What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I had to go to the shops earlier.
I hadn't intended going out this morning.
But Popeye is not eating, not eaten for two days.
I know the end will come one day.

I went to the nearest place early, 8 am, to buy some bits and pieces of sliced meats which he might have eaten a bit of.

I can only try.

Prices have gone up something shocking.
I got odds and ends of different sliced meats, and found expensive cat food...
There was some hot cooked chicken. No price on them, but I thought it would be a treat for me as well. They are extra large birds the meat cooker said, that why they are £3 more...
Blinking heck (substitute different words of your choice for this), any smaller and they would have been the size of a quail...
So, I went to look for some tinned vegetables, but instead of tins they are in what now appear to be tetrapacks or some kind of cardboard. The expiry date was not very long, end of this year not a few years away as the tins are. Also I have visiting mice in winter who like to take a little nibble out of anything not glass or tins. Absolutely useless for me.
Finally, I saw some stuff in the salad bar, so got a container which called itself large, but I call it small, filled it with some salad stuff as a treat to go with the chicken. But the lid wouldn't click close. It wasn't full, I could have got more in it, but I didn't want any more.. So I checked another empty container to tip it in, but all the containers were faulty. The die cutter or whatever it is called that cuts these plastic containers had cut them at an angle where those concave and convex nipples that clip together, rendering them all useless, so the container did not shut. I called over an assistant and asked for a bit of tape. Assistant said I had put too much in the container. I said I had not because there was a large gap at top that was big enough to take some cheese or a couple of eggs. The assistant wouldn't have it. And said I had put too much in. So I picked an empty container and showed her the faulty cutting of the plastic rendering all that batch of containers useless. Assistant wouldn't have it.

At this point I would have put it down and left, but it looked as if I were being unreasonable for not being able to take my 'overfilled' (but it wasn't it was faulty and wouldn't shut) container as she put it.

I tried to explain agin, as simple as possible what was wrong with the container. Finally she grabbed it off me, took it to the counter, and tried to clip it shut. But it couldn't clip shut because it was a faulty batch. Realisation dawned and she turned round and apologised and apologised and apologised and apologised. And she wrapped it in clingfilm to keep it shut. And couldn't stop apologising. She even followed me as I walked away still apologising to me. She had made the instant decision in the first place that I was pulling a fast one to get her to tape an over filled container. And nothing I said or explained about the faulty container would she even listen to.

I do have my mobility Walker with me and I am limping badly by now, because of my hammer toe I bruised very badly yesterday with trying to get out before the drain men drove away. This encounter with this stupid assistant lady was at least 10 minutes. I didn't realise.

I am half thinking this hammer toe may be broken, because instead of that silly angle it was at before, it is now sort of straight as long as I keep it still. I don't know, but there are no doctors at my GP less surgery to see anyone to check if it is all right. So, before I went out this morning, I put sponge fabric round the hammer toe, and fixed it as a splint to my big toe which has rigor mortis (I know it is called hallux rigidus), but it is like the whole of me is now falling apart with stiff bits and pieces. That big toe is straight, doesn't bend any more, hasn't for years. My rheumatoid arthritis or something. That is what rheumatologist told me. So, I think they are hardly likely to do much to this hammer toe if it is broken. Masking tape held both toes together as in a 'natural' splint.

I came home and was shattered...I gave Popeye some of the so called extra large hot chicken. He ate it and took himself offf to the potting shed, and I went out like a light. My cup of tea is now stone cold a few hours later.

I will go out and check on Popeye and then make another cuppa, and do my creative whatever...if I don't fall asleep again first...

It was worth going out because Popeye ate, but the cost of what I got meant that a couple of notes in my purse wouldn't pay for the shopping, and so I had to get my card out....
Have you a hug for all your difficulties, but really feel that's not enough. You show such strength of character in everything you do. Am in awe of you.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
5.5 this morning. Just finishing coffee then off to classes in Norwich.

Have just discovered that if you chop up avocado and hard boiled egg it is delicious. I don't like hard boiled eggs normally but they are lovely with avocado.
I like avocado chopped up with feta, or mozzarella, small amount of tomato and fresh basil, if available.
Basil being the new superfood that helps to prevent dementia....ofc it was first included for flavour.
@Krystyna23040 Have you tried mixing boiled eggs with anchovies?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me
FB_IMG_1544812987949.jpg

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6,7

Popeye has eaten a little chicken this morning, but refused the roast beef. So it looks like my breakfast will be fried egg/s on roast beef...
No, hang on, I had a bag of pork scratchings earlier. Popeye always shares my bag of pork scratchings, but alas not today. So I had the whole bag to myself with a mug of tea and a mug of coffee.
So, the beef will be my lunch. I am saving the just above quail sized 'extra large' chicken for Popeye.
Popeye lay on my chest, under my chin, last night purring non stop all night...he didn't stop.
However, the purrs have now stopped :( since I opened up my iPad to do this creative sunflower photo in Gloomlogue.

I used the last photo I took of the sunflower, and put it through one of Gloomlogue's effects. It was a magnifying circle effect. I put it through several times, altered the position and magnification, and came up with this 'eye'!

That is my creativeness for today.

C4925967-32BF-46F4-9F87-7BA10749D3E2.jpeg

Now I feel like a power nap. I have been awake since 4:30 am...
Always time for a nap. Blue skies outside, so I want to sit in the garden in a bit...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel ‘where the Heck are those sausages’ came in at 5.9 this am

Youngest son returned home yesterday morning and in no time at all, had the new beds up for the ninky nonks who were gushingly telling me all about it during our early evening catch up. Results all round. Mrs Miggins has taken the girl in the bubble over to our little house on the prairie. The will be back some time this afternoon. A parcel arrived from France with some rice paper that my mother had found in a drawer along with a couple of cards depicting Chinese art. I think that one of them is by Lin Fengmian @gennepher, looking at the leaves and birds. I might have a go at it.
Mr Pickle’s team lost yesterday in County Soccer. At 11, the disappointment of losing seems hard to shake off. He is playing in his league team, Northallerton, today so hope I that he has a better day of it.
Art bit - a boat in a bitter storm. I hope that you all have a pleasant valley Sunday. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-10-10_8-9-7.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. I'll tell you what I want to post by the end of this post. So, Swipey's make believe effort first up was 5.8 since when it was obviously deeply affected by us watching reach for the sky recently. Odd really as the week with Stabbington was far more Terra Firma based. This (last 3+ months) is starting to look as though Elsie and Swipey are lifestyle statements more than anything to do with health or wellbeing. Period of deep reflection incoming because there are other avenues to hiss away my money. I hope y'all find deep, deep joyloads in the day. I'mma swilling Assam, watching rugger and NFL and generally checking me whale bone stays. Laters crew.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6,7

Popeye has eaten a little chicken this morning, but refused the roast beef. So it looks like my breakfast will be fried egg/s on roast beef...
No, hang on, I had a bag of pork scratchings earlier. Popeye always shares my bag of pork scratchings, but alas not today. So I had the whole bag to myself with a mug of tea and a mug of coffee.
So, the beef will be my lunch. I am saving the just above quail sized 'extra large' chicken for Popeye.
Popeye lay on my chest, under my chin, last night purring non stop all night...he didn't stop.
However, the purrs have now stopped :( since I opened up my iPad to do this creative sunflower photo in Gloomlogue.

I used the last photo I took of the sunflower, and put it through one of Gloomlogue's effects. It was a magnifying circle effect. I put it through several times, altered the position and magnification, and came up with this 'eye'!

That is my creativeness for today.

View attachment 51526

Now I feel like a power nap. I have been awake since 4:30 am...
Always time for a nap. Blue skies outside, so I want to sit in the garden in a bit...
Good to read that Popeye is taking some food. I like the effects in your ‘eye’ art - it has an organic, jewel like quality for me.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @mojo37
I agree. I would be too much of a disruptive influence in one...
I need my own freedom, my own space, and do things my way.

It is lovely to hear from you.
Take care.
Took me a while to think of the title but I think this would be you. For anyone interested here's a link. Can youtube be subtitled, Genn?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like avocado chopped up with feta, or mozzarella, small amount of tomato and fresh basil, if available.
Basil being the new superfood that helps to prevent dementia....ofc it was first included for flavour.
@Krystyna23040 Have you tried mixing boiled eggs with anchovies?
I haven't tried mixing boiled eggs with anchovies but will try it. The avocado with fetta or mozzarella sounds really good.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. We are trying to decide between Sheringham Park and Oxburgh Hall today. Met office say maybe a chance of rain at 10am at Sheringham Park but not at Oxburgh Hall but BBC weather says no rain at either location.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. We are trying to decide between Sheringham Park and Oxburgh Hall today. Met office say maybe a chance of rain at 10am at Sheringham Park but not at Oxburgh Hall but BBC weather says no rain at either location.
Think about it young lady. Which one has the best coffee and sausage rolls? I expect better of you with your predicted grades and you a House Captain:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another beautiful start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel ‘where the Heck are those sausages’ came in at 5.9 this am

Youngest son returned home yesterday morning and in no time at all, had the new beds up for the ninky nonks who were gushingly telling me all about it during our early evening catch up. Results all round. Mrs Miggins has taken the girl in the bubble over to our little house on the prairie. The will be back some time this afternoon. A parcel arrived from France with some rice paper that my mother had found in a drawer along with a couple of cards depicting Chinese art. I think that one of them is by Lin Fengmian @gennepher, looking at the leaves and birds. I might have a go at it.
Mr Pickle’s team lost yesterday in County Soccer. At 11, the disappointment of losing seems hard to shake off. He is playing in his league team, Northallerton, today so hope I that he has a better day of it.
Art bit - a boat in a bitter storm. I hope that you all have a pleasant valley Sunday. Time for koffy.

View attachment 51527
I look forward to the Lin Fengmian art @dunelm

Great bitter storm, Tumultuous...

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to read that Popeye is taking some food. I like the effects in your ‘eye’ art - it has an organic, jewel like quality for me.
Thanks @dunelm
He is still asleep on my lap. He generally chills out and relaxes when I have a sleep. I just had an hour very deep sleep...and he looks the better for it!

Thank you. I was pleased the way that 'eye' turned out.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who work at the BBC’s work of fantasy and science fiction department, known to all as the weather forecast,
Today a mid range, well slightly off mid range 5.6 on that scheming meter of deception.

Sorry to inform you all that the frequency of my postings will be slightly irregular for the next week or so, that should bring a smile to a few faces.
Now unfortunately me and me’s must log out and start my day with medication and koffy.
Have a great, day hoard cucumbers and sprouts before the panic buyers discover there will not be a national shortage of them, but me and me’s are sceptical about the sprouts.
Stay well, stay safe and stay apart….

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Took me a while to think of the title but I think this would be you. For anyone interested here's a link. Can youtube be subtitled, Genn?
Yes @ianpspurs
It would be me...perfect...

I haven't heard of that film before...

I can watch it on my Pixel phone (but cannot do this on the iPad, no facility to do it) which has an app called LiveTranscribe. Got that up and running just now with Live Transcribe.
I couldn't do without my pixel phone!
I will take a break this afternoon, and watch.
Thanks very much!:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who work at the BBC’s work of fantasy and science fiction department, known to all as the weather forecast,
Today a mid range, well slightly off mid range 5.6 on that scheming meter of deception.

Sorry to inform you all that the frequency of my postings will be slightly irregular for the next week or so, that should bring a smile to a few faces.
Now unfortunately me and me’s must log out and start my day with medication and koffy.
Have a great, day hoard cucumbers and sprouts before the panic buyers discover there will not be a national shortage of them, but me and me’s are sceptical about the sprouts.
Stay well, stay safe and stay apart….
Have fun @alf_Josiah wherever you will be!