Heart Calcification

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
By our accident I found recently I had heart calcification . I’m hearing that Oates is not good for this condition along with sugar to stabilise the condition .

How being a diabetic can I drop oatcakes as it’s my main intake of carbs . Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated ?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
By our accident I found recently I had heart calcification . I’m hearing that Oates is not good for this condition along with sugar to stabilise the condition .

How being a diabetic can I drop oatcakes as it’s my main intake of carbs . Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated ?
Why do you want to take carbs? Quite a few on the forums have very few carbs if not as close to zero as possible and are managing well.

Reactions: mansingh01

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use flax seed in baking once in a while, but as we don't need carbs I select the ones I eat carefully, low carb tasty and colourful is what I pick usually - fresh veges and salad stuff.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat flax seed and chia seed for fibre and for the oils. They don't raise my bg much, if at all

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I add seeds to my salads, so have them almost daily. Ground Linseed are a good source of vitamin D (I grind them myself so they don't go rancid). Chia seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds are also good (for me at least).

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
@Rog Did you have a CAC test? They say that it isn't too big a problem if the number is high but stable - only a big problem if it is increasing annually.
Do you follow Ivor Cummins (the FatEmperor)? I trust him regarding Fats, Carbs and Cholesterol, but not quite so sure about his views on Coronavirus.