Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

AGC_68

Hope your knee is better today, it’s good you’re still managing to exercise
Hope you had a lovely weekend with your daughter
Covid test negative yesterday afternoon & this morning so back to work today (sons had to work 7 days & do my mums food shopping) so he’s happy, I’d already cancelled my pt this morning & probably won’t go to the gym this week, but will try to get on the peleton later just for 10-20 minutes though as still feel like I’ve got a cold
Have a good day
Great news on the test!!

Lovely weekend here thanks. Knee is still painful .. but getting better everyday. I'll be happy when I have 100% mobility back. Gives me a little insight into how my mum copes with the pain and mobility issues with her rheumatoid/osteo arthritis. I've got it easy by comparison to many. Not sure how I'll cope with immobility in old age, too used to being active. I should probably start thinking about whether the jujitsu is really a good idea longer term in terms of risk/reward.

Have a good day .. take it a little easy :)

AGC_68

FBG: 5.7

Food:
B: Huel Black - vanilla
L: Huel Black - chocolate
D: Spicy roasted chicken breast, chickpea and mushroom curry (no cauliflower rice!!), Yoghurt, berry, nut, pnut butter, dark choc, cream pudding
Snacks: 1 small pack of sugar free fruitella boiled sweets.

Activity
Steps:~ 5000

Workout:
4 x 6 minute rounds, each round as below with 32 kg kettlebell
a. 2 mins of stiff legged deadlifts
b. 2 mins of 2-handed cleans
c. 2 mins of 2-handed shoulder presses

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG phone libre 8.8
Finetest lite 8.2
B/ poached eggs, avocado & marmite on sourdough toast
L/ home cooked haselet, homemade low carb banana &wnut bread & butter, 6 cherries, d/g cheese
Snack after afternoon walk vanilla protein shake with almond milk
D/ Spanish style chicken & chorizo salad
Alpro plain yogurt with coconut, blueberries, pecans
Chocologic chocolate
Calories1599
Steps10,518
Exercise
Am 1.13 mile walk before work
At work 30 minutes Peleton endurance ride
5 minutes post ride stretch
After work 1.02 mile walk

Attachments

• E5C161BF-96CD-4730-9A9E-0A6D6E0CF46A.png
    E5C161BF-96CD-4730-9A9E-0A6D6E0CF46A.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 62

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blood sugar fine with covid, erratic without so annoying, good to be back at work & the peleton, friend (lives a few doors down) & running/walking buddy, been going out 3 times a week since start of covid, has decided to move back to Yorkshire so definitely need a treadmill now, running in the dark on your own down country lanes is no fun
Hope your knee is nearly back to normal
90 minutes juditsu is probably a long time if you haven’t been for a couple of years., perhaps you need to go slower & build back up, exercise is more important as we age, I’d spend hours at the gym & pool if I had the time
Have a good day

AGC_68

FBG: 6.4

Food:
B: Huel Black - vanilla
L: Huel Black - chocolate x 2, 2 Ryvita crackers with brie and cheddar
D: Chick pea and mushroom curry, Greek yoghurt and
Snacks: a few grapes, handful of peanuts

2,500 calories

Workout:
After lunch
4 x 100 partial range squats with TRX handles knee getting better but not good enough for unsupported full range load bearing)
4 x 25 bent over rows (32 kg bell)
4 x 6 curls (32 kg bell)
4 x 25 press ups (10 done slow to count of 10, 15 done explosively)
4 x 25 dead bigs

After dinner:
Feeling energetic so
4 x 6 minute rounds, each round as below with 16 kg kettlebell (light weight .. just wanted to use up some energy)
a. stiff legged deadlift 1 min L, 1 min R
b. cleans 1 min L, 1 min R
c. shoulder presses 1 min L, 1 min R

Hope you had a good day and it wasn't too tiring returning to work after the cove. Must've been nice to exercise again after a forced week off :)

AGC_68

Blood sugar fine with covid, erratic without so annoying, good to be back at work & the peleton, friend (lives a few doors down) & running/walking buddy, been going out 3 times a week since start of covid, has decided to move back to Yorkshire so definitely need a treadmill now, running in the dark on your own down country lanes is no fun
Hope your knee is nearly back to normal
90 minutes juditsu is probably a long time if you haven’t been for a couple of years., perhaps you need to go slower & build back up, exercise is more important as we age, I’d spend hours at the gym & pool if I had the time
Have a good day
Wow .. goes to show how little pockets of stress throughout the day have such an effect on BG levels.
Sad news about the walking/running buddy. It is nice to be outside and with company too. Makes it a different experience altogether.
Knee is going to take a few weeks to heal. The trouble with jujitsu is that there is always an injury risk. Especially when you roll with less experienced people who snatch at submissions without control. The 90 mins is not all out .. a lot of drill and practice as well as a few rounds of sparring. The higher intensity output is not for that long really. Not sure I need the risk element anymore. May stick to drills on my bag and grappling dummy at home, have to get sensible at some stage.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG libre 7.4 contour meter 6.4
B/ 2 boiled eggs, homemade granola & almond milk
L/ bovril, home cooked haselet, d/g cheese, 6 cherries & banana & walnut bread with butter
D/ Spanish style chicken & chorizo casserole with salad & pine nuts, seed crackers & Brie
Snack evening/ strawberry protein shake with almond milk & 2 cheese strings (making protein up)
Exercise
1.13 mile early morning walk with friend
Evening intermediate plank workout, 5x10 dumbell windmill with shoulder press each side 100 in total (had frozen shoulder in lockdown still working on mobility) 1,000 hoola hoop rotations
Steps 12,664
Calories 1,691

Attachments

• 049B056D-EE48-4CCA-9CBD-888AB886E85A.png
    049B056D-EE48-4CCA-9CBD-888AB886E85A.png
    333 KB · Views: 61

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes you need to be sensible, but you also need to get out especially if you’re still working from home, there must be a parallel type of sport you could do
You’ve come so far, you just need to keep going, your diet & exercise regime are really good, I’d be happy with your very consistent FBG
Had shake & cheese strings last night to make protein up to 1g for every llb of body weight & slept better & better FBG, too busy at work yesterday for Peleton but definitely going to find the time today
Have a good day

AGC_68

Great FBGs Debbie! Sorry to hear you had a frozen shoulder .. that can be sooooo painful!
Those windmill presses sound great. Impressive all around mobility!

FBG: 5.7

B: Greek yogurt, berries, nuts, chocolate cookie protein pudding
L: Huel Black, chocolate
D: Huel Black, vanilla, Pudding: Greek yogurt, berries, nuts, chocolate cookie protein pudding + dark choc + double cream
Snacks: Extra mature cheddar with dark rye crackers

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
62.3 g
Fiber
20 g
Carbs
73 g
Protein
133.1 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 21% from carbs, 41% from fat and 38% from protein.

Exercise:
Steps: ~ 4000

4 x 25 bodyweight squats (Done slow to thighs parallel (hurts knee to go lower), 5s down, 1s pause, 5s up)
4 x 25 stiff legged deadlifts (32 kg bell)
4 x 25 chest press (pair of 16 kg bells)
4 x 25 press ups (1st 5 done slow, 5s down, 5s pause, 5s up, next 20 done as fast as possible)
4 x 25 bent over rows (32 kg bell)
4 x 10 biceps curls (20 kg bell)
4 x 25 ab crunches

Knee is getting a little better every day. another couple of weeks and I'm hoping it'll be OK to get out and walk a bit more.

AGC_68

Yes you need to be sensible, but you also need to get out especially if you’re still working from home, there must be a parallel type of sport you could do
You’ve come so far, you just need to keep going, your diet & exercise regime are really good, I’d be happy with your very consistent FBG
Had shake & cheese strings last night to make protein up to 1g for every llb of body weight & slept better & better FBG, too busy at work yesterday for Peleton but definitely going to find the time today
Have a good day
Yes, need to get out you are right. But I think I'll train at home, I hate losing mobility due to injury. I'm so impatient LOL. When I'm old and decrepit I'll be a miserable git ;)

I'm joining a French speaking meet up group once a week instead of the jujitsu. I brushed up on my French during lockdown with Babel. It is pretty good now, I can watch French shows on Netflix without subtitles. I think I need to do something that flexes the mind as well as the body. As much as I enjoy the jujitsu, I think the psychological and social side is probably more important just now.

Hope you have a great day!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG libre 9.9 contour meter 8.8
Yesterdays food
B: 3 egg cheese, tomato & red onion omelette
L/ haselet, 6 cherries, banana & walnut bread & butter d/g cheese
Snack/ no grain crackers & Brie
D/ Spanish style chicken & chorizo casserole, salad, pinenuts, 2 cheese strings, Brazil nuts

Exercise
Am 5x 10 barbell deadlifts increasing weight
Pm 30 minutes max power zone ride
5 minutes post ride stretch
Evening 1,000 hoola hoop rotations
Calories 1,692
Steps 9,408

Attachments

• 29E8B05B-A6C6-4A84-B388-63408E1080A2.png
    29E8B05B-A6C6-4A84-B388-63408E1080A2.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 55

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
French group sounds like a good idea
Your deciplined enough to train at home you don’t need to risk injury doing juditsu
Your FBG is great as always, really don’t think mine is particularly linked to food, just a pain I have to live with
Enjoying the peloton this week, just need to get a treadmill sorted
Gave a good day

AGC_68

FBG: 5.9

B: skipped (early work meetings)
L: Huel Black - vanilla, Greek yoghurt, protein powder, berries, nuts, nut butter, choc, cream pudding thingy
D: Tandoori roast chicken breast, chickpea and mushroom curry, green salad, with avocado, protein pudding as above
Snacks: Ryvita cracker with extra mature cheddar

Activity:
Steps ~ 6000

Workout
4 x (25 squats + 25 lunges) able to do squats and lunges again, but slowly as still a bit painful
then
4 x 6 minute rounds, each round as below with 16 kg kettlebell
a. stiff legged deadlift 1 min L, 1 min R
b. cleans 1 min L, 1 min R
c. shoulder presses 1 min L, 1 min R

Nice gentle total body workout .. no excessive overload for any particular muscle group. Felt the last round of shoulder presses rally activating the core muscles though, which was good.
Today, I'll go for something more muscle building :):)

AGC_68

French group sounds like a good idea
Your deciplined enough to train at home you don’t need to risk injury doing juditsu
Your FBG is great as always, really don’t think mine is particularly linked to food, just a pain I have to live with
Enjoying the peloton this week, just need to get a treadmill sorted
Gave a good day
I think you do a bloody great job mate!
There are somethings that are always going to be out of our control, mody makes it all a bit more unpredictable for you. It must get so frustrating at times. But you do the best that you can do, and that is doing you good. You are keeping your BGs in a really good range over time, you are keeping your body strong and healthy too. Bravo! That's what I say. Great discipline. It will pay off in term of its health benefits. I really do think that you do a fantastic job of it all.

Re the jujitsu .. I just have to accept the fact that you have to start to train differently as you age. In London I had a good mate of mine the same age and been doing judo and jujitsu for 30 years. We'd do lots of drills together in class. We were experienced enough to keep the intensity at the right level and to make the drills give you the practice and skills you'd need to keep you able to do what you need to in a real live situation. At this new club I'm by far the oldest guy, but I don't look it, and I'm strong and fast and that means in sparring people get carried away with things and so do I! Which is fun and good for the ego when you put these young guys in their place but .. just like you have to change how you lift or do resistance training with age, you have to adapt all things. Sport and exercise is great, but old age and the injuries you picked up along the way demand that you adapt for long term mobility in the end. That's OK with me. As long as I can still be mobile and do the occasional impressive athletic feat when I need to! LOL

Have a good day :)

AGC_68

Good morning!
FBG: 6.2

B: skipped
L: Tandoori roast chicken breast x 2, chickpea and mushroom curry, green salad, with avocado, Dessert: Greek yoghurt, protein powder, berries, nuts, nut butter, choc, cream pudding thingy
D: Huel Black - vanilla, followed by pudding as above
Daily Totals Calories 1621, Fat 66.3 g, Fiber 19.8 g, Carbs 66 g, Protein 175.1 g
Daily Calorie Composition: 17% from carbs, 38% from fat and 45% from protein.

Activity:
Steps ~ 6000

Workout with 20 kg sandbag
4 x around the circuit below:
a. 25 chest to floor burpees
b. 25 pickup sandbag from floor to press overhead
c. 25 press ups
d. 25 squats
e. 25 bent over rows
f. 10 curls
g. 25 crunches

Knee well on the mend .. in one more week it should be 100%! Hooray!
Hope you have a lovely Friday. It's nippy out there today!!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre on phone before rising 5.3 after 6.3
Contour meter 5.3
Yesterdays food
B/ 3 scrambled eggs, whole avocado & slice of nimble toast & butter
L/ homemade chilli & cauliflower rice
D: chIcken breast with cheese & leeks, purple sprouting broccoli, baby carrots & cauliflower
Evening/ strawberry protein powder with almond milk
Exercise/ before work
1.07 mile dog walk with friend
Evening/ intermediate plank workout
5x 10 windmill with shoulder press (each side)
100 kettlebell around the world (50 each way)
1,000 hoola hoop rotations
Total steps 14,324
Calories 1,228

Attachments

• 00B57826-5836-4959-99D2-DDAC26A87992.png
    00B57826-5836-4959-99D2-DDAC26A87992.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 44

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pleased knees nearly back to normal,
That workout looks quite intense, not one I’ll copy thanks
Been back to the gym this morning (car & roads frozen over)
2 miles on treadmill nearly finished me off, but pleased I did it, really tired now
Trainers on holiday next week, but he’s given me 3 workouts to do ( he’ll probably be there training at the same time so I’ll have to do it)
Lungs rubbish after covid, gentle jog & 80% plus heart rate
Gave a good day, it’s nearly the weekend

Reactions: AGC_68

AGC_68

Brilliant FBGs! great going!
LOL .. love the fact that the PT is keeping an eye even on holiday!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
FBG libre 5.7/6.5 contour meter 5.7
Yesterdays food
Mug of tea before gym
Black coffee with coconut oil, water & vanilla protein shake with almond milk at gym
B/ 3 scrambled eggs, 3 pork chipolatas
L/ chicken leek & bacon with salad
Snack/ seed crackers & Brie, options mint hot chocolate
D/ prawn & avocado salad
Supper/ strawberry protein shake with almond milk
Calories 1,623

Attachments

• 446F9D1D-11C0-493D-855E-7959CAE3782C.png
    446F9D1D-11C0-493D-855E-7959CAE3782C.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 64

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exercise
2 mile jog on treadmill
5 minutes stretch
After lunch 1.81 mile health walk with Steph
Evening 1,000 hoola hoop rotations & 20 halos
Not only has he given me 3 workouts for next week, he’ll actually be there training himself so will know if I’ve done it,
apparently I need to do cardio to get my lungs working properly after covid (hate cardio)
2 mornings in the 5’s now, seems like a protein shake before bed works, might have to get some different flavours
When you make your Greek yogurt thingy how can you stick to 1 walnut & 2 teaspoons of peanut butter?, my tub of peanut butter has never seen a teaspoon & never will & I couldn’t stick to 1 walnut, I’ve cut down now but used to eat a 200g bag every week
100 burpees is insane, most I’ve done is 66 in one go,
Prefer rounds of 10
Have a good weekend, weathers supposed to be a bit warmer