What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a feint promise of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a couple of butchers no rusk sausages with eggs and some patty that I made with chopped up leftover veg came in at 5.2 this am

A day of small chores yesterday and a few left over for today - let’s not be greedy about it. I have one of those webinar things at 5 run by Prof Tim Spectre’s team and titled, “COVID-19 and diet: Does what you eat matter?” Should be entertaining.
Talk of Chia and stuff - some recipes here about all manor of things that we keep in our cupboards of magic and mystery:
https://www.realfoodsource.com/product-category/ebooks/

Talk of thunderstorms - or lack of them - added a bit of colour to my painting for today. Hope your pre-bin day is a good one, according to the listings of the Pastafarian Holy Days, it’s Marinara Sauce Day. Koffy time.

upload_2021-6-22_7-48-14.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I give thanks to my creator for the opportunity to share a virtual chat with you all, it is a personal belief so I won't take offence if y'all feel that is mumbo jumbo. New sensor seems to think my fbg was 4.5 - entirely feasible but not necessarily true. So much effort from posters, so many stories of lives well lived. Wonderful badger story and piece of artwork @gennepher. My mum's Lupus consultant allegedly always said grey days are the worst so hug there. @SlimLizzy I'm just in awe of the effort you and Mr Slim put in. @geefull another masterpiece to my eyes and well done on the half barrel. My parents had one - I could find no love for it so in the skip it went. The magnolia tree under which it lived was, however, a joy bringer. I feel a washing day is incumbent upon me this very day. I'll leave lawn mowing until the morrow - save some chores as per @dunelm. I'm not putting a whole lot more effort into this garden - you shouldn't waste time and effort trying to put lipstick on a pig. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
Edit: Didn't find the reader but I did find 2 flying pig ornaments and 2 silver cake knives.:banghead:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a feint promise of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a couple of butchers no rusk sausages with eggs and some patty that I made with chopped up leftover veg came in at 5.2 this am

A day of small chores yesterday and a few left over for today - let’s not be greedy about it. I have one of those webinar things at 5 run by Prof Tim Spectre’s team and titled, “COVID-19 and diet: Does what you eat matter?” Should be entertaining.
Talk of Chia and stuff - some recipes here about all manor of things that we keep in our cupboards of magic and mystery:

Talk of thunderstorms - or lack of them - added a bit of colour to my painting for today. Hope your pre-bin day is a good one, according to the listings of the Pastafarian Holy Days, it’s Marinara Sauce Day. Koffy time.

View attachment 50113
A wonderful stormy sky a good colour wash, how did you get that lightening flash in, resist, careful control of the wash?

Webinar, that sounds intellectual.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Looks sunny outside but probably still a bit chilly.

At the moment - for hygiene reasons during Covid - all class members bring their own mats and head cushions. Have now decided to continue with this after Covid (if there ever is an 'after Covid').

Bring your own has cut down on work dramatically. No more washing head cushion covers every Sunday and struggling to put them back on, no more daily sanitising mats and equipment, or lugging them in and out of my car.

Perhaps, for me, this is the one positive from the pandemic. Of course Zoom is the other positive. No more cancelled classes when we are snowed in. We can go straight onto Zoom.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I woke up at 1.30 am, but I had gone to bed at 7pm. I could not get back to sleep again. So I got up at 2 am. I needed to move about a bit and then try again to see if I can get back to sleep, because I was trying hard to make sure I was having enough sleep. It was a horrid grey day yesterday, an energy sapping day.

I am now in the kitchen, boiling the water for a cuppa, when I went out into the front garden to look at the stars for a moment.

There was a cat sitting in the road looking at me, and I started to walk towards it. But it got up on to it's legs and begins to walk towards me. And I am thinking this is a very large cat, bigger than any in our road...

Then the street light catches it. Ooops, it's a badger. But the badger continues to walk towards me. Friendly, like it is expecting this human to feed it. And I am thinking more 'ooops'....it was a very curious badger. And its legs were very long. The badgers I see around here don't have the short stubby legs you generally see in photos of badgers.

I knew I couldn't run indoors fast enough, so I put my hands on my hips. Badger stops in its tracks. Finally badger takes a few steps down the road, and turns again, it's face still seeming to ask me if I have food. This went on a few mins. Finally badger turns down the next road.

Painting in Procreate...A Curious Badger.
View attachment 50111
What a lovely painting of a friendly badger.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
L

I use shelled hemp seeds - far better than normal ones
Reading your post I have just realised that all hemp isn't 'yuk' and that it is just the hemp seed protein powder that is truly awful.

For breakfast I add 10g Linwoods shelled hemp seeds to my ground flaxseeds and they are lovely.

It is really strange. I absolutely hate chia seeds and cannot eat them but when they are turned into chia seed protein powder they are actually quite nice and I can hardly believe that chia seed protein powder is made from chia seeds.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 50113
Love your painting today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading your post I have just realised that all hemp isn't 'yuk' and that it is just the hemp seed protein powder that is truly awful.

For breakfast I add 10g Linwoods shelled hemp seeds to my ground flaxseeds and they are lovely.

It is really strange. I absolutely hate chia seeds and cannot eat them but when they are turned into chia seed protein powder they are actually quite nice and I can hardly believe that chia seed protein powder is made from chia seeds.
Two very interesting posts from you today young lady. The post-covid world one sparked some thoughts. How soon will we forget how to deal with highly transmissible infections such as oh, I don't know, influenza? The chia/hemp seeds post did 2 things. Reminded me just how much of a fussy eater LC has made me (learning how to cope with fasting was a disaster) and just how I now view food as primarily functional. - just to be analysed then tested. I can't think either of those attitudes to food are a) what God intended and b) good for me. Hmm

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.55am FBG 5.3 That's more like it
Yesterday was busy as mentioned elsewhere, during the afternoon, while we were assembling shelves in the barn, I heard Errant growling. Shot out to see our over the road neighbours young dog in the garden, with Errant making a slow and menacing approach, growling all the while.
The dog( a husky type about five months old so considerably larger than Errant) seemed confused. It lives with a cat, perhaps theirs is friendly?
Dog is inviting Errant to play...
Errant is intent on GBH...
MrSlim tried to chase the dog, little more than a pup really, for all its size, away, but it was fascinated by Errant, just dodged and came back.
Luckily neighbour was aware dog was out and I was able to get her to collect it before any damage was done.
Even then she had to pick it up and carry it away, while Snouk looked longingly at his unwilling playmate over her shoulder.
MrSlim has previously been concerned about Errant being chased and hurt by Snouk, now the concern is all for the pup, who will surely one day have to learn to take a cat on the warpath seriously.
Errant took a while to calm down and remained in a position with a clear view of the gate for several hours. Think he was on guard duty.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.55am FBG 5.3 That's more like it
Yesterday was busy as mentioned elsewhere, during the afternoon, while we were assembling shelves in the barn, I heard Errant growling. Shot out to see our over the road neighbours young dog in the garden, with Errant making a slow and menacing approach, growling all the while.
The dog( a husky type about five months old so considerably larger than Errant) seemed confused. It lives with a cat, perhaps theirs is friendly?
Dog is inviting Errant to play...
Errant is intent on GBH...
MrSlim tried to chase the dog, little more than a pup really, for all its size, away, but it was fascinated by Errant, just dodged and came back.
Luckily neighbour was aware dog was out and I was able to get her to collect it before any damage was done.
Even then she had to pick it up and carry it away, while Snouk looked longingly at his unwilling playmate over her shoulder.
MrSlim has previously been concerned about Errant being chased and hurt by Snouk, now the concern is all for the pup, who will surely one day have to learn to take a cat on the warpath seriously.
Errant took a while to calm down and remained in a position with a clear view of the gate for several hours. Think he was on guard duty.
Most cats come off best in a stand-off between cat and strange dog @SlimLizzy
Popeye took on an Alsatian many many years ago. He was walking in the middle of a wide alleyway. Alsatian was coming towards him. But Popeye kept walking in the middle of the alleyway insouciantly without any apparent care in the world. Alsatian cringed against the brick wall (it was a very big dog), and almost disappeared into the wall. Then as soon as Popeye was well past, the Alsatian ran.

Errant has a job now, as Guard Cat :)

But they might make friends yet...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's use those terms loosely.

Congratulations to @ianpspurs it seems that you are on that slow and winding path to just getting on with your life, in me and me's opinion being fixated on any one thing is not healthy, mentally and physically, but then my sanity is highly questionable at all times.

A 5.2 this morning on that wayward meter of plotting and down right deviousness.

Well guess who forgot to take his insulin before breakfast, yet got it in one. Never mind just took it afterwards.

The BBC's work of science fiction and fantasy known to all as the weather forecast looks interesting for the Tilehurst Towers area. Can and do I believe it, not a chance. Mrs J has just told me that she is going to put the washing out!

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, I must get on with my life away from this thread, but first I would like to remind you all, stay safe, stay well, stay apart and finally stay away from the depressing media.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 50113

View attachment 50113
Brilliant @dunelm
I love the sharper definition of the trees in this one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's use those terms loosely.

Congratulations to @ianpspurs it seems that you are on that slow and winding path to just getting on with your life, in me and me's opinion being fixated on any one thing is not healthy, mentally and physically, but then my sanity is highly questionable at all times.

A 5.2 this morning on that wayward meter of plotting and down right deviousness.

Well guess who forgot to take his insulin before breakfast, yet got it in one. Never mind just took it afterwards.

The BBC's work of science fiction and fantasy known to all as the weather forecast looks interesting for the Tilehurst Towers area. Can and do I believe it, not a chance. Mrs J has just told me that she is going to put the washing out!

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, I must get on with my life away from this thread, but first I would like to remind you all, stay safe, stay well, stay apart and finally stay away from the depressing media.
Thanks - I think - @alf_Josiah. I'm very much on an existential mission to survive long enough and well enough to escape from the unholy mess moving here and being governed by a total shambles have become.:bigtears: Then I will heartily celebrate, Those are my 28 hrs a day priorities. This WOE is light relief which helpfully distracts me from weeping and or something worse. It's being so happy that keeps me going. Oh, that, the helpful meedja and foot the ball ;)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Looks like a good day in Cumbria and somewhat warmer at a promised 18 deg C today.
There was a heavy dew this am but still very little rain and the lane at at the side of the cottage is still very dry and the plants on the front wall are wilting.
I don't think we were far off a frost last night. Is that early or late?

I cut the grass verge yesterday but left the orchid I found on the front grass, I should love not cut all the wild flowers down in the garden but eventually they get buried in grass or nettles.

Thinking of my grandson today as he does his exams.
His older uncle on his dads side died of blood cancer a few week ago at only 61 and they are having a secular funeral today and a wake, that's why they waited for three weeks for the restrictions to lift.
A little hard for my youngest, her 50 year old friend from school died of a brain tumour early in June and the other week she was up for the funeral and her friend was buried in the local cemetary here.
Her friend has a son 14. We well remember him and the grandson playing together here when he was two and Dylan three.

Have been to a couple of secular funerals they are not my cup of tea.
Atheists don't do ceremony very well.

It a good job we do not know too much about what's in store.

Derek

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Most cats come off best in a stand-off between cat and strange dog @SlimLizzy

Errant has a job now, as Guard Cat :)

But they might make friends yet...

Having seen Errant with three different dogs I doubt if he will ever be friends with one.