What music are you listening to?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've started listening to some of my old collection through Dolby Atmos on Amazon Music.
Not every album has it & some are better than others but it can make you feel like you're in the middle of the room when the music is played if that makes any sense.
I have set up my phones / tablet so they can play these tracks.

I have blown out a old JBL Flip 4 speaker playing some heavy classical tracks that has put a bad rattle into the speaker..

Good excuse to get the OontZ Angle 3 (Cambridge Soundworks) speaker so it makes a matching stereo pair with the one I have already.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm listening to a couple of Billy Idol albums as I'm due to see him live in the summer, covid permitting :):):joyful:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought some cds in the good old HMV the other day.

I'm now off to 2 concerts in the Spring and Summer.

One is my old teenage crush in A-ha. I know in my loft I have the original tour programme and ticket for this 30th anniversary gig so might see if I can find it

And other in June is Billy Idol. So dancing round the lounge to roack and some pop. Burns the calories I guess. Just a pity hubby has to put up with my caterwauling

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
now you go up in my estimation as you dont pay them any royaties by illegally downloading. No money for Bono et al
Illegally downloading music gets ever more difficult but it's easy on a Linux system.
The way I see it is I bought the album in the 70's then later I bought the tape then later I bought the CD ... how many times do these people want paying for the same job?

Reactions: hankjam

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Illegally downloading music gets ever more difficult but it's easy on a Linux system.
It's still easy on a Windows OS.

Although I stopped downloading from the music usenet / newsgroups about ten years ago, I still get the annual birthday greeting from one of them that I was a member / customer of.

I am quite happy to stream high definition music from Amazon Prime Music for $10.00 a month.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At moment I'm listening to Amen by Amber Run.
Was watching 991-Lone Star the other day and it was part of the sound track

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

lately I’ve gotten into streaming stuff I haven’t heard in years that I had on tape & played on a Walkman at work back in the day.. 1980s.
These days I got my phone & a decent reasonably priced set of BT earbuds..

The beauty is I can also try new music.. or find recent releases from bands I lost track of..

like this epic with a far few influences…

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve gotten into streaming stuff I haven’t heard in years that I had on tape & played on a Walkman at work back in the day.. 1980s.

These days I got my phone & a decent reasonably priced set of BT earbuds..

The beauty is I can also try new music.. or find recent releases from bands I lost track of..
I have found a good selection of British colliery etc brass band music on Amazon Music as well.

One of my favourites, I first heard played by the Grimethorpe brass band was Adagio From Concierto De Aranjuez from the movie Brassed Off.

Reactions: Ymdawd and hankjam

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was ANZAC day here in Australia yesterday 25 April.

One of the songs about the Gallopoli landing in Turkey during WW1 is Eric Bogle's song.

Lest we forget.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Listening to Russell Morris stream on Amazon Music.

Here's one of his songs done a couple of years ago by him.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some Hammer fall.. heard this track used on a “candid camera” prank show a number of years back & tracked the source down & finding this outfit?
A Swedish metal act with the flavour of ABBA.. (To my ear..)

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's an old song by country music legend Slim Dusty going around for the federal election next week in Australia.

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The hubs has got a fancy cd player set up so we’ve been buying cds from charity shops to play. Yesterday he got me suede’s album coming up, and Freddie mercurys solo album mr bad guy. Brilliant and ticked all my nostalgia boxes

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cerys Matthews on 6 Music is a good start to Sunday morning. Grapefruit, pecans and yogurt, with a black coffee, very strong, for afters.

Reactions: PaulAshby

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
the boss