1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, those are such polite terms, a nice way to start the day, worthy of a dictator who then follows with today my troops flatten your villages and kill all under the age 75. Language is such a powerful tool, I just wish me and me’s knew how to use it. I digress.

Today a 7.6 on that meter, hmmm 7.6, I do have a cold, not covid I have clear lft test in front of me as I type.

Talking of lft tests I have a warfarin and lft, liver function blood tests scheduled for later today all routine stuff. I’m not sure how the rest of today will run, but there must be a little fun to be had, the opportunity is never far away :) .
    Now it’s time for koffy and reporting the lft test.
    Stay safe all, may all your troubles be small ones and avoid the toxic media.
    Edit: nice vibrant colours @gennepher

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Expert

Hugs for the cold fella

Good on you for checking
    Nice it's negative..

Have a good un

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Pleased that you made it back to the UK, take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

No Swipey yet so no fbg to report. @SlimLizzy so glad you are back in the UK and I continue to pray for you and your family. @gennepher thank you for the art, I was ok on the where's Popeye. @Krystyna23040, phew. I knew you were some kind of Superwoman but felt 50 miles was ridiculous. @Mrs T 123 thanks and the same to anyone else I have yet to thank - @Krystyna23040 ?. Two other really good developments yesterday in family P so thanks be to God. @jjraak still praying for your release. My main meal will probably be mackerel salad again (I guess 180+/365) I "cheat" and use tinned in Xtra virgin olive oil. Salmon, whitebait, Monkfish, sashimi and prawns also work for me. After yesterday I'm a touch more convinced I can see out my time in Breckland and deal with the nonsense of hot Elsie. In both cases out of love for JKP , (a thoroughly unearned gift of God for me) not personal choice or pleasure. I couldn't have predicted COVID would impact the price of steel (long story) or make MIL prepared to move so we are here until God shows me where next. I could have predicted missing a log burner, wide open space all around me, farmers market with artisanal everything, starbucks, Waitrose etc but planned for the worst and wanted JKP near the boys when told it was cancer. As Mr Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. The phrase non invasive just does not register. I don't have to like the hot food or living here, just accept my duty to JKP and do it with as much love and good grace as possible. Slight problem - I'm not well known for that. Take care and probably don't send emails inviting people to a BYOB shindig just now.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    #51044 ianpspurs, Jan 11, 2022 at 8:29 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  5. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Thanks @alf_Josiah
    You enjoy that coffee...

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gennepher

Thanks for the painting compliment @ianpspurs

That Tyson quote sums up what was keeping me awake last night, until I came up with Plan D (already used up the other earlier plans, and now thinking outside the box...), and I have Plan E, F, and G on the sidelines....

Enjoy your day...

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. ianpspurs

Hope the tests have good outcomes and the cold abates asap. The meedja is a well known wonder cure for colds:D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Expert

Sure the food fairy may not get the true gist, but respect for planning and taking one for the team.

Sometimes we don't say *I love you * in ways our loved may want or dream of.

That is where 'actions' speak louder then words .

Cheers for good wishes.

Praying that freedom bus is starting up & revving it's engine somewhere for me today .

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. gennepher

Fingers crossed for you @jjraak

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. dunelm

Glad that recent results is giving you some peace. You can now invite all and sundry into the garden and set out a long table for crisps and sausage rolls. BYOB is dead on trend.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. dunelm

Best wishes for you today.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.0 this morning. Have discovered why the coffee is so bad at The Lookout at Holkham. They don't have a coffee machine because they are noisy and would scare the birds away.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. dunelm

Good morning everyone on another smasher of a day here in the dark and dangerous north. No northern lights like two nights ago but too much of a good thing ends up on your hips. Lots of goings on upstairs today, and outside also. Mrs Miggins is on a mission to splash paint about, BIL is coming round to lay some new insulation and bloke coming later today to fit new gates (due to cost of them they are being named Bill and Melinda). Still, they should look nice and last a long time. I remembered to take my little blue pills last night (no, not those ones) so no princess and the pea, rather a perfect performance for the advertisement of expensive mattresses. Stir fry last night - chicken and mainly broccoli- I always slice up the stem and add that with onions first. No idea for this evening, will need to delve into the freezer. Lots of chorizo lallygagging in the fridge. olé.

Some trees today and someone on horseback looking over at distant hills. Hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Best finish my koffy.

upload_2022-1-11_9-14-21.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ianpspurs

Winner for the fbg. The coffee story is right out of a No 10 press conference. There used to be wonderful van with a coffee machine on the beach at Cley. We sometimes took the last dogs there on a Sunday morning - all the way from St Ives - Cambs not the fake one:angelic:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #51054 ianpspurs, Jan 11, 2022 at 9:18 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  15. ianpspurs

Glad you slept well and thank you for the art. Sepia tinted nostalgia for Call my Bluff over lollygagging - Ask the family as well. Much more recent scar over gates - two very big farm gates hung on massive oak pillars and a lovely, dinky pedestrian one then a big Hawthorn hedge. I so enjoyed installing all those, leaning on the gates and just opening and closing them. Chorizo - mild - is fine for me so good ending.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. gennepher

This is wonderful @dunelm
    I love the work you do with the pens and spray...

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dunelm

Thanks very much @gennepher, I am quite enjoying doing them.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  18. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Expert

Always the right emoji ..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::headphone:

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

08.01 Sad day for all the family.
    Devastated.

• Hug Hug x 8
  20. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Expert

Hugs & words barely suffice ..
    Condolences.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook