Dizzy

Clacton

Hi all
Ive been checking these forums for a year now. I was diagnosed type 2 last may. My last blood test result from the hospital came in at 5.9 after losing weight and excersising. The doctor says if my next blood test show the same reading, he can put me into remisssion.
My average morning blood tests are around 5.4. Is this a good reading? But I have a question. Does anyone else suffer from dizziness and headaches?
Can this feeling be stopped or am i doing something to cause this?
Your help and advice is much appreciated. Thank You.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Clacton and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, congratulations on the weight loss and blood sugar reduction, that is a great achievement.

As regards the dizziness and headaches, I wouldn't assume that that is diabetes related, but it might help if you do a blood test when you feel like this just so you can rule out diabetes as a cause. In your position I'd ask my doctor about the symptoms. It could be as simple as a vitamin deficiency, or something more severe, your doctor will be able to do the right tests.

5.4 is a pretty good reading, in my opinion. The morning fasting reading tends to be the last reading for a T2 to reduce, because your liver pumps out sugar when you wake and if you have much insulin resistance it makes your levels rise. (It's called the dawn phenomena).
Normal and Diabetic Blood Sugar Level Ranges - Blood Sugar Levels for Diabetes

Clacton

Hi Ellie,
Thank you for your reply, just done a blood test and its coming out as 6.4.
The dizzy spells come and go, its not a permanent thing but when it does come on I do get the headache with it.

Thought it was to do with the diabetes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ellie,
The dizzy spells come and go, its not a permanent thing but when it does come on I do get the headache with it.

Are you taking any medication for high blood pressure or anything else?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ellie,

My general advice for myself and anyone is that if you have concerns, speak to the doctor's. We can offer thoughts and our experience but doctors are imprtant

Good luck it all! And congratulations on your improvements

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with the salt,or it may be low blood pressure. Mine was normal when I has heavier and high sugar, now I'm lighter and low sugar my blood pressure has gone low. Try increasing fluids and salt

Reactions: oldgreymare

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
electrolytes, or adding a pinch of salt lite to a jug of water works for me.