What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hope that all is well (apart from the appalling food choices) - you should be able to eat eggs, fish, chicken breast (skinless) and dairy, surely? Anyhow, hope the fast track comes up with a good outcome. No beetroot juice then?
Thank you@dunelm. Yes I can have white fish, eggs and small amounts of chicken for today and tomorrow but nothing on Sunday after breakfast. Nothing with milk and nothing red as you say. I only listed the many carbohydrates recommended. You sound very knowledgeable. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How could anyone resist a piece starting like this?
edifying week in the government of Britain, a country run by the third prize in a competition to build Winston Churchill out of marshmallows. :hilarious:
The Hydester does use some NSFW words so please don't follow the link if likely to be offended but is spot on about the current administration. Brilliant on JRM: It is in today's Guardian by Marina Hyde

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Went to see my barber today.
He now works from home and has done for some years, we have known each other for the best part of 50 years, he is disabled but struggles manfully and tries to keep cheerful.
After my haircut I sat in another chair and we chatted about life, he's a great fan of Elvis and John Wayne and even went on one occasion at least to Graceland, he likes the States as do I for different reasons and we both remember Elvis well before he ruined his health and was exploited, a replica Big John rifle adorns his wall.

He has serious health problems so we just try to encourage each other.
I must have my hair cut a bit more to help cheer him up....and me as well!:)
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Eldest just text the better half, she is putting off the weekly zoom call till sunday, she and s.i.l. are going to a climate protest with their Liverpool City church tomorrow.

She is just a bit too senior to be protesting, but she loves being with young people and feels strongly about the cause.
I hope she is not thinking of using glue on the road body interface!
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a distinctly dark and quiet early start here in the dark and dangerous north. Have we all survived the debacle cunningly disguised as bonfire night?
The wonder wheel of “why have you woken the bear at 0430” was buzzing about at 5.8 at that time

Met up with daughter, SIL and the girl in the bubble for a late breakfast. How does such a tiny person devour so much toast? No butter - just the toast thank you very much. Mrs Miggins picked up her new car yesterday without drama. It sits, gleaming it’s little heart out, on the drive for all the neighbours to have have a good curtain twitch. I have drawn the afternoon shift (1 til 4.30pm) at the hospital today. Only 950 booster jabs to get through so I hope that the morning shift got through most of them. We are expecting up to 40 patients every 15 minutes but they never seem to stick to their allotted time slots. With eight people jabbing arms it all sounds like a plan - on paper anyhow.

Art bit - a sparse tree line and a splodge of colour. Have a marvellous day if you can. Time for an early koffy.

upload_2021-11-6_5-46-46.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a distinctly dark and quiet early start here in the dark and dangerous north. Have we all survived the debacle cunningly disguised as bonfire night?
The wonder wheel of “why have you woken the bear at 0430” was buzzing about at 5.8 at that time

Met up with daughter, SIL and the girl in the bubble for a late breakfast. How does such a tiny person devour so much toast? No butter - just the toast thank you very much. Mrs Miggins picked up her new car yesterday without drama. It sits, gleaming it’s little heart out, on the drive for all the neighbours to have have a good curtain twitch. I have drawn the afternoon shift (1 til 4.30pm) at the hospital today. Only 950 booster jabs to get through so I hope that the morning shift got through most of them. We are expecting up to 40 patients every 15 minutes but they never seem to stick to their allotted time slots. With eight people jabbing arms it all sounds like a plan - on paper anyhow.

Art bit - a sparse tree line and a splodge of colour. Have a marvellous day if you can. Time for an early koffy.

View attachment 51949
What bonfire night? I heard nothing @dunelm
Ah, having no sound processor might have had something to do with that...
So, I looked for the pretty stuff in the sky. Only saw one...disappointing...

Have a good afternoon shift.

Great arty bit.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Creative...
I fell asleep last night before I got my black pen on the paper...
Woke up this morning and it is all still set up in front of me. Obviously I cannot toss and turn in my sleep, and stay perfectly still all night!
So I used a different black pen.
Sprayed it with the water mister...
Hey presto...I like this...
So, no colour today.
Took photo of it.
It is still wet, so you can see the glistening water run on the left, because I had to prop it up to photograph...
This is a Berol black handwriting pen, and it gave out amazing purples to start with, and then as it dried, yellows began to emerge...

EDIT @8:48 just to explain a bit more about this creative...
My intention for this had been colour, a cornfield, a field of poppies and the skyline of trees. I might, at some paint a winding trail of red poppies from foreground to horizon, when I make this into a hand painted postcard...

2789D687-2393-4CEE-933D-D5BB26B4618D.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Who knows how or where this post will end up? My fbg may easily be just the same as the 5.2 Stabbo gave today in 2015. Thank you for the artwork @gennepher and @dunelm and thank you on behalf of the jabbees, Sir. Good to know my/our taste in cars, mid range SUVs, is endorsed by the inestimable Mrs Miggins. Talking of taste, my head is clearing from the trauma of 2019. I'm neither special nor elitist but a brief read of my posts would tell anyone certain environments were insane for me. A house in a close in a down at heal town where the main retailers are Sainsbury's, Wilkinson's and soon Heron foods was never going to work. Sheesh, even the obligatory coffee chain is Costa. Now MIL is here we need to be here but a compromise is needed ASAP. @lindisfel your daughter's concern does her proud- the apple didn't fall far from the tree there. I didn't mean to play down the need to sort climate change out yesterday. I think we need to solve the nervous breakdown 2008 caused which resulted in the disaster that was 2016 for UK and USA. Maybe tear down the idols of Ronnie, Thatch, Hayek, Freidman, old Chicago School and all, Some kind of myth slayer/gasligher prosecutor is needed to deal with the "New Right." Ok, so we ended up there huh?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Was 4.1 last night so was hoping for a reading in the 4s this morning.

Really busy day with classes today with no breaks for food until 6pm. Really bad planning - or actually no planning took place whatsoever. Thank goodness for whey protein powder - I can just add water and drink it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who knows how or where this post will end up? My fbg may easily be just the same as the 5.2 Stabbo gave today in 2015. Thank you for the artwork @gennepher and @dunelm and thank you on behalf of the jabbees, Sir. Good to know my/our taste in cars, mid range SUVs, is endorsed by the inestimable Mrs Miggins. Talking of taste, my head is clearing from the trauma of 2019. I'm neither special nor elitist but a brief read of my posts would tell anyone certain environments were insane for me. A house in a close in a down at heal town where the main retailers are Sainsbury's, Wilkinson's and soon Heron foods was never going to work. Sheesh, even the obligatory coffee chain is Costa. Now MIL is here we need to be here but a compromise is needed ASAP. @lindisfel your daughter's concern does her proud- the apple didn't fall far from the tree there. I didn't mean to play down the need to sort climate change out yesterday. I think we need to solve the nervous breakdown 2008 caused which resulted in the disaster that was 2016 for UK and USA. Maybe tear down the idols of Ronnie, Thatch, Hayek, Freidman, old Chicago School and all, Some kind of myth slayer/gasligher prosecutor is needed to deal with the "New Right." Ok, so we ended up there huh?
Thanks @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Creative...
Woke up this morning and it is all still set up in front of me. Obviously I cannot toss and turn in my sleep, and stay perfectly still all night!
So, no colour today.
Took photo of it.
It is still wet, so you can see the glistening water run on the left, because I had to prop it up to photograph...
This is a Berol black handwriting pen, and it gave out amazing purples to start with, and then as it dried, yellows began to emerge...

My intention for this had been colour, a cornfield, a field of poppies and the skyline of trees. I might, at some paint a winding trail of red poppies from foreground to horizon, when I make this into a hand painted postcard...

View attachment 51952
Smashing that, came out really well. A winding trail of red poppies sounds good.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, lots of crashes, bangs, whoosh and pretty lights in the sky last night, but then Tilehurst Towers is in an urban environment.

Blood sugars.
Yesterday 5.6
Today a Saturday 6.4
Here, down sarf we seem to have flocks of those raptors known as red kites, but yesterday during the day none were to be seen, most strange, because 2 neighbours feed them, what they feed them Me and me’s know not.
It seems according to the BBC’s work of doom, gloom and despondency booster jabs can now be booked earlier than the previously stated 6 months, good news for some. I wonder what the scientists know that has prompted this shift.
Have a great day, me and me’s have been looking at skateboards again, 3rd childhood is great.
Stay safe all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my looky here what I found. 3rd jab early is naff all to do with scientists IMHO, just to do with the Bunga Bunga vibe Clownshoe wants to gaslight us into believing. Here be the chune which should precede his every appearance. Anglicised, better known, more accurate version here - lyrics.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, lots of crashes, bangs, whoosh and pretty lights in the sky last night, but then Tilehurst Towers is in an urban environment.

Blood sugars.
Yesterday 5.6
Today a Saturday 6.4
Here, down sarf we seem to have flocks of those raptors known as red kites, but yesterday during the day none were to be seen, most strange, because 2 neighbours feed them, what they feed them Me and me’s know not.
It seems according to the BBC’s work of doom, gloom and despondency booster jabs can now be booked earlier than the previously stated 6 months, good news for some. I wonder what the scientists know that has prompted this shift.
Have a great day, me and me’s have been looking at skateboards again, 3rd childhood is great.
Stay safe all.
Hi Alf,
Absolutely amazing, there were very few in the country when I was young. Just birds in mid Wales in those days. Apparently before the haters of hooked beaks appeared in Elizabethan times...the first lizzy...they were lined up perched on the bridges of London waiting for carrion to appear.

The're a super bird but I prefer the old English word for the kite....the Glede.
D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Fbg 6.6

Creative...
So, no colour today.
Took photo of it.

View attachment 51952
I wish I could sleep like that Gennepher never been like that for years.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone under a pink tinged sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘I died on your arm last night - again!’, was torn off and thrown unceremoniously into the bin - do we recycle such items? Will it need sanitising to save the NHS? Will it need to be taken apart and placed in a number of recycling bins? Will I need to buy the all new carved wood from sustainable trees biodegradable Greta bin set for the task, such things carefully crafted by itinerant whittlers who’s only mode of transport is by foot because despite their firm grip on their must have new mobile phones are saving the planet by carving up trees to make the Greta bin. Oop! I digress.
Cheesy Hammy Eggy for lunch yesterday - It has been said in the Navy that such a delicacy is the food of the gods - depends if you are a layer of ham person or a chopped and mixed ham person - here be a recipe but substitute the white bread if you need, I use my own FibreFlour bread - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/medi...a=en-gb&hash=0E3198C529232ADA469D957A902FC944
Jabbergate went well yesterday and despite the wails of those who can’t possible wear a mask over both their mouths and their noses, I managed all day - it’s not a big deal, apart from the steamy windows effect reminiscent of those twits who, having to wear a respirator, refuse to rub spit on the inside of the lenses to prevent such fogging occurring.
Art bit - a foggy mountain scene - but only if you like. It’s Sunday I think, I shall drink koffy and ponder the intimacy of the aroma.

upload_2021-11-7_7-23-17.jpeg

Last edited: