Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning

Type 1 with bad guts here.

7am i'm in work and unexpectedly my levels dropped to below 3 and had an attack (I use the term in context) of bad guts at the same time...…

I'm wobbling around an empty building doing the same job I've been doing for the last 12 years....

Its now after 8 am and I'm currently 5.6 at my desk with a fine cup of coffee ….

I'm not seeking sympathy or questions as to how this happened i'm just contemplating the meaning of life and genuinely wonder whether I have a will of iron or am I just plain thick??

or a bit of both?

Have a fantastic Friday everyone and please note this post is supposed to be good natured x

Tony

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

7am i'm in work and unexpectedly my levels dropped to below 3 and had an attack (I use the term in context) of bad guts at the same time...…

Ouch, going below 3 is scary, let alone combining it with other issues. Any idea what caused the hypo?

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Without going into too much detail, I have experienced a hypo at the same time as "guts problems" when the food I ate went straight through and was not digested. So the bolus insulin I took was not used.

I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: Tony337

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @Tony337 Sorry to hear about your hypo, hope you're feeling ok now ?

Same as In Response, i've had a poorly stomach where food hasn't been digested and levels dropped, it's not a great experience, so hope it's a one off for you and the rest of your day goes much better.

Reactions: EllieM and Tony337

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
I'm fine now just tired.
My post wasn't about cause and effect.
Its that ability to "carry on " when you are feeling rough although is it ability or determination or stubbornness?

I'm at 5.6 with a little arrow telling me i'm dropping at a slow rate.

Onwards and upwards

Tony

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry I should of added that yes a will of iron is necessary - apart from numerous times with daughter trying to sort myself out on a day out or shopping trip, as well as at work, i've had hypos before dinner parties in the past, so as guests have been arriving as i've been cowering in the kitchen trying to get levels up whilst cooking, they take time to recover from so depending on the hypo it can take a good while to feel 'right' again. It's the one thing I hate the most about being t1..

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
Hi
I'm fine now just tired.
Its that ability to "carry on " when you are feeling rough although is it ability or determination or stubbornness?

Onwards and upwards

Tony

Just the will to live, methinks!

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Good morning

I'm wobbling around an empty building doing the same job I've been doing for the last 12 years....

Its now after 8 am and I'm currently 5.6 at my desk with a fine cup of coffee ….

I'm not seeking sympathy or questions as to how this happened i'm just contemplating the meaning of life and genuinely wonder whether I have a will of iron or am I just plain thick??

or a bit of both?

Have a fantastic Friday everyone and please note this post is supposed to be good natured x

I came close to a hypo yesterday, and it was not in the terrible three's. For me anything under 4.ish is an alert. I avoid them like the plague, because not only are they bad for your heart and brain, but they take a while to recover from. So, I reminded myself of advice I read here, that eating small quantities during the day "by the meter" as they say, is worth the effort to avoid them. Don't worry about feeling low as illness during the pandemic is a bad interaction.

Tony

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
I'm fine now just tired.

Onwards and upwards

Tony
I think its amazing what you can do with only the fumes of fuel in your tank and your rational brain telling you not to panic. Not so much a will of iron as an experienced type 1.