Are you going to get vaccinated?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get my booster a week on Sunday - I can't say I am looking forward to it as after I had both Astra Zenca vaccines I did not feel well later at night and the following day, I actually had exactly the same symptons I had with the vaccines the day after as I had on the 1st day of having covid - so weird I knew I had covid before testing positive as I felt exactly the same as I did after having the vaccines (shivers, temperature, feeling dizzy and feeling/being sick). My son had the moderna and felt worse (he couldn't get out of his bed until 7pm the following day after having it) than he did when he had covid - I don't know if it is a genetic thing as I have heard of sisters & brothers etc having the same reaction as each other. I will still be going for it and hope to be bullet proof after having covid and having a definite reaction to the vaccines, that's just us, on the other hand I know people who have had no reaction at all. I had my flu jag a couple of weeks ago and had no reaction at all. It is strange some people react and some don't I wonder why too

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never got a card after I had both AZ vax shots, the Nurse Navigator who is helping me with my health problems has a card she can keep in her wallet.

Some of the Blue Care nurses that do my dreesings have cards others do not. I think it; because we all went to different medical practices and the covid governmenr vaz stations.

I have a digital covid 19 certificate showing both jabs in my Medicare app on my phone, which is also in my Google Wallet, if any one needs to see it.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First AZ very poorly. Didn’t read the symptoms leaflet til I was better and managed to tick off the first 7. Second jab wouldn’t have known I’d had it. Booster Pfizer, sore arm and dreadful diarrhoea, which is still present a week later. On reading sheet yesterday lo and behold a symptom!
Card given on all occasions and am in England.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I’ve had the booster but after the reaction I had I won’t be having another if they are a yearly thing. I don’t have the flu jab, never had and never will!

Reactions: Tribal61

Higaomo

I had Moderna as a booster and had a painful arm with a lump at the injection site for two days, followed by extreme tiredness and feeling lightheaded that put me in bed for two days.

No side effects from previous two Pfizer jabs
No side effects from Flu jab

My daughter (pregnant) had Moderna for her first two jabs with no side effects.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
24 hours after my Pfizer booster and all I have is a slightly sire are and feeling a bit tired. Having had covid and long covid, I am happy to keep getting boosters for as long as it takes.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the main difference in these jabs is the 3rd jab for the immune suppressed is a full dose whereas the booster is a half dose.

I asked about this when I had my booster and was told emphatically by the GP giving the jab that they are full doses, no matter if you are immune suppressed or not. This was the Pfizer. Previous 2 were the Astra Zeneca. I believe the Moderna booster is a half dose for some reason. As I said previously, no side effects on any of the jabs. Also, I was given a card after the booster and I am in England.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked about this when I had my booster and was told emphatically by the GP giving the jab that they are full doses, no matter if you are immune suppressed or not. This was the Pfizer. Previous 2 were the Astra Zeneca. I believe the Moderna booster is a half dose for some reason. As I said previously, no side effects on any of the jabs. Also, I was given a card after the booster and I am in England.
My booster was a full size dose of Pfizer. I asked.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

you are right, I was mistaken and seem to have confused the moderna and Pfizer information. Thanks for pointing it out. I’ve deleted my post so as not to mislead people.