What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry yes my readings are between 8-13 in the mornings
it’s only recently started to get below 13 I’m trying to understand why they seem high in the morning. I don’t eat after 10pm or 9pm.
Oh, OK. Things to consider. Write down what you eat and compare to fasting readings. Amount of carbs consumed daily - high or low? The more carbs - the more your liver will dump sugars into your bloodstream as you start to wake. Can you stop eating a bit earlier? For example, I try very hard not to eat after 8pm. A bit simple but it’s a start. Search this website - lots and lots of resources and plenty of kind people.

Reactions: Nodemus

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s an overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
A glass half full day yesterday. After only 52 attempts I managed to join the chosen ones in the electronic queue to speak to the receptionist at the surgery - clouds part, sun appears, fancy choral music - all curtesy of Terry Gilliam. Thanks to the good vibes of @ianpspurs, I get a phone call from doctor who promises to write me a get out of flying chit containing big medical terms and typed up so that we can all read them. Mrs Miggins has now cancelled our planned trip to Prague - sigh! Someone has whispered the words ‘terrible twos’ into the ears of the girl in the bubble as well as the word ‘mine’. Another phase shift in development that is best not encouraged. Lent - all the best to those who are giving something up - I hope that it’s something worthy.
Art bit - angling but not by J R Hartley. I hope that your day is kind to you. I need to open another pack of koffy.

upload_2022-3-2_7-30-26.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting colours in your kaleidoscope with kitty kat at top of pattern more subdued than vibrant but it works.
My home has lots of glass coloured two toned glass and crystal I’ve always had a fascination with glass and kaleidoscopes from being a child holding it up towards the light and seeing all those fantastic patterns evolve from every turn of the kaleidoscope.K
I was going to play with more colours, but that one was just with bedside lamp, and that was the natural colours, more or less, and to add vibrancy was wrong.
I love coloured glass and crystals @Granny_grump_

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it’s all moving along and congratulations on your recovery so far. Steady away. Don’t let the horse bolt. Hand - how are you exercising it? Something to squeeze perhaps (tennis ball or something) and maybe something to practice dexterity - I have a pair of steel Chinese Baoding balls to swivel about - don’t drop them on your foot.
I have a pair of those shiny Chinese steel balls @jjraak but I play with them in bed so they don't have far to drop...
A pair of soft dog balls work well for hand dexterity........

EDIT (?) Just to make it clear the dog balls belonged to my hearing dog Meg. One is green, one is red. They have those tiny teething spikes on them to clean dog's teeth. Now you can buy these online as health balls for an exorbitant cost, but doggy balls work just as well...

Is this explanation getting worse?

Going to hide under my electric blanket...

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s an overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
A glass half full day yesterday. After only 52 attempts I managed to join the chosen ones in the electronic queue to speak to the receptionist at the surgery - clouds part, sun appears, fancy choral music - all curtesy of Terry Gilliam. Thanks to the good vibes of @ianpspurs, I get a phone call from doctor who promises to write me a get out of flying chit containing big medical terms and typed up so that we can all read them. Mrs Miggins has now cancelled our planned trip to Prague - sigh! Someone has whispered the words ‘terrible twos’ into the ears of the girl in the bubble as well as the word ‘mine’. Another phase shift in development that is best not encouraged. Lent - all the best to those who are giving something up - I hope that it’s something worthy.
Art bit - angling but not by J R Hartley. I hope that your day is kind to you. I need to open another pack of koffy.

View attachment 53618
Wow! Impressive angling!
Love it @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on another Wednesday which for some is a rather too literal Ash Wednesday. @gennepher sorry about yesterday being tiring but thank you for sharing that kaleidoscope. Today would definitely be a day to relax with a cuppa or two. @dunelm thank you for sharing your art and very good news on the no fly letter. Prague may not be as enticing just now. We have a poorly two year old granddaughter today so the terribleness will be on hold. A variety of concerns from what I read which St Paul seemed to address here: having food and raiment let us be therewith content. @jjraak good news on the driving and steady progress. As for grief, I phrased it badly. I think it has a deep spiritual function and is a reflection of a truth beyond the purely functional, material/ evolutionary world view. As for the floods and other evidence of man's inhumanity to the planet here is a sonnet with a Christian take on climate change. Ignore the "preachy" by all means. Mind how you go in Dock Green or elsewhere.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone on another Wednesday which for some is a rather too literal Ash Wednesday. @gennepher sorry about yesterday being tiring but thank you for sharing that kaleidoscope. Today would definitely be a day to relax with a cuppa or two. @dunelm thank you for sharing your art and very good news on the no fly letter. Prague may not be as enticing just now. We have a poorly two year old granddaughter today so the terribleness will be on hold. A variety of concerns from what I read which St Paul seemed to address here: having food and raiment let us be therewith content. @jjraak good news on the driving and steady progress. As for grief, I phrased it badly. I think it has a deep spiritual function and is a reflection of a truth beyond the purely functional, material/ evolutionary world view. As for the floods and other evidence of man's inhumanity to the planet here is a sonnet with a Christian take on climate change. Ignore the "preachy"part by all means. Mind how you go in Dock Green or elsewhere.
Thanks Ian
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi .
A fed days FBG's all high 6 or lo low 7
Steady as she goes I fear, but no nasty surprises and given the circumstances, unsurprising, really

Thank you @ianpspurs .

Recovery slower then expected in my eyes, at least.

Hand becoming a concern, grip & dexterity, after one week Shy of 3 months , not where I was hoping

And from what at the time was a seemingly simple injury (on the whole):sorry:

However better news, while walking is still assisted by gutter crutch, I am mobilising more each day, though it has to be said, everyday activities are more like a punishing gym session to which I have to assign a rest day, if I overdo it

BUT, in a determination to have & meet simple goals, I set myself to be back in the car end of this week & meet Steph for lunch one day.

Succeeded in the driving last Sunday, had wife's best friend's daughter (henceforth *neice )
Who has-been using car until she replaces hers.

Sit with my (just In case I tired ..one leg, & both arms injured , a rather unknown quantity, pushing, pulling, etc )

But drive went great.:D

So well in fact that today, I met our Steph

I missed her birthday dinner recently gone.
Not fit for a few hours in a restaurant .

So today we hit nandoes, a delicious dinner, a tiny bit of shopping
And the kicker....train strike here in the capital.
Steph off to Richmond no trains so ages on buses etc .

A quick check I was fine offering daddy-uber,
And just like that she was delivered safely.

And on returning home, A small pat on the back for myself, and a feeling of usefulness returns slightly ...:happy:

So yeah, slower in places, but one or two highlights, as well.:)
Really good news that the drive went well @jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Fbg 9.4

My numbers appear high only in the mornings.
Any suggestions why this would be case?
Welcome to this little part of this useful site,
Food diary, testing, till you have enough data to see which food stuffs are raising your blood sugars. Good luck and remember we are all have different body chemistries. I’m sure more useful advice will follow. Good luck.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I was going to play with more colours, but that one was just with bedside lamp, and that was the natural colours, more or less, and to add vibrancy was wrong.
I love coloured glass and crystals @Granny_grump_
Hope you have a better day but your love of nature and all things around you will hopefully get you through,I apologise has I’m not really in the know about your health conditions but I know about constant pain myself so if it’s the same for you you have my deepest sympathy and many many hugs are sent to you with this message. Best Wishes K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you have a better day but your love of nature and all things around you will hopefully get you through,I apologise has I’m not really in the know about your health conditions but I know about constant pain myself so if it’s the same for you you have my deepest sympathy and many many hugs are sent to you with this message. Best Wishes K
Thanks @Granny_grump_ I have the pain of arthritis, The dryness of Sjogrens Syndrome, profound deafness in both ears (I have a cochlear implant in one ear, from 14 years ago, but it's not turn it on and you have instant hearing, which most people seem to think, I am still learning what sounds are, I had never heard sound before), and a few more things too!

I had a procedure done at the hospital yesterday, hence the need for bed rest...
I have the head nurse's personal NHS email should there be a problem (I can't use the telephone). I thought I would sleep today, but I'm not. But she is emailing me as well to check up on me.

And so, I am watching the sparrows and other birds and the stray cats today coming for food. A new stray cat arrived. It looked rather manky, so I went out with an extra bowl of nice wet food for it, and put some cat vitamins and a smidgen of powdered taurine in the bowl.

Cat food and dry cat food is getting difficult to obtain, and horrendously expensive, and so I am expecting my stray population to increase...

And so, like Her Majesty said the other day, I am on light duties today.

Thanks.
It is cuppa tea time!
And I fancy food...now where is that food fairy...

g33001.gif

Last edited: