What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 on this really chilly morning. Overslept this morning which is unusual for us. Bitterly cold wind and flurries of snow but brilliant sunshine on our dog walk.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.45 am FBG 6.3
Currently eating far too much and a lot of the wrong things.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.45 am FBG 6.3
Currently eating far too much and a lot of the wrong things.
Says who? What do the scales and Hba1c show? From your posts you don't need to drop weight and you are pre-diabetic so definitely in Europa League places at least. A few go all out for Champs League with some very bad long term consequences. From a distance, weight and bg control really don't seem your major issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Jojo85

Good morning,

Fbg at 7am was 5.4
Fbg yesterday was 5.8

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! It's oh so cold in Sydney too.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.05 am FBG 5.2
Cold here in Normandy too. -1 this morning.
Last week was warm and sunny, up to 19c

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Cold, wintry, sleet, hailstones, snow, the whole wintry stuff in weather yesterday.
Felt lethargic and sleepy. But as soon as night falls, my brain wakes up. Hey, we are going to do some Ancestry research, it said. And so I did until gone midnight...and the Sandman forgot to visit...

Cat diner is in full swing. Shadow was first, and now Biscuit. Usually Manky Ginger gets in before Biscuit, but not this morning. I must think of another name for Manky Ginger, because over the last year he has been filling out, and is not the skinny thing he once was. He is starting to look like a handsome ginger cat now. He is a very large cat.

Oops, Mr Blackbird is telling Biscuit to leave some biscuits for him, and Biscuit has taken the hint. Now Mr Blackbird is helping himself to cat biscuits...

Creative kaleidoscope in Laboscope. It is the same thing I pointed it at in yesterday's kaleidoscope, but at a different angle. I don't know what created the yellow, but it was pointed at the clematis, where Mr&Mrs Blackbird have their des res, and the sky.
Then Procreate to do Popeye, and Snapseed to do name and frame.

Coffee and a cuppa tea next...

View attachment 54017
Another smasher - I like this colour combination.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the way you do this splash of colour @dunelm

Glad eye photo shoot went well
c05129.gif
Thank you @gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on whoa looks to be a bright, sunny and very cold day.
Girl in the bubble yesterday - always fun for a few hours. Playing find the letter and catch while wearing sunglasses and one of Mrs Miggins’ wide brimmed hats (where’s your hat grandad?). A cousin is up for the weekend and kindly brought with her a box of assorted cheeses and a bottle of port. Guess we will have to open it all up sometime today. First though, a trip into town to walk along the seafront and then a late breakfast.
Art bit - another bit of colour. Have a splendid day recovering from all the tom foolery of some bit part in The Nun’s Priest’s Tale. Koffy, must have some koffy.

upload_2022-4-2_7-44-8.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. Absolutely no idea why it.is higher than my normal readings. Would need to be a member of MENSA to be able to work out why - which I am certainly not.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on whoa looks to be a bright, sunny and very cold day.
Girl in the bubble yesterday - always fun for a few hours. Playing find the letter and catch while wearing sunglasses and one of Mrs Miggins’ wide brimmed hats (where’s your hat grandad?). A cousin is up for the weekend and kindly brought with her a box of assorted cheeses and a bottle of port. Guess we will have to open it all up sometime today. First though, a trip into town to walk along the seafront and then a late breakfast.
Art bit - another bit of colour. Have a splendid day recovering from all the tom foolery of some bit part in The Nun’s Priest’s Tale. Koffy, must have some koffy.

View attachment 54023
Liking this Art bit very much @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Yesterday I sat on the swing for a few moments for a rest, and from under the swing and between my feet hopped Mr Blackbird, looking at me all the while. He turns around, looks at me. ' So this is what you look like close up,' he seemed to be thinking. And I am thinking, darn why is my phone not in my pocket to take a photo...

We both study each other a good few moments. And I see his beak looks orange close up, not yellow as it does from further away. He has a splendid black glossy coat. He is literally far less than a metre away from my feet.

Creative today is a pic taken last night in the dark (iPad is no good in the dark), but I was looking at the street lamp catching the edges of my windows. And took a pic with Laboscope.app. I quite liked the pattern it made, and thought of a couple of experiments I might try.

Procreate for Popeye, and Snapseed for name and frame.

I hope this is not too dark in colour.

Coffee and nap needed. Been awake awhile...

EE17F9C3-EF5E-4427-A677-C0016B3904EA.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well hello there from a very sunny, cold but wonderfully blue skied unique sub region of East Anglia - The Brecks. Swipey's worm was rising like a good T20 innings when I checked 2 hrs later than usual. The 5.3 run rate was ok for yesterday's food on WinWiz. @gennepher wonderful story of woman meets blackbird and another splendid kaleidoscope. @dunelm magical time with the GIB, thank you for the art and enjoy the cheese - MIL's 90th cheese selectionattached - and port. @Jojo85 the attached suggests your idea of cold needs work:angelic: @Krystyna23040 I gave a winner for the attitude to an unexpected reading. You have a brilliant track record of managing The D so relax - please don't file that away for future reciprocation:angelic: Did Heraclitus have The D in mind when he penned this? “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” Stay safe because two other worms are climbing swiftly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-02 10.26.57.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-02 10.26.57.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot 2022-04-02 10.38.19.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-02 10.38.19.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well hello there from a very sunny, cold but wonderfully blue skied unique sub region of East Anglia - The Brecks. Swipey's worm was rising like a good T20 innings when I checked 2 hrs later than usual. The 5.3 run rate was ok for yesterday's food on WinWiz. @gennepher wonderful story of woman meets blackbird and another splendid kaleidoscope. @dunelm magical time with the GIB, thank you for the art and enjoy the cheese - MIL's 90th cheese selectionattached - and port. @Jojo85 the attached suggests your idea of cold needs work:angelic: @Krystyna23040 I gave a winner for the attitude to an unexpected reading. You have a brilliant track record of managing The D so relax - please don't file that away for future reciprocation:angelic: Did Heraclitus have The D in mind when he penned this? “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” Stay safe because two other worms are climbing swiftly.
Thanks Ian
:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late Morening from Tilehurst Towers,
Readings
Yesterday an 8.1
Today a 7.2
Sometimes life throws a curved ball at you, best thing to do is give a big smack and plough on.
Mrs J is watching me like a bird of prey, any deviation from her clearly enunciated instructions will probably result in me, me’s and myself having to learn to use the washing machine, a punishment beyond horror.
I must dash I have spotted a window of opportunity to escape her all seeing eyes.
Stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Yesterday I sat on the swing for a few moments for a rest, and from under the swing and between my feet hopped Mr Blackbird, looking at me all the while. He turns around, looks at me. ' So this is what you look like close up,' he seemed to be thinking. And I am thinking, darn why is my phone not in my pocket to take a photo...

We both study each other a good few moments. And I see his beak looks orange close up, not yellow as it does from further away. He has a splendid black glossy coat. He is literally far less than a metre away from my feet.

Creative today is a pic taken last night in the dark (iPad is no good in the dark), but I was looking at the street lamp catching the edges of my windows. And took a pic with Laboscope.app. I quite liked the pattern it made, and thought of a couple of experiments I might try.

Procreate for Popeye, and Snapseed for name and frame.

I hope this is not too dark in colour.

Coffee and nap needed. Been awake awhile...

View attachment 54028
Stary, stary night

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs - I do like the idea of these tiered cakes made of cheese. We insanely took one to France once for my fathers birthday - I think that that may have been his 90th.