What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the cafe will close for the winter at the end of October.
Great idea. I've frequently thought that a good idea but I have no cardigans to dribble soup down. Anyhow, Elsie's soup (well, virtually all her cold weather food - these are casserole recipes:arghh::arghh::arghh:, no, just pasta bakes without the filler) is a heinous offence against good taste.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.5

Creative work for today.

"The Revenge of the Starlings (but they sent the Ravens in...)"

This is in response to Popeye and I having to stay indoors for yet another sunny blue-skied day inside my bungalow. It was Sunday.

AH neighbour was screeching/grinding/drilling heavy machinery most of the day...so me and Popeye had to stay inside for the umpteenth beautiful sunny day. Potting shed is right besides all that horrendous noise, just a metre away. I can take my cochlear hearing processor off, but Popeye still has ears on...

When I move, I will NEVER live that close to a neighbour again. But, UK housing options are very limited in that respect. Just about every house is in immediate close proximity to another.

I don't have the funds to buy what I want and need. I am just a pensioner on a State Pension. But I never say never. I am a believer in the impossible. After all I managed to buy a house in the first place in impossible financial circumstances. All the naysayers around me were full of doom and gloom at that time when I went ahead with my house purchase. It was a long and difficult road for me finding the mortgage repayments as now a single mother of three.

I don't have any naysayers around me now. No doubt some might emerge out of the woodwork, if I attempt a difficult venture, but I never listen anyway...

In the meantime, the best I can do is this creation, and it was satisfying doing it. I did let out a few frustrated screams on AH neighbour, but no one would have heard me because of his noise (and Popeye was in the front room safely away from my noise). If you haven't seen it, you might have to look at yesterday's collage photo and words to understand what precipitated this artwork.

So, I give you..."The Revenge of the Starlings (but they sent the Ravens in...)"

View attachment 51632
Those two birds flying above the scene have the shape of Harriers.
When we went to N.Z. thirty years ago the N.Z. Harrier seemed nearly as common as Crows in the UK and fulfilled its carrion eating role.
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Salutary warning that being fully vaccinated means we are all still required to take care despite what BS BJ pumps out. Survived Vietnam but COVID got him:bigtears: Be careful folks.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Great idea. I've frequently thought that a good idea but I have no cardigans to dribble soup down. Anyhow, Elsie's soup (well, virtually all her cold weather food - these are casserole recipes:arghh::arghh::arghh:, no, just pasta bakes without the filler) is a heinous offence against good taste.
I know your type!
You have a solid bib turned up at the bottom to catch liquids with Ian in red capitals across the front! ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know your type!
You have a solid bib turned up at the bottom to catch liquids with Ian in red capitals across the front! ;)
Oops. Seems like I've either hit a raw nerve or someone has hacked my facebook portal.:)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of not very hungry cheese on FibreFlour bread toast came in at 5.4 this am

We tend to forget that cheese on toast is one of the wonders of the world - not exactly a cure all like the smell of bacon in the pan - but pretty good. Not that so called vegan ‘bacon’ though - try not to worry about it though, just keep taking the pills. When your daughter tells you that the girl in the bubble had been up most of the night, do you gloat when the very next night, she sleeps soundly and does not wake until 8. Plants have begun disappearing from the garden. Just the ones in pots. Must be Mrs Miggins practicing for her magic show, or something, but that is probably the best explantation.

Anther attempt at a willow tree - hope that your day is better than the last one, time for a koffy.

View attachment 51636
Colourful willow tree @dunelm
I prefer one you did before with longer twisted leaves.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings carb dodgers one and all. St Luke's day today on which the custom is to eat beef. Oddly English history extends beyond a fictitious Blitz Spirit and air brushed Churchill. Still, it served a purpose and we all lurve a ripping yarn, apparently. Swipey is terribly discombobulated so IDK what my fbg is - just one dot missing in this pointillist work, so pah. @gennepher even more in awe of your fighting spirit after that post. @dunelm sorry but my mind instantly jumped to wondering how many cricket bats all that willow might make? @Krystyna23040 wonderful news on the walk and refreshments being available but more on the sausage roll next time please.

Thank you @ianpspurs
You are kind with your compliments.
I still have loads to achieve yet...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.20am FBG 5.5
Watched my sister talking about her peacocks (she has over 200) on Titchmarshs Sunday morning programme. I can confirm that people look much larger on Tv than in real life.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.20am FBG 5.5
Watched my sister talking about her peacocks (she has over 200) on Titchmarshs Sunday morning programme. I can confirm that people look much larger on Tv than in real life.
200 peacocks - are they just for fun or is there some business involving peacocks. Side question - are ear plugs required.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a very quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight. It must have been something you said” entered the twilight zone that is the recycling bin - I do hope that these things can indeed be recycled, if only for the metal and the teeny weeny battery.

Hooray! Oh frabjous day, son moved out yesterday - into his home which, although not completely refurbished, is now in a fit state to move into. The monthly fuel and shopping bills will heave a sigh of relief - what do the phrases ‘net contributor’ and ‘carbon neutral’ actually mean? I have read that there may be a shortage of some utterly pointless products leading up to the festive season so any plans to visit your local garage on Christmas eve may need pushing forward a bit although if you have finished with all that working stuff then you can still hit the bright lights of any local high street and gaze in wonder through the windows of a variety of charity shops. Durning book sorting, I found out my copy of “A Christmas Carol” - I don’t know when it was printed, probably in the 1920’s. It has a blue cover with gold lettering and the same illustrations as the first edition by some bloke called John Leech. I like the first sentence; “Marley was dead: to begin with” - we will need it come December for a bit of ‘reading out loud’.

So, art bit - just for fun, is painting city scapes as interesting as painting The Tianzi mountains of China? Answers on a postcard. Meantime have a most wonderful day, I shall now make some koffy.

upload_2021-10-19_6-24-42.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Yesterday was a bit of a rollercoaster of a day.

I had the opticians in the morning. I had the OCT test, paid a tenner for that. We still do not have diabetic retinopathy tests in Wales. They have not resumed doing them since they stopped them because of Covid. So, I thought having the OCT test would be better than nothing.

I do not appreciate this opticians sense of humour/the way he put information over. Right, here's the bad news he says. You have cataracts forming here, and you will need an operation. A long pause. But, the good news he says, is you won't need the operation for many many years (I am thinking I will probably be dead by then so this won't be a concern to me). Now here is more bad news. You have had a hemorrhage in your left eye. That's a stroke, he said. But the good news, he says, is that it happened a few weeks ago and it is healing. In a couple of weeks you wouldn't know it was even there. If this appointment had been a couple of weeks later, I wouldn't have been able to see it, he said.

He did all the other stuff they do, and pronounced my eyes were in very good condition, my eyesight was good, he was very pleased with it.

Apparently the haemorrhage in the eye can be caused by me lifting something heavy, or stress. And it can be accompanied with blurred vision. But I didn't have that.

I decided, most likely it was stress. AH neighbour, and also Popeye. Oh, and also Mr Insensitive neighbour (of the Xmas strobe flashing lights) who blocked our shared drains a couple of weeks ago.

The water board were waiting for me when I got back. They wanted permission to shove a camera up my drains. I said okay. After inspection the guy said there was no problem for me, and he had finished. But some time later I noticed their big van was still outside my house and their small van was blocking the neighbour's driveway on the side nearest me, so I went out. He came out of the big van. It's all okay for you, he said, the Waterboard's paperwork I have to do takes far longer than the job. You can go back in, don't worry if you see the van here for a bit, you have nothing to worry about for the drains on your property.

The Mr Insensitive (Xmas flashing Lights, drain blocker neighbour) was not in his bungalow. Neither car was there.

I went back inside and went to bed. I was tired after the optician's appointment. I woke up a couple of hours or so later. The Waterboard's vans were still outside. No sign of Mr Insensitive neighbour's cars yet.

I had some shopping still in my car (fortunately not fridge stuff), so, I wasn't going to get it until the waterboard had gone. I didn't want to walk into something developing if Mr Insensitive returned home.

So creative this morning is the eye and optician's, and the eye camera in drains...my take on it.

Have an interesting day. I intend to relax and chill out. It is pouring with rain. It was yesterday, and still the heavy machinery noises from AH neighbour's garage. It is not the sound of your normal household DIY machinery, but of heavy more industrial stuff, and it goes on almost non stop for a good few hours every day. I am now beginning to question who is using that machinery and for what purpose. A man in his mid 70's surely doesn't have the energy and stamina to operate this industrial sounding machinery for the long periods it is being used for.

Sorry, I seem to have written a long post (book) again. It was meant to be a short one!

EB2983CF-2053-420B-84EF-7D3AE5FBB3EC.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a very quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “Oh I, I just died in your arms tonight. It must have been something you said” entered the twilight zone that is the recycling bin - I do hope that these things can indeed be recycled, if only for the metal and the teeny weeny battery.

Hooray! Oh frabjous day, son moved out yesterday - into his home which, although not completely refurbished, is now in a fit state to move into. The monthly fuel and shopping bills will heave a sigh of relief - what do the phrases ‘net contributor’ and ‘carbon neutral’ actually mean? I have read that there may be a shortage of some utterly pointless products leading up to the festive season so any plans to visit your local garage on Christmas eve may need pushing forward a bit although if you have finished with all that working stuff then you can still hit the bright lights of any local high street and gaze in wonder through the windows of a variety of charity shops. Durning book sorting, I found out my copy of “A Christmas Carol” - I don’t know when it was printed, probably in the 1920’s. It has a blue cover with gold lettering and the same illustrations as the first edition by some bloke called John Leech. I like the first sentence; “Marley was dead: to begin with” - we will need it come December for a bit of ‘reading out loud’.

So, art bit - just for fun, is painting city scapes as interesting as painting The Tianzi mountains of China? Answers on a postcard. Meantime have a most wonderful day, I shall now make some koffy.

View attachment 51642
I absolutely love cityscapes @dunelm

It is not something I normally do, but I have made some gel prints of cityscapes, and I throughly enjoyed doing them.

Looks suspiciously like the Gherkin in the middle of that...

Yes, cityscapes are as interesting and intriguing as paintings of The Tianzi Mountains of China!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. It was lovely to have a 2 hour break yesterday. I bought a lovely Regatta fleece (30% off) in the garden centre shop. Mr K asked me if I really needed another fleece - but this one was really unusual so of course I had to buy and it was a good price.

Perhaps what I really need is another wardrobe.

Reactions: Jak13 and karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. It was lovely to have a 2 hour break yesterday. I bought a lovely Regatta fleece (30% off) in the garden centre shop. Mr K asked me if I really needed another fleece - but this one was really unusual so of course I had to buy and it was a good price.

Perhaps what I really need is another wardrobe.
Of course you had to buy that fleece @Krystyna23040

Another wardrobe would be good too...