Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my @Marie 2 that must have taken some setting up. Looks very jolly and Christmasy. I have to admit I’m a put up the week before and take down on 2nd January type of person. Though lots of people I know have decorated.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Luckily Christmas can be put up over a week or so, My husband does most of it now, my back inhibits me, I just help with placement and some odds and ends. He does a really great job. We've collected the items over years and he even re strands lights through several of them. Most of the Christmas "lights part" does not seem to want to last more than 3-5 years. Right after Halloween he pulls out the Christmas stuff, assembles what is needed and to see if it needs new lights etc

It is weird because I sold Christmas stuff for a while and when I switched jobs I didn't want to bother with decorating for a few years. Until I decided I really missed the outside decorations and our whole street was almost decorated. We were at our second house we lived in and it was 2 stories. My husband was anti doing it. So I decided to pay a couple that had started a decorating business and they would supply the lights and decorate the roof line, the top and bottom of the balcony, wrap a couple of trees, and .put lights through the hedges. It was beautiful. I did that for 2 years. So the next year I was going to call them again and my husband said he would do it. And there it started and we started adding to it. Our first add was the blue deer, which even sparked one year and that's when my husband learned to re strand lights into anything needed.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1638190415062.jpg

Reactions: Japes and RVW

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Told the vet "no, of course it's no problem to inject my goat".
Found out it was a lie upon unwrapping the needle!

Still, I did it, and will do so again tomorrow if he survives the night.

262976563_10224724620737233_8492230266173196817_n.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, hi Antje, haven't been around much lately but had to stop by and say hope your goat is doing okay, fingers crossed for you xx

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
how everything with your goat now?
I just came back from the vet with him. He wasn't reacting to anything really anymore, except a very slight reaction to pain when I injected him.
The vet and I agreed it didn't look like he would improve so she helped him die.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember I found a bird and I took him to the vet to help him

He gave me medication for him and after he had them, he died.