Are you going to get vaccinated?

M

Member496333

So what are you going to do wait thirty years then when the data is available decide wether the risks are acceptable remember with all new vaccines you are going to have the same problem long term data is collected over time.

That’s why the clinical trials normally take 5-10 years not 3 months. In the meantime I’m going to use my immune system. As I say, others are free to make their own choices.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Who’s bribing you? I would have waited if I knew that

M

Member496333

Who’s bribing you?

The government is pressuring everyone into taking the injection under public and media peer pressure. They are also threatening jobs and peoples’ ability to partake in society if they don’t submit. In other parts of the world they are being offered free burgers and ice cream.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
If I accept the possibility that the government are conspiring against the freedoms of mankind for some obscure reason, maybe for power and control? Although they already seem to have that. Would you accept that they may want people to have the vaccine so the nhs does not get overwhelmed and to avoid the economy once again shutting down? I have assumed a conspiracy theory as all other arguments makes even less sense.

M

Member496333

@Fenn I made my choice and gave my reasons. I was also very clear that others are free to make their own, so let’s leave it at that. My benevolent government also tells me to base my diet on carbohydrate in order to treat type 2 diabetes but, thankfully, I didn’t accept that advice either.

Reactions: Lainie71

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fenn I made my choice and gave my reasons. I was also very clear that others are free to make their own, so let’s leave it at that. My benevolent government also tells me to base my diet on carbohydrate in order to treat type 2 diabetes but, thankfully, I didn’t accept that advice either.
Ok, you don’t want to talk about it, gotcha.

Reactions: zand
M

Member496333

Ok, you don’t want to talk about it, gotcha.

Happy to talk about it. I already answered the question and gave my reasoning. You are free to disagree but I’m not really interested in being moderated for ‘bickering’. The cult of covid has a propensity to shut down all conversation it finds uncomfortable. My views here will only be further mocked so there’s no benefit in discussing it further.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a side effect of Covid that isn't talked about much. My taste buds changed. I don't mean a total lack of taste and smell. What has happened to me is that 18 months on I still have to force myself to eat protein. I don't enjoy it at all and whilst I didn't enjoy meat much pre covid, I hate it now.

This is a big issue to me as a low carber.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everybody. this is the gavel being brought down on the block..

Regarding the topic. yer either up for the jab, or yer not..

Thanx in advance.. :)

Reactions: Antje77

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So what are you going to do wait thirty years then when the data is available decide wether the risks are acceptable remember with all new vaccines you are going to have the same problem long term data is collected over time.
I'll certainly be waiting for a year or two.. by which time the nonsense will probably be over anyway.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am currently reading Vaxxers.
It is an interesting read, explains the risks and, I expect, it will become a project management case study for years to come.
Whilst is is written by two scientists involved in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, much of the explanation is valid for the others.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Data in Singapore shows that you’re less likely to kick the bucket if you’re vaccinated. Though it’s a bit disappointing that it doesn’t prevent transmission.

I’ll be getting my booster shot sometime next month.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In my part of the world, NE Fife, for the first 16 months I knew of one person who got Covid. In the last two months it seems like I hear of someone I know of getting the virus, most of them in a pretty poor state for sometime.

I'll be 64 in some days soon..... and if someone offers me a booster, I will be there.

I think everyone will get the virus in some form sooner or later.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Data in Singapore shows that you’re less likely to kick the bucket if you’re vaccinated. Though it’s a bit disappointing that it doesn’t prevent transmission.

I’ll be getting my booster shot sometime next month.

Not just in Singapore. We only have to watch the TV news, local and national, coming out of our NHS hospitals. Only a very small proportion of vaccinated people end up in intensive care with Covid. The vast, vast majority are the unvaccinated.

smcc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a 79 year old retired GP I had no doubts at all about being vaccinated and was looking forward to having my annual flu vaccine and Covid booster yesterday. At the weekend I carried out a lateral flow test prior to visiting my wife in her care home and a follow-up PCR test confirmed infection.
I have head typical head cold symptoms for 4 or 5 days before testing and these persist. I have no other symptoms and feel well. I suspect that if I had followed Jim Lahey's advice I would now be feeling very ill.

Last edited: