Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
F2A5C72A-66F4-4D89-9834-8CDFBC589BA5.jpeg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@becca59 Interesting, Thanks! I hadn't heard of it before. Sounds like a competitor to Libre? It says no need for calibration, but it doesn't say whether you can? The Libre you can't calibrate. (except on 3rd party aps) The Dexcom says you can but that you don't need to. But what helps the Dexcom be more accurate is that you can calibrate it. I can't remember if the Eversense can be calibrated. I don't think I would ever like the Eversense one as it has to be inserted under the skin every 3-6 months.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Uh oh...........islands in trouble for a little bit. For some reason we have lost 6 or 7 GP's recently. Retiring, moving etc. We were already short doctors, so if you try to get to a different one, or you are new here, it's a long waiting list and they are telling people to use urgent care for any needs. We also have 2 larger eye groups with surgeons and one is losing their surgeon, but the other one has already been well past it's capacity and can't really add new patients. The other eye group is referring them but my eye group is telling them it's at least a 9 month waiting time and if they need immediate attention they need to fly to the main island.

I'm not sure how fast it will get fixed. They don't pay enough to make up for how expensive housing has gotten. Prices are shooting up faster than you can blink as people from the mainland have been moving here in droves the last couple of years. Safe haven from everything going on.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @karen8967 will do indeed. Planning to watch grandson ride his new bike at the park. He learnt the other week without stabilisers. That’s if we don’t get blown away first. The gales in the early hours here were awful. Freshly emptied bin blown from drive right to other end of patio.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @karen8967 will do indeed. Planning to watch grandson ride his new bike at the park. He learnt the other week without stabilisers. That’s if we don’t get blown away first. The gales in the early hours here were awful. Freshly emptied bin blown from drive right to other end of patio.
Enjoy becca59 ive got my own grandsons this afternoon,hope the bike riding goes well,its still very blustery here and doesn't look like its going to calm down anytime soon.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
My local bike shop guy is retiring and selling out. So I celebrated him, and bought a bike- a city flat bar bike. Something from his inventory.

Met the new guy replacing him. And committed to buy a new road bike from him. He’ll help me sell 2 of mine, and maybe in 200 days I’ll see a new bike (lead times are long for performance bikes). So I’m excited to help out with the old, and welcome in the new.

Bikes have always helped me manage my bs, and also given me the mental break that I’ve needed to escape. I need a local shop to do this, so I have to support.

The hard part is that I have to pick a bike color for the new build. And I have no ideas.