What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

7.25am FBG 6.1

Disappointing and am blaming DP.

Had a very disturbed night. First MrSlims phone went off twice about 1am. Mystery caller was blocked. Later managed to miss a step on my way to the loo, bashed my elbow on the stone wall. Woke up again at about 5.30am, too early to get up. DP was probably working all night.

Weight 50.7kg

Errant 4.5kg
Am cutting his evening rations by one gramme this week. He still looks enormous.
This is one gramme of his food.

20210611_103041.jpg

We got the beanpoles up
20210610_171114.jpg

@geefull very humid here too.
Bathroom was at 99 % all night
Am expecting clouds and rain in there any moment.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

7.25am FBG 6.1

Disappointing and am blaming DP.

Had a very disturbed night. First MrSlims phone went off twice about 1am. Mystery caller was blocked. Later managed to miss a step on my way to the loo, bashed my elbow on the stone wall. Woke up again at about 5.30am, too early to get up. DP was probably working all night.

Weight 50.7kg

Errant 4.5kg
Am cutting his evening rations by one gramme this week. He still looks enormous.
This is one gramme of his food.

View attachment 49923
We got the beanpoles up View attachment 49924

@geefull very humid here too.
Bathroom was at 99 % all night
Am expecting clouds and rain in there any moment.
Poor Errant ...
Beenpoles look good. Are you sure you won't end up with a forest of trees...l used willow for beanpoles one year, and that was not one of my best ideas...

Hope your elbow has healed...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There may be trouble ahead. SkippyMcSkipace arrived nice and early. Sleepy patient upstairs and well out of the way. Being keen to get VFM I want to fill it asap. Crockery, glassware and food dumped with some reserved for approval. The food was LC. My shattered hopes and dreams of what LC would taste like and do for me lying in a skip - much £s as well. I don't see where the things Madam wants to keep will fit. @SlimLizzy hug for the humid, disturbed, stumbling night. Winner for row of beans. That looks so much like the photo of my Grandfather's taken on the day of his funeral.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor Errant ...
Beenpoles look good. Are you sure you won't end up with a forest of trees...l used willow for beanpoles one year, and that was not one of my best ideas...

Hope your elbow has healed...
Hi gennepher. Errant has a heart condition and the extra weight is not helpful.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well handicap cards are in - those two donkey rounds cost me dear.

I totally know what you mean about the jelly babies. I am sure my golf bag eats them. Not me. Nope.
Absolutely agree - it must be your golf bag eating your jelly babies. It couldn't possibly be you.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today. Salmon and salad last night, perhaps too much wine.:)

Sister and brother in law arriving this morning. Brother in law and I are of on a long Muddy Bike Ride, he's got a posh E bike, sold his Harley Davison to buy it, so I'm going to get a work out keeping up.

Keep safe and let time run its course.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Digital painting in SketchesProApp
I used just one brush which is almost like a fuzzy splatter paint brush to find out what it could do. There are also settings within the paint brush itself. I used layers and this app seems to have some different potential with the layers and colouring...

So experimenting. Used a portion on one of Lin Fengmian's paintings for inspiration.

The cat? What did I do with him, to keep him off the iPad screen? Well, when I got up I went to the kitchen for a bit. When I got back he was sound asleep (bored of waiting for me), and I just managed to finish this when a sleepy Popeye woke up...

Another warm day today, but it was icy cold yesterday afternoon

Have fun...

F76CB8DA-312F-439E-BD3A-78461E800D9B.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Today is a totally mad day. 1:1s in my lunch break then when I get home a Zoom class for class members who cannot attend the face to face classes.

Thank goodness for protein powder. .Have made a concoction of casein and chia seed protein powder, sweetened with inulin and flavoured with ginger for a really quick lunch. I had forgotten just how much I used to love ginger biscuits and this gives a similar sweet gingery taste.

Coffee in flask, everything ready for the day ahead. Dog walk first then the nightmare drive to Norwich through the roadworks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. I'll go with the 4.4 Swipey gave at 5.34 - as good a guess as any. How does a guy with an avo as his avatar forget the avo on SSAF? Too much junk sorting, skip filling, cricket watching and nursing. I'm not engineered for multi-tasking. Two sons coming to help fill the skip today - 1 morning shift 1 afternoon shift. Hot, hot, hot in the far from exotic East. Enjoy but take care on that bike ride @Muddy Cyclist. I would have a stern word with your diary manager @Krystyna23040 ;) (How does one ever learn to like ginger?) @gennepher thanks for the art each day. Tinkety Tonk old fruits - summer muzak? Lyrics

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.30am FBG 6.4
Did a couple of hours raking in the hayfield. Then started digging out the remaining weeds in one of the veg beds, have baby leeklets waiting for a chance to stretch their roots. Had planned to put them into a bed I prepared earlier, but it quickly became obvious that was much too small. So digging out the other bed was only remaining option. It was very hot and tiring work.
Lunch pâté and toast, salad, sugar free squash, tea.
Finished the digging, raked it all smooth.
Then helped MrSlim with more raking for a couple of hours. Leeklets had to wait, they will be better planted in the evening anyway.
MrSlim is using the mower as a tractor, towing away the trailer full of grass rakings.
Its jingling, so he gets it up on the stand to investigate underneath.
A bit has fallen off.
Not a small piece. It will be somewhere in the hayfield. Have already spent about four hours raking today. We wander about for some time, I decide might be better to rake up, at least that way can see where it isn't. Kicking the piles about is not finding the missing tensioner bar. Couple of hours later MrSlim has found it, I have sunburn and am too tired to plant leeklets.
Dinner very late, pork chop, celeriac, mushrooms and peppers. Wine in abundance, we are both exhausted. But don't go immediately to bed. Probably should have done, both of us still stressed out over lost and found part. Several glasses of wine, not a good idea so late, which leads to late night cheese snack, again not a good idea. Hot and bothered in the night and feeling too tired to move this morning.
Been up two hours and still sitting with cat on lap. Electrician expected any minute so quick tidy up might be needed ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.30am FBG 6.4
Did a couple of hours raking in the hayfield. Then started digging out the remaining weeds in one of the veg beds, have baby leeklets waiting for a chance to stretch their roots. Had planned to put them into a bed I prepared earlier, but it quickly became obvious that was much too small. So digging out the other bed was only remaining option. It was very hot and tiring work.
Then helped MrSlim with more raking for a couple of hours. Leeklets had to wait, they will be better planted in the evening anyway.
MrSlim is using the mower as a tractor, towing away the trailer full of grass rakings.
A bit has fallen off.
Not a small piece. It will be somewhere in the hayfield. Have already spent about four hours raking today. We wander about for some time, I decide might be better to rake up, at least that way can see where it isn't. Kicking the piles about is not finding the missing tensioner bar. Couple of hours later MrSlim has found it, I have sunburn and am too tired to plant leeklets.
Dinner very late, pork chop, celeriac, mushrooms and peppers. Wine in abundance, we are both exhausted. But don't go immediately to bed. Probably should have done, both of us still stressed out over lost and found part. Several glasses of wine, not a good idea so late, which leads to late night cheese snack, again not a good idea. Hot and bothered in the night and feeling too tired to move this morning.
Been up two hours and still sitting with cat on lap. Electrician expected any minute so quick tidy up might be needed ...
Hug for the stress of lost tensioner bar and all that work in what I guess is stifling heat. Winner for the sheer hard work you manage. What can I say but wow - you shame me. Chapeau.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just noticed that Errant didn't eat much of his breakfast :(
Now worried that he is sick.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hug for the stress of lost tensioner bar and all that work in what I guess is stifling heat. Winner for the sheer hard work you manage. What can I say but wow - you shame me. Chapeau.
Not stifling heat, but hot enough that sitting in the shade would be very pleasant.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Digital painting in SketchesProApp
I used just one brush which is almost like a fuzzy splatter paint brush to find out what it could do. There are also settings within the paint brush itself. I used layers and this app seems to have some different potential with the layers and colouring...

So experimenting. Used a portion on one of Lin Fengmian's paintings for inspiration.

The cat? What did I do with him, to keep him off the iPad screen? Well, when I got up I went to the kitchen for a bit. When I got back he was sound asleep (bored of waiting for me), and I just managed to finish this when a sleepy Popeye woke up...

Another warm day today, but it was icy cold yesterday afternoon

Have fun...

View attachment 49943
Smashing painting, wonderful colours.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.30am FBG 6.4
A bit has fallen off.
Big hug for that tension bar loss but watch that sunburn, it can easily turn into sunstroke - nasty stuff - big hat, long sleeves, lots of water and rest.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another possibly heated day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted chicken and scant nod to green things came in at 4.6 this am

Out this morning for a few rounds of the park before it got too warm and halfway through lap 2, mother calls - asked her for 30 minutes and then headed home after only 2 laps. So, a good half hour zoom call - dad had wandered into the market to get fresh strawberries, mum says it’s too hot. Scots Guards trooping their colours this morning. Dopey commentator mentions that it’s a glorious sunny day - last thing you need when wearing ceremonial dress. In other news, lions and elephants testing positive for covid in India - wonder what the conspiracy theorists will make of that - perhaps other animal species on this planet are also being suckered - who knew?

Art today - bit of wet paper and ink dripping - couple of tears in the paper because I didn’t sit it on a felt base - oh well. Have a great day if you can - koffy already finished.

upload_2021-6-12_10-45-59.jpeg