Injection problem

Hibby65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Anyone else have problems injecting sometimes? Sometimes stick the needle in push the top of the pen nice and smooth no problems. Other days it’s murder. Stick the needle in push and push and it’s like it’s blocked or trying to resist. Tried different sites but still happens. Always tend to push a little bit first over the sink no problems then in the arm it’s like the skins trying to push back

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Anyone else have problems injecting sometimes? Sometimes stick the needle in push the top of the pen nice and smooth no problems. Other days it’s murder. Stick the needle in push and push and it’s like it’s blocked or trying to resist. Tried different sites but still happens. Always tend to push a little bit first over the sink no problems then in the arm it’s like the skins trying to push back
How many units are you injecting at once?

Reactions: EllieM

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you using a new needle each time? I find if I'm reusing a needle :bag: it's like it's getting clogged up.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Like some others I get it if I use the same needle repetitively , once I change the needle no probs

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
It happens to me too from time to time........new needle and no more than 10 units at a time.....
It feels like the mechanism in the pen to be the cause?
It feels like some of the insulin has got left behind and tried to prove this using data from my phone but it became inconclusive.

Tony

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What needles are you using?
In order to save money, some GPs have been prescribing different needles which don't seem to go in as easily.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
What needles are you using?
In order to save money, some GPs have been prescribing different needles which don't seem to go in as easily.
BD 4mm microfine ....

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
In the colder months I find I can use the same needle 20 - 30 times without it clogging , But in the warmer weather months I sometimes have to replace it every day as it gets completely blocked .

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I find this happens from time to time in my thighs. I think it's where you inject in an area that has become 'hard' through a lot of previous injections. I now test my flesh with my fingers to find softer areas.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I didn't mean when it's in my flesh but when I do an airshot in the warmer weather it seems it might congeal in the needle!

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I find this happens from time to time in my thighs. I think it's where you inject in an area that has become 'hard' through a lot of previous injections. I now test my flesh with my fingers to find softer areas.
I've had this happen a couple of times and as Diabell said, my assumption is that I hit a spot where I've injected recently as this can be a problem.

I've also had it twice where the insulin just oozed back out of the skin and wouldn't absorb, even after waiting the usual time (and I always wait longer then the recommended 6 - 10 secs).