L/ cold pork, courgette & onion fritters, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms
Snack hot strawberry protein powder with almond milk, 2 cheese strings
Skipped dinner
Exercise
Am 1.26 mile walk
Pm 3x 12 barbell deadlifts
3x 10 barbel clean & press
3x 12 barbell bench press
Fell asleep on sofa around 5ish, husband woke me up at 7 & went straight to bed, stayed in bed till 7 this morning (2 hours later than normal) just done a test positive,
Hope you have a good day
Hey there Debbie.
So Sorry to hear you tested +ve for COVID.
Take it easy, it really tired out my mate up in Scotland. Not life threatening symptoms thankfully (double jabbed and boosted) but still very tiring, fever on and off. and a hell of a cough. You know the score, don't push yourself, rest as much you need to, be kind to yourself, stay hydrated, vit C and vit D.
I hope that you're not feeling too bad today and that you recover quickly mate.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks,
100 burpees??,
You’ve really got it all sorted, actually feel fine, no cough or anything, always take vitamin d3 & zinc so maybe that helps,
Got daughter & her boyfriend looking on Facebook for a secondhand treadmill, maybe not a great idea but I feel fine
Have a good day

AGC_68

Thanks,
100 burpees??,
You’ve really got it all sorted, actually feel fine, no cough or anything, always take vitamin d3 & zinc so maybe that helps,
Got daughter & her boyfriend looking on Facebook for a secondhand treadmill, maybe not a great idea but I feel fine
Have a good day
That's fantastic! Yes it definitely helps I'm sure, I take them both too.
I hope you stay symptom free.
The treadmills you can get for home gyms now are soo cool. I don't enjoy running much more than a few sprints in a workout. But I do like the incline features on the new treadmills, a fast paced walk at an incline saves big guys like me getting the joints pounded too much, but still gives plenty of cardio benefit. I have stopped walking everywhere outside as the weather is now so cold!!

AGC_68

I do love burpees as part of a workout. Get the heart rate up a little. Love the surfer burpees even more than the regular ones!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG libre 7.3 contour 6.8 , no meds yesterday
B: cream cheese pancakes with blueberries
L/ eff & salad cream sandwich on 1 slice nimble (just fancied it), cold pork, walnuts & d/g cheese
D/ prawn & avocado salad
Alpro yogurt with cherries, sunflower seeds & almonds
Exercise
1200 hoola hoop rotations & intermediate plank workout
Steps 3,951
Calories 1,540

Attachments

• 36BCD1E3-6341-48CF-84DD-5B002F3A6514.png
    36BCD1E3-6341-48CF-84DD-5B002F3A6514.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 66

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still feel ok, just like having a cold, but needing about 12 hours sleep a day,
Sons all negative, never even had a sniffle, what it is to be young, fit & healthy, seems weird not being able to go out, if it was just a cold I’d still be at the gym & going to work, might have to do a bit of gardening later, just to get out the house, hopefully get a bit more exercise in today
Have a good day, take care

AGC_68

FBG libre 7.3 contour 6.8 , no meds yesterday
B: cream cheese pancakes with blueberries
L/ eff & salad cream sandwich on 1 slice nimble (just fancied it), cold pork, walnuts & d/g cheese
D/ prawn & avocado salad
Alpro yogurt with cherries, sunflower seeds & almonds
Exercise
1200 hoola hoop rotations & intermediate plank workout
Steps 3,951
Calories 1,540
Good FBGs! Must feel really weird being stuck inside. Take it easy though .. don't overdo it. My word it must feel exasperating been stuck inside, you have my sympathy. At least it is only 5 days now if you get 2 consecutive negative lateral flow tests. Hang in there.

AGC_68

FBG: 6.1
B: Greek yoghurt, protein powder, berries, nuts
L: Huel
D: Huel
2nd Dinner: Chinese chilli chicken, aubergine and cauli rice, protein powder pudding

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
73.6 g
Fiber
18.1 g
Carbs
60.5 g
Sodium
5221.3 mg
Protein
165.8 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 15% from carbs, 43% from fat and 42% from protein.

Activity:
Steps ~8000

Workout at lunchtime:
100 bodyweight squats
100 press ups
100 bent over rows (32 kg bell)
4 x 6 biceps curls (32 kg bell)
4 x 25 crunches

Evening 90 mins of jujitsu .. back to classes .. good fun .. still able to move well and put up a good fight.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I decided to follow your yesterdays lunchtime workout, seemed like a good idea at the time!!
100 body weight squats easy
4 x 25 push-ups (done on knees, not pushing myself)
100 bent over rows (chose a light 6k k/bell)
4x6 biceps curls (again 6k k/bell)
4 x 25 crunches
Great workout, protein shake & cheese strings after, fell asleep & just woken up
Won’t be making that mistake again
Great job going back to juditsu, bet you really enjoyed it,
You do realise eating & exercising like that is going to make clothes shopping even harder
Take care

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG libre before getting up 6.3 rose to 8 just washing my hands, contour meter 5.7
Food
B/spinach frittata
L/ homemade chilli & cauliflower rice, 2 cheese strings & 6 cherries
Snack after exercise strawberry protein shake with almond milk, salted peanuts
D/ M&S seed crackers & 2 cheese strings (too tired & not hungry)
Exercise
Copied your lunchtime workout (see above post)
Steps5,147
Covid doesn’t appear to be raising blood sugar levels, don’t know if it’s a reduction in exercise or the increase in sleep
Enjoy your day

Attachments

• 7A7953B0-BF6F-4BEF-B327-1A258785B923.png
    7A7953B0-BF6F-4BEF-B327-1A258785B923.png
    330.6 KB · Views: 76

AGC_68

Hey there Debbie .. glad you enjoyed the workout! I hope Covid isn't running you down too much. It is a sneaky sneaky virus! Always gets you feeling tired out by the end of the day. Rest plenty.

Yes, I really enjoyed the jujitsu class. First class in a few years for a whole host of reasons, Covid included. I'm in a new town and had to find a new place to train. It was good to get back in the groove. I think I surprised them with my strength and speed for an old man! LOL They all wanted a piece of the new guy! Expended a lot of energy, glad I did an easy workout that lunchtime, especially on the legs.

I think I need to lose about 1/2 a stone more to really get the into the non-diabetic BG Levels and have some wiggle room and flexibility. It is taking a while, but the progress is in the right direction BG levels were much better when I was on the 800 a day restriction just due to the low energy intake. But I can't go that low again for a while. Body composition is still changing a lot. I just need to be a bit more patient and take it a day at a time. I'll start the new clothes shopping once another 6 lbs have gone. Hopefully I'll be more metabolically flexible by then. This older body just doesn't want to allow me to get away with as much adipose tissue as it used to. I am beginning to lose fat cells at this age and I need to make the ones I have left smaller so that I can have some storage buffer for excess calories. The set point has really changed.

I skipped breakfast this morning and my FBG is actually higher as a consequence. I'll test a couple of hours after lunch and see how it looks. Most annoying .. but what can you do? I think perhaps morning fasts are not good me at this stage. Will not skip breakfast or eat late anymore (good intentions .. let's see LOL).

Have a great day Debbie .. don't overdo it, also remember that a fever and infections can raise you BGs from time to time throughout the day, so try not to worry about the rises here and there while you get over the cove.

My stats:

FBG: 6.5 (!!)

B: Huel Black - Vanilla
L: Ryvita crackers , Brie and extra mature Cheddar, Greek Yoghurt, berry, nuts and choc protein powder pudding
D: Huel Black - Chocolate, Pudding: more of my yoghurt protein powder, berry, nut pudding thing with choc and cream

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
76.2 g
Carbs
73.3 g
Protein
143.4 g
Fiber
20 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 19% from carbs, 44% from fat and 37% from protein.
Steps: ~8000
Workout:
10 mins shadow boxing

4 x 25 press ups (feet up on couch, hands on kettlebells, done nice and controlled, good pause and stretch for the pecs at the bottom)
4 x 25 bent over rows with 32 kg bell) using my ergonomic grip handles that arrived last week!)
4 x 6 biceps curls with 32 kg bell (those handles are great!)
1 x 300 bodyweight squats (nice large set, surprisingly good muscle builder but good bit of cardio too)
4 x 25 dead bugs

static stretching to finish

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
  • FBG libre 9.1 contour meter 6.2
Yesterdays food
B/ eggs, bacon, mushrooms & tomatoes
Black coffee was even stronger than usual just to taste it
L/ homemade mushroom & fennel soup, homemade low carb banana & walnut bread with butter (made with coconut flour) cheese & 6 cherries
Snack after exercise new vanilla protein powder
D/ alpro plain yogurt with coconut, blueberries, almonds & sunflower seeds, d/g cheese & Brazil nuts
Exercise
Intermediate plank workout (day 21)
50 dumbell halos
10 Turkish getups (5 each side) not done since first lockdown so did without a weight, will be adding weight in future
2,639 steps
1,542 calories

Attachments

• 401BC796-FDBB-4F93-9AE5-E188F0461A0C.png
    401BC796-FDBB-4F93-9AE5-E188F0461A0C.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 68

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
You’re right covid is really sneaky, feel fine all day then suddenly exhausted at night, blood glucose levels seem to be as good as normal, not sure if it’s all the extra sleep, getting up later (7 instead of 5) or exercising later in the day, maybe a combination of all three
Must be weird moving to a new town, then covid & lockdowns & having to work from home, it’s great you’ve found a new club to train, there’s a new gym 2 minutes walk from work but I still drive 10 miles to go to the one I go to (been going about 5 years now, & the pool is warm
I’m sure you’ll get to the weight you want to be soon, you work hard for it, suppose I’m lucky in some ways I just don’t put weight on, downside is no weight to lose to reduce blood sugar, hopefully getting a treadmill in the next few days, daughters away in Dudley this weekend to do parkrun & go to the running show, couple of options nearby
If you’ve got your daughter this weekend I suppose you’ve got loads planned, enjoy it they grow up so fast

Take care, I know a lot of people double jabbed & boosted & still getting covid for a second time
Enjoy your weekend

AGC_68

Hi there

Busy start to the day with daughter .. so late posting my stats :bag:

FBG: 7.0
B: Huel Black Vanilla
L: Chicken and veg stir fry with cauliflower rice + Protein pudding
D: Same as lunch including protein pudding

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
84.8 g
Fiber
28.7 g
Carbs
70.9 g
Protein
144.2 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 17% from carbs, 47% from fat and 36% from protein.

Workout:
10 x 6 chin ups
4 x 25 press ups (feet up on couch, hands on kettlebells, done nice and controlled, good pause and stretch for the pecs at the bottom)
4 x 10 shoulder press with pair of 20 kg bells
4 x 3 minutes in horse stance (injured right knee .. this was all I could do for the legs, no squats or lunges possible)
4 x 25 dead bugs

Knee hurts like mad today .. so will be really disciplined and avoid all leg work today!
Will do heavy KB swings or something .. just to engage the legs a bit but no full bends at the knee!

Yes, Covid is a real sneaky little so and so, I had it full on before the 1st lockdown. Caught it from work, was like a nagging cold for a week or so and then BANG! Full on, lungs bubbling and rattling, hardest coughing fits imaginable, fatigue and fevers. I still have nightmares about it every now and then. Like being buried alive. It was before they said it was an issue here in the UK, I didn't think it was the cove, but I still almost called 999 as it felt like pneumonia. But I turned a corner and didn't call .. I was at a point where I was scared to sleep. Got back to work to find a colleague's son had had same symptoms, poor thing didn't survive. A few weeks later, they said it was here and that we should all work from home. But it had been here for a while down in London, it just hadn't got into big numbers yet. People weren't recognising the first few cases for what they were and there were no tests. My lungs didn't fully recover for a year. I realised afterwards .. holy poop that was probably Covid!

Glad you're resting and that your BGs are good. The vaccine and boosters at least give us a lot less chance of severe symptoms if we do get it. My daughter and I still wear our masks everywhere, just to be on the safe side.

My BGs are going up a bit. I think it may be due to being put on statins, the low carb diet had sent my LDL levels up, and statins can raise the BGs. Will see how it goes after a month and then see if they can be switched to a different statin if the BGs are too high, or if I mix up the macro ratios a little to get a better all around result. Never easy and straightforward, but I'll do whatever can be done to get the optimal result. It is still better than where I was last year. So I'm going to focus on that and making it better.

Yes I miss the old club, it was a bit more sociable and had more of a mix of people. This one is a bit more serious, more MMA. It is OK though. But I'll wait for my knee to heal before going back.

Hope your daughter had fun at the run in Dudley! .. just up the road from us here.

Take care .. have a great, restful weekend!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG
new libre (3rd in a week) 8.9
Contour meter 7.5
Food
B/ 3 scrambled eggs on 1 slice nimble toast
L/ roast turkey, broccoli & homemade cauliflower cheese with bisto
4 seed crackers with Wensleydale & cranberry
D/ salmon salad, Brazil nuts, homemade low carb banana & walnut bread & butter, 2 cheese strings
Exercise
1,000 hoola hoop rotations (too tired to do anything else
Steps 6,185
Calories 1,702

Attachments

• 4764BE5C-2FF5-45DE-8AEF-D397FAD4935C.png
    4764BE5C-2FF5-45DE-8AEF-D397FAD4935C.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 65

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,
So sorry you got covid at the beginning & it made you so I’ll, sounds like a nightmare, must have been horrible, keep taking the zinc
This is the first time I’ve been I’ll in 4 years, last time was when we were snowed in & I got a cough, took 2 lots of antibiotics & 2 lots of steroids to clear a friend (who’s a chest consultant) said to start taking zinc to prevent coughs & cold in the future & it works
I felt really ill & lived on complan for 2 weeks, but not anywhere near as ill as you were
Probably helped that you were quite fit to start off with
Big move from London to West Midlands especially in the pandemic, take it you’re all settled now
Did you hurt your knee at juditsu? Trying too hard as the new guy
Good that you can exercise at home, think my sons feeing a bit guilty, even offered to bring the peloton home,
I just want to go out now, but can’t obviously
We’re in the country so in theory could go out & not even see anyone
Enjoy the rest of the weekend with your daughter

AGC_68

FBG: 6.4

B: Huel Black - Vanilla
L: Vietnamese chicken salad, protein pudding at home
D: Chicken and vegetable stir fry with cauliflower rice

Activity:
Steps ~ 6000

Workout:
4 x 25 inverted bodyweight rows
5 x 25 press ups (1st ten done very slow to a count of 10 per rep, remaining 15 very fast)
4 x 12 shoulder press with pair of 20 kg bells
4 x 25 crunches
4 x 100 partial range of motion squats, done with my handles on the chin up bar (using them a bit like a TRX) to assist keeping too much load of knee, and keep my knee out of positions that cause any pain. Still worked the muscle pretty well. Will do until injury heals.

Love that your son is offering to bring the Peleton home! But rest is a good idea with this virus until you feel fully recovered.
Yes, I think my quadriceps tendon got a little damaged somehow at jujitsu. Didn't seem to bad at the time. Not too bad the next day .. but very painful the next! LOL Being nearly 54 probably doesn't help. It'll pass with rest and careful exercise. I'm feeling better for the workout last night. Cinema today with the kid.

Also good news - 2 packs of choc cookie protein powder delivered this AM!

Have a great day with the family!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG
Libre on phone 7.2, reader 6.7 & contour meter 6.6
B/ poached eggs, avocado & marmite on slice soughdough toast
L/ options mint hot chocolate, cold turkey, 6 cherries, banana & walnut bread & butter
D/ Spanish style chicken & chorizo casserole with cauliflower rice, s/f strawberry jelly
Snack mid afternoon after exercise new vanilla protein shake with almond milk, made in blender & tasted like vanilla ice cream, might have a go at freezing some
Exercise
Am mile walk round the garden, few laps but good to be outside
Pm intermediate plank workout (day 22)
2x 20 single leg jackknife with toe tap
5x 10 dumbell windmill & shoulder press
Stretch
Calories 1,329

Attachments

• 3CBAF5F3-EA9D-4D89-95A7-5CCE6A8E9633.png
    3CBAF5F3-EA9D-4D89-95A7-5CCE6A8E9633.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 65

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your knee is better today, it’s good you’re still managing to exercise
Hope you had a lovely weekend with your daughter
Covid test negative yesterday afternoon & this morning so back to work today (sons had to work 7 days & do my mums food shopping) so he’s happy, I’d already cancelled my pt this morning & probably won’t go to the gym this week, but will try to get on the peleton later just for 10-20 minutes though as still feel like I’ve got a cold
Have a good day