Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
100% Time in range for 4 days in a row, No major DP and no major FOTF. How much easier it is when my BG levels decide to behave themselves.

And now that I said something ........................:banghead::banghead::banghead::)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
5 days at 100% TIR, but lol .............we are probably snorkeling today.

Perfect world, I'll eat something small later this morning and have no out of control FOTF increase, I'll snorkel and because I timed eating perfectly my liver will not try to help fuel my swimming and I go astronomically high from it. Then I'll reduce my basal perfectly some time this evening by the perfect amount and not go too low when I sleep!

Sounds like too many perfects lol to work!

Right now I'm dealing with a small FOTF increase, working on bringing that down before I even attempt eating. Looks like it stopped at 7.3 and I just need the extra insulin to kick in that I took. Then prebolus to eat something and cross my fingers!
One step at a time!

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1633508809648.jpg

Reactions: Trevor vP

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting morning at swimming. Man in the same lane wearing a sensor. Interestingly he doesn’t need to cover for swimming, however it won’t stay on during cycling due to sweat. Wish I didn’t need to over for my swim, but it wouldn’t last 5 mins. Anyway, first person I’ve seen in our pool wearing one. Whoop!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, thank goodness Karen's back!

@becca59 it's always exciting to meet another one of us in the wild

Very busy here with a lot of social stuff - meeting friends passing by to go on holiday, seeing other friends locally, and off to see family for the weekend tomorrow - and still working on my front garden to simplify it. Also some volunteering in my local wood, so I've read but not written anything on here for a bit and won't for the next few days either. Had a seriously rubbish Libre 2; at its worst it read 4 higher than my meter, so no reliable alarms and certainly couldn't trust it for dosing. Anyway, Abbott are replacing it without question though it did make me realise how dependent I've become on Libre. Even though I think I'm unlucky because I have to work hard to make them stick on to me, it does mean I can just pull one off after the shortest length of time with no problem :smug:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, thank goodness Karen's back!

@becca59 it's always exciting to meet another one of us in the wild

Very busy here with a lot of social stuff - meeting friends passing by to go on holiday, seeing other friends locally, and off to see family for the weekend tomorrow - and still working on my front garden to simplify it. Also some volunteering in my local wood, so I've read but not written anything on here for a bit and won't for the next few days either. Had a seriously rubbish Libre 2; at its worst it read 4 higher than my meter, so no reliable alarms and certainly couldn't trust it for dosing. Anyway, Abbott are replacing it without question though it did make me realise how dependent I've become on Libre. Even though I think I'm unlucky because I have to work hard to make them stick on to me, it does mean I can just pull one off after the shortest length of time with no problem :smug:
thanks hh1 x

Reactions: Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today we are having our grandson again (was here Tuesday) Reception shut due to Covid. Homeschooling first then a day out to Lotherton Hall. Animals, play area, muddy woods and a picnic, what’s not to like. Such a shame he is already out of school having just started, but a bonus for us. Plus a throwback to my working life supporting phonics and maths in primary school.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well I had 6 days of 100% TIR!

For some reason the BG fairies were nice to me snorkeling! I had the slight FOTF increase that morning, took some insulin and got on my exercise bike. Then I prebolused and then ate. I dropped a little more than I wanted to to go snorkeling, probably because of the added insulin and getting on my bike lol............. so I ate 10 carbs and we left to go snorkeling. That made me 6.9 right before I got in! Which is really sort of perfect. I never went above 8.1 while swimming and when I got out I thought I was around 5.8, but it was a new Libre and I was really around 4.2. But I was fine so it worked out anyways. I stayed around 5.8 all evening.

So another 100% day and while snorkeling which is not that easy to do lol......................

Of course the night got me, I went to bed even keel and didn't reduce basal as much because I was staying so even keel. But somewhere in the wee morning I dropped and eventually woke up to being 3.3, so no 7 days in a row. But I'm happy anyways as snorkeling numbers were so successful. More of that please!!!!!!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been quite a week, colleagues in my former area tell me, though my week has actually been a very reasonable one despite the heavier workload as a result of high staff absences. One of my diabetes charges was off for most of it, and despite knowing what the main drama was, it did not really impact on my end of the campus at all apart from the entertainment value... (Sorry, I wish I could be less cryptic, but if I ever get to write my world of education memoirs in my older age, it's one for the books, and one of those chapters everyone will be convinced my over-active imagination has produced all by itself.)

I think my trusty main meter has just died... I replaced the batteries last week but it's still showing a battery dying sign and cutting out mid-countdown. I've sent it off to the supplies cupboard for a rest and pulled out the spare of that one.

I am definitely looking forwards to next weekend where there are no weddings/additional services to play for, no autumnal gardening clear-up chores to be done, and just a week away from half-term. I don't seem to have had a lazy weekend with nothing other than Sunday morning duties, since the start of term.

Last edited:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Karen and I sure hope to have a good day. The sun is shining after yesterday’s thick mist.
We have a rare bird on husbands local patch which he saw yesterday. We are going to do a walk which takes in a viewpoint of the twitchers. They are converging from up and down the country. It is a small bird with very big feet. A long toed stint. Husband very excited, me….well! I just get excited with good Libre results.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So remember when I said we have yellow outside and yellow inside, yellow outside and green inside, green outside and yellow inside, green outside and green inside, all lemons? Apparently it turns out we also have orange outside and yellow inside, also a lemon.....it looks like an orange and you would swear it's an orange, nope a lemon.

So it's Lemonade, not Orange Juice I'll be making!

Reactions: karen8967

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello good evening

I have a question

my daily carbs is

60 in the morning 45 in lunch and dinner times.

approx 150 carbs a day. Does this mean low carb or high?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So remember when I said we have yellow outside and yellow inside, yellow outside and green inside, green outside and yellow inside, green outside and green inside, all lemons? Apparently it turns out we also have orange outside and yellow inside, also a lemon.....it looks like an orange and you would swear it's an orange, nope a lemon.

So it's Lemonade, not Orange Juice I'll be making!

I'm an old Skool T1 who remembers test tube pee tests..? "Orange" always sold me a lemon... :D