Covid vaccine

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Specifically to answer your question I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine no ill effects ............

Reactions: Dudette1

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi my husband and I both had the Pfizer jab
We had a bit of a sore arm, other then that, nothing.
Our second one is Tuesday, looking forward to it.
Hoping to get back to normal soon. Take care

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After my first A-Z jab, I felt a bit off for a few days, together with a small increase in BG levels. This week I had my second injection, BG up 0.5 mmol for a couple of days, and only a slightly sore arm, no other effects this time.

Pete1974

How have people been feeling after going for their second dose for those who have had it please. I felt fine with my first dose, son wasn’t very well for the first few hours but was fine after. We go for our second jab on Friday, the Astra Zeneca, all these blood clot stories are making me conflicted

I have had the Astra Zeneca jab first i had first in January was rough for few days but on lot of heart meds and second 3 weeks ago felt great afterwards glad I have had it and will have top up if required

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Not sure if anyone has posted this so sorry if it has.
Has anyone had the vaccine? I’m not into all the conspiracy theories, I personally am worried because the vaccine hasn’t been out very long, with me been diabetic has it really been tested enough that they really know I won’t have a reaction or it won’t raise my big dangerously.
I’m lucky enough to be offered it and want to take it, just worried that if I ask doctor they will obviously tell me it’s for the best to take it. Sounds bad but I would feel better knowing ppl on here have had it and are fine or know of other diabetics that have had no issues, I know we are all different, and I know getting covid would be much worse, it’s just playing on my mind.
No problem with Dose no. 1 Moderna, now two weeks-- wish me luck and I wish you luck too; however two years ago I succumbed to a very nasty flu, and I cannot distinguish if I got ill due to that particular flu or the vaccine for it.

pdc1981

I had my first jab on February 18th and I will be having my 2nd one next week (Pfizer). I had an aching arm for 3-4 days but that was all.

sorchao

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Trying to get my Libre unstuck after 14 days
Just had the first Moderna jab on Saturday - had a headache and a sore arm, only. I’m T2 and my blood sugar has been entirely normal. The headache was medium bad on Saturday and has tailed off slowly yesterday and today. The arm is still sore when I do anything with it, but I can cope with that, given the benefits!

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Thanks to everyone who has been sharing, it been a big help to anyone who was nervous, me been one of them.

Reactions: jjraak

KernowKeith

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Had my second jab on Sunday - Oxford AZ – and all OK until evening when I had flu-like symptoms for 24 hours. All OK now but felt a little dizzy yesterday afternoon when getting up from sofa. Felt a little wobbly this morning with the low blood-sugar feeling, so checked and found the mmol/l had dropped to 3.1! Didn't believe the reading, so took it again and showed 3.2. Never ever had anything that low before – a couple of high 'fours' but usually in the five-to-six area. A one-off or the result of the jab? Just had a chocolate and nut 'brunch bar' and the reading rose to 4.6 within a few minutes, so will take another reading in an hour or so.

EDIT: BG rose to 5.6 after an hour.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

The nurse phone me the other day saying that i could have the second covid vaccine on my birthday i said no after the symptoms i had last time bowel flare up i had another one today aswell so no i am not having the 2nd injection.
Too many health issues to deal with.

Sparklebright62.

Reactions: Buzzer81

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am slotting this years fluvax (2021) in between my first and second AZ vaccination, I had the first one last month with no side effects. The second AZ I am booked in on the 15.06.2021 for it.

Craig20

Having my second Pfizer vaccine tomorrow, hopefully goes better than my first.
Flu symptoms and sugar level went to 11.1. now I’m on gliclazide I’m hoping it won’t be that high.
Finger crossed.

stevebolan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Not sure if anyone has posted this so sorry if it has.
Has anyone had the vaccine? I’m not into all the conspiracy theories, I personally am worried because the vaccine hasn’t been out very long, with me been diabetic has it really been tested enough that they really know I won’t have a reaction or it won’t raise my big dangerously.
I’m lucky enough to be offered it and want to take it, just worried that if I ask doctor they will obviously tell me it’s for the best to take it. Sounds bad but I would feel better knowing ppl on here have had it and are fine or know of other diabetics that have had no issues, I know we are all different, and I know getting covid would be much worse, it’s just playing on my mind.
Hi I have to say I've had both my injections, I'm type 2 but insulin dependant I haven't up to now had any adverse effects as of yet , my bloods are average 8.6 at the moment I would say go for it just a personal point of view

Daisychain1

Have my 2nd AZ jab tomorrow, fingers crossed I don’t feel like I have flu again this time, but considering how nervous I was last time, I feel absolutely fine about tomorrow, actually looking forward to it, amazing how fast the time has gone from talking about it coming to now getting 2nd jabs! :) I do have to admit though that I have received letter from my doctors to say as I am classed as high risk everyone in our household over 16 can now have their covid vaccine, my son who is 21 and autistic has had his Pfizer and absolutely fine, but I am undecided about my daughter having hers as she is only 17 and perfectly healthy, I just keep thinking she’s a young girl and we don’t really know enough yet? Am I overreacting? Really really hesitant about this

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am undecided about my daughter having hers as she is only 17 and perfectly healthy, I just keep thinking she’s a young girl and we don’t really know enough yet? Am I overreacting? Really really hesitant about this
No offence intended here, but have you asked your daughter for her opinion whether to have it or not?, as she is almost a legally of age adult (18). She should have a say in it as well, as it is her body / health, so her choice.

Daisychain1

I did, and she just stared at me! Then said I don’t want a needle stuck in my arm!!! LOL she’s a bit of a scaredy-cat LOL

It will be her decision but she always asks what we think and I have been honest and said I can’t honestly give you an answer at the moment, we’ll think on it for a while, (buying some time) :)