Covid19 help

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So my husband has Covid19 and he’s on day 5 he’s had headaches on and off since day one but this morning he says he’s got slight shortness of breath anyone else have this I am getting worried now as I suffer with anxiety

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
You should buy an oximeter to check his oxygen levels don't go below 94%. Shortness of breath could be because of low oxygen levels, but it could also be a stress reaction. I have an oximeter and had shortness of breath for 5 weeks with Covid, and it was reassuring to know it was just my body reacting to the virus and not my oxygen levels being dangerously low.

Reactions: jjraak

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just bought a oximeter his levels are 95% so far

Keep checking them, and use different fingers. I have one and find the levels change from finger to finger, and can move from 95% to 99% in no time, and that is without Covid or shortness of breath.

Reactions: jjraak

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just tested him again and on a different finger and it’s 98
He’s saying he can’t take a deep breath as it hurts

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Time to call 111 for some technical advice. If this is unsatisfactory I would consider A & E; you can't be too careful.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
@Mbaker is right here @Dippydolly. It's the best thing to do, rather than hesitating and him getting worse.
Please take the advise x

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep checking them, and use different fingers. I have one and find the levels change from finger to finger, and can move from 95% to 99% in no time, and that is without Covid or shortness of breath.
Have a high % and low heart rate and you should be good, mine is 97% and 65 HR taken on my middle finger on my right hand, when I tested mine just after I got out of bed and started to move about this morning.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So now my mum who’s 84 and lives with us has tested positive she just coughing a lot but now my anxiety is in overtime with worrying

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would phone 111 now for advice about your mum, in view of her age. I was 63 when I had the cough and it wore me out.