What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Was really hungry all day yesterday, so munched away. Came back from Sainsburys and downed half the treats. But hey ho. Resisted the temptation to organise a BYOB party in my back garden. No surprise that FBG is at 9.2 mmo/lt at 0615.

Leaflets today, out in morning sunshine (?). Want to get back for PMQs. Want to see the creepy shapeshifter grovel.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 for me
FB_IMG_1641921736890.jpg

Reactions: Jojo85

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Sat Nav was set for Swipey but detours due to mechanical issues with JKP meant I'll wait a day, or even two, longer. NFL post season starts this weekend. Detailed plans being made for the first few minutes of the game, hopes and dreams on the line. Opposition rarely roll over to have their tummy tickled there either. @True Blue hope the leafleting goes well. I liked creepy shapeshifter but liar is more succinct and whatever may appear here later not a media agenda. @karen8967 Is that for you or just generally inspirational? COVID still stalks the land (not a Meedja invention either) so stay vigilant or safely indoors.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Sat Nav was set for Swipey but detours due to mechanical issues with JKP meant I'll wait a day or even two longer. NFL post season starts this weekend. Detailed plans being made for the first few minutes of the game, hopes and dreams on the line. Opposition rarely roll over to have their tummy tickled there either. @True Blue hope the leafleting goes well. I liked creepy shapeshifter but liar is more succinct and whatever may appear here later not a media agenda. @karen8967 Is that for you or just generally inspirational? COVID still stalks the land (not Meedja invention either) so stay vigilant or safely indoors.
Just genral ian it just made me laugh x

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good cold Morening ladies and gentlemen.
5.5 on that meter this morning.

The media are on a feeding frenzy over some sort of party that was held in that office block known as 10 Downing St. Trivia compared the fact that a huge scientific breakthrough occurred the other day, a genetically modified pigs heart was transplanted into a human being. The recipient is doing well and me and me’s hope he continues to do well, but the implications of this go way beyond my understanding and I feel uncomfortable, do we really understand all the implications.
On that somber note, stay safe all.

Reactions: Jojo85

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for the fbg but hug for those two winter issues. Frosty here today, bin lids frozen tight at far too early O'clock. Take care.
Actually the dog walk was surprisingly lovely. Frosty underfoot and the sky a lovely hazy pink. I was really toasty as I wouldn't have looked out of place on an arctic expedition as I had so many warm clothes on.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another reflective and quiet day here in the dark and dangerous north
Mrs Miggins is already up and about. Second day in a row, what’s going on?
An error in identifying the day yesterday means that the gates are actually being fitted today. Still, BIL did quite a lot of work yesterday; cleaned up one part of the loft and laid new insulation before going into the garden with a wheelbarrow full of garden equipment to start on clearing out and levelling up. He looked so convincing. I, on the other hand, was involved in more technical stuff, ringing round and ordering a skip for the back end of next week and a sneaky look at multi fuel burners. Mrs Miggins is at the theatre tonight with her three sisters - not performing. That would be a disaster darling. So, more test kits and spanking new masks all round. Very theatre darlings.

A boat out on the water today. Hugs abound and my thoughts are with the not so well. Best get some koffy made.

upload_2022-1-12_8-54-19.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another reflective and quiet day here in the dark and dangerous north
An error in identifying the day yesterday means that the gates are actually being fitted today. Still, BIL did quite a lot of work yesterday; cleaned up one part of the loft and laid new insulation before going into the garden with a wheelbarrow full of garden equipment to start on clearing out and levelling up. He looked so convincing. I, on the other hand, was involved in more technical stuff, ringing round and ordering a skip for the back end of next week and a sneaky look at multi fuel burners. Mrs Miggins is at the theatre tonight with her three sisters - not performing. That would be a disaster darling. So, more test kits and spanking new masks all round. Very theatre darlings.

A boat out on the water today. Hugs abound and my thoughts are with the not so well. Best get some koffy made.

View attachment 52855
Thank you for the art and when did skips begin to be gold plated premium products?

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good cold Morening ladies and gentlemen.
5.5 on that meter this morning.

The media are on a feeding frenzy over some sort of party that was held in that office block known as 10 Downing St. Trivia compared the fact that a huge scientific breakthrough occurred the other day, a genetically modified pigs heart was transplanted into a human being. The recipient is doing well and me and me’s hope he continues to do well, but the implications of this go way beyond my understanding and I feel uncomfortable, do we really understand all the implications.
On that somber note, stay safe all.

Hugs for the thoughts and possible issues around the pig's heart transplant.
There is so much we don't understand @alf_Josiah
My cousin in the late 1990's had a heart transplant (obviously from a person), and his character changed to someone unpleasant. His wife found out who the person was, and that person had not been a nice person to know (mild version). I knew the earlier character of my cousin very well, and neither did I like the person he became.
There must be some essence we get from the 'giver' of the heart, for good or bad, and depending on our character in the first place could influence us in the future for good or bad.

Just my two penny worth.....

You take care Alf x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52855
These ink and spray are absolutely amazing @dunelm
I look forward each morning to seeing them.