Type 1'stars R Us

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes and all type 1s to be offered without having to jump through hoops. And indeed some type 2s.
Interesting ... I think the option to calibrate would be useful. The last 2 Freestyle Libre sensors I used were of no use for insulin dosing :( If I end up having to pick one or the other then test strips are going to win - hopefully it will not end up being one or the other ...

Reactions: Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting ... I think the option to calibrate would be useful. The last 2 Freestyle Libre sensors I used were of no use for insulin dosing :( If I end up having to pick one or the other then test strips are going to win - hopefully it will not end up being one or the other ...
For me it's Libre2, used with DiaBox for calibrating, plus self funded test strips, as around here you only get 50 teststrips every three months when using a Libre. That's not enough for me.

It's a great improvement still, financially, I used to get enough teststrips but had to self fund my Libre. For me that meant some serious cutting down on other costs.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yum Cherries!!!! I asked my hubby to bring home some purple or red grapes and there wasn't any so he brought home some cherries. Early for them here. Usually we don't get them until after strawberry season, around May, June? And they are absolutely delicious, so of course I couldn't resist eating about 10 of them right away. And yea, then I took insulin.........and of course the cherries are going to hit faster than the insulin. So let's get on my exercise bike. then watch my numbers drop, okay get off exercise bike. Hmmm, now I've exercised and taken insulin and sitting around 4.4. At some point my numbers will increase.
But the cherries were so worth it!!!! I might just have some more............but not until some of that insulin I took starts to hit!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The cherries sound scrumptious, and very very moreish, I could eat loads of them, but oh these are some of the times I long not to be diabetic, and just to be able to eat them without having to think of balancing blood sugar!!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It's irritating isn't it @Hopeful34 , that the best way for us is to pre think we want some cherries, take insulin, then wait to eat them. Or maybe sneak one or two so our levels don't go up too much. Sometimes like with these cherries I was ready to say to heck with it!!!

I forgot to say this was at 9 pm at night. It ended up working out, mostly lol. My BG level should have went up but I must have had enough insulin from earlier and the exercise bike helping because I never went above 6.4 . Then I dropped some and ate more cherries which I didn’t mind at all! The biggest problem was in taking insulin so late as I had an extra kick after about 6 hours and I went a little low to 4.1 at 3 am and my alert woke me. Even though I had been steady at 5.4 for a few hours before bedtime. So I ate a piece of dried pineapple, turned off my phone and went back to sleep until the morning.

I wake up if I go too low but not usually until around 3.2-3.4, my alert is set at 4.2. I just don't always wake up easily to highs. As long as I don't have a pump failure I am okay without low alerts!

My husband is asking me if I want a second bag of cherries because they are so good. I just don't think I can go through 2 bags in the 3-5 days they last. But I am so tempted to try!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone happy friday
FB_IMG_1619071255541.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Snorkel day yesterday! Gorgeous weather and I was rewarded with a special siting. I had my 15 gram snack, went in at about 7.2 and reduced my basal for a half hour only. Stayed most of the time around 5.8 for the 2 hours I was out there. gave myself 1 unit when I got out and another unit a half hour later and never went above 6.4. If it all could workout so perfectly!!!!

I shove stuff down my suit when I swim, my hypo gel if I need it, some ******* and a car key in a pouch, my Libre reader in a pouch to keep track of my BG level while I'm out there. But the LIbre reader is what I pull in and out several times. My Omnipod pod is also attached somewhere on my stomach and I knew it was at the hitting point of where I put my pouch. It was fine when I got home and took a shower, but at some point the pod came completely loose and my numbers shot up and it took forever to get them back down, But the day was still really worth it!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
DP stopped suddenly for the last 3 nights. But as soon as I switch to my non DP program you know it's going to come back!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::blackeye:o_O

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
DP stopped suddenly for the last 3 nights. But as soon as I switch to my non DP program you know it's going to come back!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::blackeye:o_O

So frustrating. I often decide to leave things as they are rather than have the hassle. Then other times I’m proactive and have a couple of days success before trouble. You cannot win with this condition.

Reactions: RVW and Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I went low last night. I snorkeled yesterday and I reduced my basal overnight by 50% and it wasn't enough, eating candy at 3:30am! This exercise thing is just a trick lol!