1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dizzy

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Clacton, May 16, 2021.

1. Clacton

Clacton · Newbie

Hi all
    Ive been checking these forums for a year now. I was diagnosed type 2 last may. My last blood test result from the hospital came in at 5.9 after losing weight and excersising. The doctor says if my next blood test show the same reading, he can put me into remisssion.
    My average morning blood tests are around 5.4. Is this a good reading? But I have a question. Does anyone else suffer from dizziness and headaches?
    Can this feeling be stopped or am i doing something to cause this?
    Your help and advice is much appreciated. Thank You.

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Clacton and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, congratulations on the weight loss and blood sugar reduction, that is a great achievement.

As regards the dizziness and headaches, I wouldn't assume that that is diabetes related, but it might help if you do a blood test when you feel like this just so you can rule out diabetes as a cause. In your position I'd ask my doctor about the symptoms. It could be as simple as a vitamin deficiency, or something more severe, your doctor will be able to do the right tests.

5.4 is a pretty good reading, in my opinion. The morning fasting reading tends to be the last reading for a T2 to reduce, because your liver pumps out sugar when you wake and if you have much insulin resistance it makes your levels rise. (It's called the dawn phenomena).
    Normal and Diabetic Blood Sugar Level Ranges - Blood Sugar Levels for Diabetes

3. Clacton

Clacton · Newbie

Hi Ellie,
    Thank you for your reply, just done a blood test and its coming out as 6.4.
    The dizzy spells come and go, its not a permanent thing but when it does come on I do get the headache with it.

Thought it was to do with the diabetes.

4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Are you taking any medication for high blood pressure or anything else?

5. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

My general advice for myself and anyone is that if you have concerns, speak to the doctor's. We can offer thoughts and our experience but doctors are imprtant

Good luck it all! And congratulations on your improvements

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Clacton

Clacton · Newbie

Not taking any medication,
    just seeing if anyone else suffers with any dizziness

7. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Could be low salt levels.
    If you aren't eating any processed food then your levels might get low. I add salt to my coffee and tea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree with the salt,or it may be low blood pressure. Mine was normal when I has heavier and high sugar, now I'm lighter and low sugar my blood pressure has gone low. Try increasing fluids and salt

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

electrolytes, or adding a pinch of salt lite to a jug of water works for me.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook