"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 So ... I have got just under 800 points I think - how does it work? - do I have to wait until I have 1000 points and would that let me have £1/£10 discount or what discount? xx
Hiya you can claim 1 pound off for each 100 points - you should be able to claim a discount code when you cash your brownie points on so you should have 7 quid from 700 points
Where we shop for our stuff we get what is called a reward point, one point for every $1.00 spent then you get $20.00 for 2000 points. There are always extra points available if you spend a certain amount of money in a single shop, or buy certain products an example was the the coffee we drink they gave 400 poinst on that we ended up with more coffee in the cupboard that in the shop. :D

So far we have $180.00 in reward points saved for xmas shopping at the store, which allows for a cheaper food bill at that time of year.

Edit: Clarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to sign into your account and then click on the star - which will take you to your brownie bank it will show you your options to claim and then send you a code to redeem. If you can’t get in message the team at DGF and ask them for help. I find the star to get into my brownie bank only appears on my phone not my tablet! It’s a bit fiddly but once you’ve done it and know what to do it’s fine.
I tend to redeem just before I make an order but think would be valid until used I’d guess
Thanks for that - I have just double checked my account spending and I think I am due around 2,400 points so I have e-mailed him and waiting on him coming back to me xx

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that - I have just double checked my account spending and I think I am due around 2,400 points so I have e-mailed him and waiting on him coming back to me xx
Good luck notice they are doing a crumble box on its own tonight from 7pm guess they will be popular! Hope you get it sorted.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck notice they are doing a crumble box on its own tonight from 7pm guess they will be popular! Hope you get it sorted.
Hey now that does sound good but I will be at work at 7pm tonight so they will probably all be gone by the time I get home after 11.30pm - the 7pm launch is good and exciting but not for me!:banghead:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone need an idea for a low carb halloween?

243947213_10226131997466750_600372356521574370_n.jpg

Reactions: SlimLizzy and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where we shop for our stuff we get what is called a reward point, one point for every $1.00 spent then you get $20.00 for 2000 points. There are always extra points available if you spend a certain amount of money in a single shop, or buy certain products an example was the the coffee we drink they gave 400 poinst on that we ended up with more coffee in the cupboard that in the shop. :D

So far we have $180.00 in reward points saved for xmas shopping at the store, which allows for a cheaper food bill at that time of year.

Edit: Clarity.
I used to do that at Morrisons Supermarket here but they changed the reward scheme and you can't save points now. I still save my M&S vouchers (you'll notice a few of us talking about M&S on here).

Reactions: Mrs T 123

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't know about that. I often wondered where the brownie points were. I've just discovered I have 5,500 of them! Oh, @Mrs T 123 I've just ordered 2 boxes of the crumbles and they're still available.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't know about that. I often wondered where the brownie points were. I've just discovered I have 5,500 of them! Oh, @Mrs T 123 I've just ordered 2 boxes of the crumbles and they're still available.
Love the fact that tonight you get a box of free choc brownies with two boxes they are just going to send them with orders I saw on Instagram and Facebook DGF group so you should get them too. You should have fun too spending your points enjoy. For these free brownies you didn’t need to put code in or claim as far as I understand it.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to do that at Morrisons Supermarket here but they changed the reward scheme and you can't save points now. I still save my M&S vouchers (you'll notice a few of us talking about M&S on here).
My parents used to mention M and S and they said it stood for Marks and Sparks (Spencers) I think, Is that the same as Morrisons?

I have a old coat my dad bought in 1975 when they went back to the UK for a holiday, it was made in Korea.
He got it at Tesco cheap, it is still wearable, but the pockets have given up the ghost years ago. Still warm though I used to wear it to work in winter time here.

I just got it out of the clothes closet here's some pix.

GGs9JAC.jpg

GeQUSiw.jpg

Edit: Added some pix.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My parents used to mention M and S and they said it stood for Marks and Sparks (Spencers) I think, Is that the same as Morrisons?

I have a old coat my dad bought in 1975 when they went back to the UK for a holiday, it was made in Korea.
He got it at Tesco cheap, it is still wearable, but the pockets have given up the ghost years ago. Still warm though I used to wear it to work in winter time here.

I just got it out of the clothes closet here's some pix.

GGs9JAC.jpg

GeQUSiw.jpg

Edit: Added some pix.

Marks and Sparks is what my Dad used to call the shop that we knew as a good quality clothes shop with low prices. Back in the day they didn't sell food at all. They started as a market stall in London about 150 years ago. It's not the same firm as Morrisons (at least, not yet, but who knows with take-overs all the time). A few years ago M&S over-reached themselves, expanding into the Continental market but, they are still going strong, although they are now more expensive for clothes and not particularly suitable for the younger people, who tend to have money to spend. I think going into food has saved M&S's bacon.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know about you @maglil55 but I really miss the £5 vouchers I used to get at Morrisons once I had so many points - I used to save them up and use them against my christmas shop which could be a huge saving or just treat myself if I saw something I liked in their clothing range. Now they expect you to go online before you go shopping and activate your personal offers or use the app - I mean who has time to do that before they do their weekly shop - not me - it's hard enough to find time to do the weekly shop never mind going online for your offers before that!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Marks and Sparks is what my Dad used to call the shop that we knew as a good quality clothes shop with low prices. Back in the day they didn't sell food at all. They started as a market stall in London about 150 years ago. It's not the same firm as Morrisons (at least, not yet, but who knows with take-overs all the time). A few years ago M&S over-reached themselves, expanding into the Continental market but, they are still going strong, although they are now more expensive for clothes and not particularly suitable for the younger people, who tend to have money to spend. I think going into food has saved M&S's bacon.
I do like Marks & Spencers but like you say it is a tad expensive now (well for me it is) but it is good quality - I bought a winters coat out of there a couple of years ago (I spotted it, noticed they had loads so watched it come down in price online) and then I was one of the first there at my local store and got in the Boxing Day Sale. Their food is lovely too but again a bit pricey - I couldn't afford to shop there every week but occasionally do as a treat and if I am doing christmas dinner that is where I go for the turkey and I know it will turn out lovely!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 I enjoyed the guinea pig fact. We went on holiday with my granddaughters this year, 3 out of their 4 Gps have brown patches and we only had 1 rainy day!
See, it's true!
Here's the proof. It was a twitter message by the science section of the newspaper from Duckstad. Can't believe this isn't picked up yet by mainstream news channels, Duck-City scientists have known this for years, seeing as I read it in a magazine printed in 2012.
Are guinea pigs the cause of climate change?

244590307_10224410173476248_176529733550782724_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve had to plan next weeks meals carefully as I had a blood test following bad bruising from needles during my hospital stay over two weeks ago. It showed my iron level is low, caused by losing a fair bit of blood during the kidney stone saga, so iron tablets prescribed. Dinners this week will be liver tomorrow, seafood on Tuesday, curry Wednesday, eggs in some form Thursday, cold red meats and green salad Friday. Lots of green veggies, nuts and seeds. The recommended beans, dried fruits, fortified cereals and bread will not be used by me! :joyful:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My brother has to have more surgery to put some kind of a sleeve over his aorta, which has expanded to a concerning size. The surgery is not available to him on the NHS and to have it done privately will cost him £20,000. He's not making any decisions until he hears if he is free from cancer - in the next few weeks. If he is, he will pay up and get it done asap. If the cancer is still there, he'll save his money and leave it to his wife. Oddly, it was while the hospital was looking at his aorta that they found the problem with his kidney. What I don't quite get is, if they wouldn't do the surgery, why were they trying to identify the problem?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It showed my iron level is low, caused by losing a fair bit of blood during the kidney stone saga, so iron tablets prescribed.
No rusty red tap water for you then @Rachox. They have not offered me iron tablets, I must ask my new GP about them.

Here's a pix of a iron baggie showing the colour coming out of the pipe at the bottom.

Asset%2007a-Iron%20infusion%20bag%20resized.jpg

Reactions: Rachox and Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another medical puzzle. I saw my GP this afternoon and she confirms that there is definitely a lump but thinks it might well be a cyst of some sort (even though I am a bit old for that). I thought that might be it, as well - too smooth to be cancerous. Anyway she is sending me to Inverness, as expected, to the breast clinic for a biopsy to be taken. All as expected so far but then she said "We might as well send you, you're worth taking a bit of trouble over." Thing is - if I wasn't, would they even bother seeing what it is? And if I am - why and who is not worth taking the trouble? Strange days, these.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news. My brother has been told (unofficially) that his removed kidney biopsy had no trace of cancer. He has to wait for a further check by a lab in Bristol but his surgeon has told him the good news. Now he can concentrate on getting the surgery to support his aorta.