Strange experience on Twitter

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just found a post I put on here has been copied onto Twitter to be used as an example of how nasty I am to Vegans.
I don't know if I ought to be flattered or not, but I am rather saddened by the thought that that there are people visiting this site to find things to use to stir up trouble.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not what you'd expect .

Agree, rather saddening.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Begs the question how they knew your forum username - would slightly freak me out, I think!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Says more about the person copying the post than it says about you. As my mother used to say ' these people should be pitied '

I think I remember reading somewhere in the forum rules that all content posted on the forum was owned by DCUK and shouldn't be copied elsewhere without permission? This issue came up when DCUK was using our forum posts on their own Facebook account, which they are entitled to do.

@Administrator ?

Last edited:

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd take it as a compliment. Social media is full of like echo chambers who love to go on hunting sprees. I'd lay bait to wind them up.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
another post has been put on twitter - a thread started by Bulkbiker, and his own name was added as well - I think that something ought to be done to tighten up security as it isn't right for people to be able to access this information and put it out to the world.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zand and @Resurgam

This forum is publicly searchable via Google so while this may be upsetting and unnerving, I’m not sure that much can be done to prevent those who access freely available content from linking or posting it elsewhere.

If you are concerned then it might be worth considering changing your username. This would need to be done by the Admin team, but if you contact one of the mods, we can help to arrange it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@zand and @Resurgam

This forum is publicly searchable via Google so while this may be upsetting and unnerving, I’m not sure that much can be done to prevent those who access freely available content from linking or posting it elsewhere.

If you are concerned then it might be worth considering changing your username. This would need to be done by the Admin team, but if you contact one of the mods, we can help to arrange it.
When my actual name can be found and linked to username there isn't much point in changing anything, if it has been done once it can be done again.

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just found a post I put on here has been copied onto Twitter to be used as an example of how nasty I am to Vegans.
I don't know if I ought to be flattered or not, but I am rather saddened by the thought that that there are people visiting this site to find things to use to stir up trouble.
I've not noticed you being nasty to anyone.

Apparently, some people think someone presenting evidence that contradicts their views or someone holding a different view to them is evidence of them being nasty.

If people are finding this forum's content then that's a good thing, but it is impossible to prevent it being misunderstood/twisted/abused or people taking offence when none was intended and none should have been taken ...

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Soon after the copying/linking incident the vegan posters on Twitter just vanished away and the experience has been a whole lot nicer and entirely agreeable - I go and potter around on there quite regularly now as everything is far less vitriolic.

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Soon after the copying/linking incident the vegan posters on Twitter just vanished away and the experience has been a whole lot nicer and entirely agreeable - I go and potter around on there quite regularly now as everything is far less vitriolic.
Good, I'm glad things are better for you now...