What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
My lack of mathematical skills left me a bit confused D Day minus 4? But I reckon it's either your birthday today or you have just had a Birthday or going to have a birthday so on the safe side...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

And if I'm totally wrong, enjoy it anyway. :)
Your dead right, Muddy. Have a pint of Black Sheep and tablets and my maths is totally shot! :) atb
Derek

lindisfel

Expert
It certainly has turned out to be a great day - don’t get tangled up with those tourists.
It gets mad nowadays, the road to Borrowdale from Keswick gets gridlocked at weekends but the road under Cat Belles via Grange is generally less busy unless the clowns park in the passing places.

Someone with a drone the other weekend buzzed a Rescue Service helicopter.
I don't know where they keep their brains?

Daughter and s.i.l. instead of Lakes decided to go to Bowness on Solway and sent a whatsapp picture of a large piece of cake in the Pear Tree with s.i.l. hiding his tum behind it! ;)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late checking in this Sunday evening.

4.3 this morning.

Have a great birfday @lindisfel.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day as one does have when back from a week away. Soart is from Saturdays farewell to the Beach. Whispy clouds and a deserted beach.....

A4 pencil sketch, Plein Air....
IMG_4902.JPG

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

cloudy morning so we ate lunch outside at mum's but not barbeque, then it warmed up and the sun came out :D
mr gee mowed the grass outside mum's gate and I trimmed the overhanging bushes so we can get a view of oncoming traffic when we come out of the drive.

Rum and raisin ice cream was a great success and the weather was so nice when we got home we went for a walk round the village and sat down by the harbour for a while.

Lots of visitors about.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@lindisfel - have a great birthday :)

@gennepher - a fine Popeye, no doubt he is playing guardian over your sleep :) Hugs for the tribulations of technology.

@dunelm - that's fair old size, the monoprint has really worked out well though and the boatman gives it great scale :) very pleasing

@Muddy Cyclist - nicely balanced sketch and the clouds are very effective giving the sky that lacy feel :)

art bit -
today's art is inspired by a work from an artist called John O'Grady I like the way he uses his strong palette. Painted on Hahnemuhler Britannia I think

upload_2021-6-6_20-10-6.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert

4.6 today

cloudy morning so we ate lunch outside at mum's but not barbeque, then it warmed up and the sun came out :D
mr gee mowed the grass outside mum's gate and I trimmed the overhanging bushes so we can get a view of oncoming traffic when we come out of the drive.

Rum and raisin ice cream was a great success and the weather was so nice when we got home we went for a walk round the village and sat down by the harbour for a while.

Lots of visitors about.

@gennepher - a fine Popeye, no doubt he is playing guardian over your sleep :) Hugs for the tribulations of technology.

@dunelm - that's fair old size, the monoprint has really worked out well though and the boatman gives it great scale :) very pleasing

@Muddy Cyclist - nicely balanced sketch and the clouds are very effective giving the sky that lacy feel :)

art bit -
today's art is inspired by a work from an artist called John O'Grady I like the way he uses his strong palette. Painted on Hahnemuhler Britannia I think

View attachment 49830
Thank you Geeful,
Good to hear on last weeks Spring Watch there are getting to be more Cetaceans in the Moray Firth. I guess you some times see them when looking out to sea on your coast.
regards
Derek

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

Lots of visitors about.

art bit -

View attachment 49830
Thanks @geefull

This painting is absolutely stunning. I love everything about it. Also, it is so 3 dimensional.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

Lots of visitors about.

art bit -

View attachment 49830
Thank you @geefull. Fabulous painting a la John O’Grady - you can feel yourself walking straight into it.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Here we go again. Robert the Bruce and the spider come to mind (apologies if my history is defective).

The outcome of the shingles on/in my head is that I now need a cataract operation for my right eye. I can just read a newspaper but am a bit worried about driving the car. Haven't been on the motorway since the attack. But hey-ho. My sight may be corrected. And I'm double jabbed with Pfizer's finest. So I'm better off than many.

8.1 mmo/lt FBG after 4 days on the wagon. (Start Chinese accent) "Journey of a thousand mile begin with single step".

Hope everyone is prospering as best you can, and getting out more.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a slightly damp yet drying out start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado with crispy bacon and eggs came in at 4.8 this am.

It’s moving day - well, re-arranging day really. I have bought a new table for art stuff and it’s going in the un-named room where the dolls house, rocking horse and toy boxes are. There is a sofa to move and a cupboard to get rid of, once I sort out contents - I think the shredder will be used later on. Best keep the practice chanter and my old slide rule though - you never know when they will come in handy. It all needs to be sorted today before the girl in the bubble turns up tomorrow. She is now staggering about unaided but like all newly acquired skills, she gets all show-offy - turns too quickly, and falls over. Luckily it’s mainly laughter but there has been the odd bump. Good job infants are mainly constructed out of rubber. Strange bird noise yesterday - looked into the garden and there it was, a Whitethroat - bobbing up and down, making a right racket.

Running out of the monoprinted sheets that I did - may do more at some future time and the few left have so far eluded me as to what they may become. Bit of a splodge this one but never mind, I like a good splodge - makes a change from a doodle. Have a great day if you can. Koffy time.

upload_2021-6-7_6-31-14.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Here we go again. Robert the Bruce and the spider come to mind (apologies if my history is defective).

The outcome of the shingles on/in my head is that I now need a cataract operation for my right eye. I can just read a newspaper but am a bit worried about driving the car. Haven't been on the motorway since the attack. But hey-ho. My sight may be corrected. And I'm double jabbed with Pfizer's finest. So I'm better off than many.

8.1 mmo/lt FBG after 4 days on the wagon. (Start Chinese accent) "Journey of a thousand mile begin with single step".

Oh dear, I would be hesitant about driving also. Wonder how long you will have to wait until you can get the operation? Pfizer eh, that’s well posh.

Reactions: True Blue

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

Lots of visitors about.

art bit -

View attachment 49830
Thank you.

I like the style of this artist and you have created a strong and interesting painting. I personally think your own landscape style is much better but it's always good to experiment.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your vision worries, I hope you are able to be seen and repaired quickly, such a worry for you. Take care.

Reactions: True Blue

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a slightly damp yet drying out start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado with crispy bacon and eggs came in at 4.8 this am.

It’s moving day - well, re-arranging day really. I have bought a new table for art stuff and it’s going in the un-named room where the dolls house, rocking horse and toy boxes are. There is a sofa to move and a cupboard to get rid of, once I sort out contents - I think the shredder will be used later on. Best keep the practice chanter and my old slide rule though - you never know when they will come in handy. It all needs to be sorted today before the girl in the bubble turns up tomorrow. She is now staggering about unaided but like all newly acquired skills, she gets all show-offy - turns too quickly, and falls over. Luckily it’s mainly laughter but there has been the odd bump. Good job infants are mainly constructed out of rubber. Strange bird noise yesterday - looked into the garden and there it was, a Whitethroat - bobbing up and down, making a right racket.

Running out of the monoprinted sheets that I did - may do more at some future time and the few left have so far eluded me as to what they may become. Bit of a splodge this one but never mind, I like a good splodge - makes a change from a doodle. Have a great day if you can. Koffy time.

View attachment 49831
Busy day for you up North, best of luck making it safe for the bouncing girl in a bubble.

Great SPLODGE restoration. :)