1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Are you going to get vaccinated?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by WasntMe, May 28, 2021.

1. Fenn

Fenn Type 1.5 · Well-Known Member

Yes there is, cavemen where carnivores, life expectancy 35

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Member496333

Member496333 · Guest

Am I bribing you into becoming a carnivore?

3. Member496333

Member496333 · Guest

That’s why the clinical trials normally take 5-10 years not 3 months. In the meantime I’m going to use my immune system. As I say, others are free to make their own choices.

4. Fenn

Who’s bribing you? I would have waited if I knew that

5. Member496333

Member496333 · Guest

The government is pressuring everyone into taking the injection under public and media peer pressure. They are also threatening jobs and peoples’ ability to partake in society if they don’t submit. In other parts of the world they are being offered free burgers and ice cream.

6. Fenn

If I accept the possibility that the government are conspiring against the freedoms of mankind for some obscure reason, maybe for power and control? Although they already seem to have that. Would you accept that they may want people to have the vaccine so the nhs does not get overwhelmed and to avoid the economy once again shutting down? I have assumed a conspiracy theory as all other arguments makes even less sense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Member496333

Member496333 · Guest

@Fenn I made my choice and gave my reasons. I was also very clear that others are free to make their own, so let’s leave it at that. My benevolent government also tells me to base my diet on carbohydrate in order to treat type 2 diabetes but, thankfully, I didn’t accept that advice either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Fenn

Ok, you don’t want to talk about it, gotcha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Member496333

Member496333 · Guest

Happy to talk about it. I already answered the question and gave my reasoning. You are free to disagree but I’m not really interested in being moderated for ‘bickering’. The cult of covid has a propensity to shut down all conversation it finds uncomfortable. My views here will only be further mocked so there’s no benefit in discussing it further.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

There is a side effect of Covid that isn't talked about much. My taste buds changed. I don't mean a total lack of taste and smell. What has happened to me is that 18 months on I still have to force myself to eat protein. I don't enjoy it at all and whilst I didn't enjoy meat much pre covid, I hate it now.

This is a big issue to me as a low carber.

• Hug Hug x 6
  11. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi everybody. this is the gavel being brought down on the block..

Regarding the topic. yer either up for the jab, or yer not..

Thanx in advance.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I'll certainly be waiting for a year or two.. by which time the nonsense will probably be over anyway.

13. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

In other words vaccinated people are dying at the normal regular rate, so not abnormally from the vaccine. Is this the point you intended makng?

• Like Like x 1
  14. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Not really as I"m sure you are aware.

15. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am currently reading Vaxxers.
    It is an interesting read, explains the risks and, I expect, it will become a project management case study for years to come.
    Whilst is is written by two scientists involved in the Astra Zeneca vaccine, much of the explanation is valid for the others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Data in Singapore shows that you’re less likely to kick the bucket if you’re vaccinated. Though it’s a bit disappointing that it doesn’t prevent transmission.

I’ll be getting my booster shot sometime next month.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is still being discussed here in Australia whether it's needed or not, I will get the AZ vax one when they become available.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

In my part of the world, NE Fife, for the first 16 months I knew of one person who got Covid. In the last two months it seems like I hear of someone I know of getting the virus, most of them in a pretty poor state for sometime.

I'll be 64 in some days soon..... and if someone offers me a booster, I will be there.

I think everyone will get the virus in some form sooner or later.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #78 hankjam, Sep 26, 2021 at 9:18 AM
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  19. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

Not just in Singapore. We only have to watch the TV news, local and national, coming out of our NHS hospitals. Only a very small proportion of vaccinated people end up in intensive care with Covid. The vast, vast majority are the unvaccinated.

• Agree Agree x 7
  20. smcc

smcc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

As a 79 year old retired GP I had no doubts at all about being vaccinated and was looking forward to having my annual flu vaccine and Covid booster yesterday. At the weekend I carried out a lateral flow test prior to visiting my wife in her care home and a follow-up PCR test confirmed infection.
    I have head typical head cold symptoms for 4 or 5 days before testing and these persist. I have no other symptoms and feel well. I suspect that if I had followed Jim Lahey's advice I would now be feeling very ill.

• Hug Hug x 10
    #80 smcc, Oct 26, 2021 at 11:32 AM
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook