What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone - brrrr! Overcast, cold, flurries of snow here in the dark and dangerous north
The parade of the bin lorry will be a sad affair and the bins sit forlorn in the hopes that if does turn up and that the orange clad carers don’t fall over in the slush. Mrs Miggins has been over to our little house on the prairie and brought back a car load of ‘stuff’ to sort out - much of which will go to a charity shop. Top of the agenda today is a free glamour photoshoot that I won - just the back of my eyes it seems - bit odd - will the images appear in The Tatler or Salon Prive? A weak sun has appeared to highlight individual snowflakes as they fall. There is a row of pine trees across the road - am I in Norway?
Art bit, a tree line along the waters edge. Enjoy your day, wrap up warm. Best get the koffy on.

upload_2022-3-31_7-30-11.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak
I’m giving the really low carb a try not for pure vanity reasons I have had Osteoarthritis since I was in my 20s in my spine and knees now off for X-rays next week to verify this, the weight loss will help my joints. But I am allergic to lots of things and pain relief medication is just one of them I’ve ended up in AE with a full anaphylactic shock after having XRay medium dye injected in to my body. I’m one of those rare people that the hospital was aware this could happen but in 20 years of using it it had never happened. Upto me!!!!! They now have stopped using this XRay medium dye I was told in XRay last time I went has myself and family members have to make sure it’s not used on any close family members so you are constantly reminding XRay of this problem so they can check first. Years ago I was in and out of allergy clinic even the best one in our area but they can’t find what starts it off from X-ray medium dye to foods to medication I have to play detective to find out what causes these very unpleasant problems. And all this has only happened from my late 50s early 60s allergic asthma, all year round allergic rhinitis you name it I’m a walking time bomb, but can’t live in a bubble so I just get on with it there’s nothing else I can do. K Some Mother Eh!!!

Aye, I do hear that.

I only mentioned, as it perturbed me, early in my journey, that progress wasn't linear.

I'd find that today's or tomorrows reduction in food had no or an adverse affect on my BG levels.

Only to drop down a week or so later, if I was consistent

Looking into it, is where I started to find the answer I gave you, that the body, believes we're in harm's way,.
And in a pattern akin to the morning liver dump, the body reacts to protect us with unwanted glucose, etc..to tide us offer until food becomes more readily available

Once it realises it's not the case , it then seems to tentatively, reduce its actions, and voilà, a lower BG becomes the new baseline :D

I did see later posts you may have found the culprit.. excellent news.

Always good to solve a mystery. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone - brrrr! Overcast, cold, flurries of snow here in the dark and dangerous north
The parade of the bin lorry will be a sad affair and the bins sit forlorn in the hopes that if does turn up and that the orange clad carers don’t fall over in the slush. Mrs Miggins has been over to our little house on the prairie and brought back a car load of ‘stuff’ to sort out - much of which will go to a charity shop. Top of the agenda today is a free glamour photoshoot that I won - just the back of my eyes it seems - bit odd - will the images appear in The Tatler or Salon Prive? A weak sun has appeared to highlight individual snowflakes as they fall. There is a row of pine trees across the road - am I in Norway?
Art bit, a tree line along the waters edge. Enjoy your day, wrap up warm. Best get the koffy on.

View attachment 54002
Hope the glamour shoot pic, is easily sortable.

I read such reports, as we all do, with a little sigh.
Yet in many cases, the next season's shoot, most seem to resolve, unattended to.

I hope that is the case here .

Nice art work today..
Is it Wessex or Kent I see before me, Uhtred. ?

(Been Watching the last kingdom, init,;) )

See what I did there,..
old Anglo saxon.
New Anglo Saxon .:D

Be well.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, well spotted peeps.

JJ is in da house, early doors , :D

Long old day today.

2 hospital appointments back to back .
One hand..standard.

But big cheese is checking over leg.
X-ray and plastics examination.

So excitedly cautious/curious.

In two different sites, so slightly anxious about finishing one, then moving on to next site in good time.

Tight, given my mobility, etc.
But hopefully not too tight..:wideyed:
And I'm worrying unnecessarily....I hope :bag:

Wish me luck
I'll post FBG later

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all from a Forest Heath enjoying light to decent snow flurries. Swipey felt today was an ideal occasion for a 4.4.:meh: I'm doing some testing of food items hitherto eschewed. All nosebag events yesterday jumped through the hoops - no rise or even a fall at 2 hrs, no Matterhorn nor even a gentle Fenland hill. Somewhat of a nutritional desert but definitely ate to my meter. Mackerel salad today - very unusual for me. :angelic: @Jojo85 you continue to manage The D so well. @dunelm hope the photoshoot is as negative as can be. Thanks for the art today which reminds me of my native area of Fenland @gennepher once again I'm finding your kaleidoscope most agreeable so thank you very much. @jjraak good work on the references to The Last Kingdom. The attached could be spun into a fine episode. Do what you have to do today safely. Disconcerted by a seemingly endless, consequence free, Smirkathon from a deliberately Wurzel Gummidge styled Truth Denier?; evil in Ukraine and elsewhere, elsewhere along with covid quietly dropped (under pressure from Nad?) from "the news" clue in the word new - (thanks Aidrian Chiles for the nudge)? This too shall pass.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-31 08.03.39.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-31 08.03.39.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings one and all from a Forest Heath enjoying light to decent snow flurries. Swipey felt today was an ideal occasion for a 4.4.:meh: I'm doing some testing of food items hitherto eschewed. All nosebag events yesterday jumped through the hoops - no rise or even a fall at 2 hrs, no Matterhorn or even a gentle Fenland hill. Somewhat of a nutritional desert but definitely ate to my meter. Mackerel salad today - very unusual for me. :angelic: @Jojo85 you continue to manage The D so well. @dunelm hope the photoshoot is as negative as can be. Thanks for the art today which reminds me of my native area of Fenland @gennepher once again I'm finding your kaleidoscope most agreeable so thank you very much. @jjraak good work on the references to The Last Kingdom. The attached could be spun into a fine episode. Do what you have to do today safely. I'm mindful that the seemingly endless, consequence free - Little People excepted, Smirkathon ( 2 classics of the genre yesterday) from our very deliberately Wurzel Gummidge styled Truth Denier, evil in Ukraine and elsewhere - quietly dropped (under threat from Nad?) from "the news" (thanks Aidrian Chiles for the nudge) - these things too will pass.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 54002
Fantastic art bit @dunelm
I love the colour in this one....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen on this cold national bin day.
A 6.2 this morning on that meter.
Are you all sure about today, because me, me’s and myself are not. I’m going on about the weather and how many layers to wear, what on earth were you thinking about?
Have you things to do ? Places to go ? Also people to confound and annoy? Me, me’s and myself have Mrs J for starters.
Stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aye, I do hear that.

I only mentioned, as it perturbed me, early in my journey, that progress wasn't linear.

I'd find that today's or tomorrows reduction in food had no or an adverse affect on my BG levels.

Only to drop down a week or so later, if I was consistent

Looking into it, is where I started to find the answer I gave you, that the body, believes we're in harm's way,.
And in a pattern akin to the morning liver dump, the body reacts to protect us with unwanted glucose, etc..to tide us offer until food becomes more readily available

Once it realises it's not the case , it then seems to tentatively, reduce its actions, and voilà, a lower BG becomes the new baseline :D

I did see later posts you may have found the culprit.. excellent news.

Always good to solve a mystery. :)
Yes, I think my body works in this way also.

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.35am FBG 5.4
Have you all taken readings for gas and electricity? Today is the day to do so to make sure future bills are accurate.
The guests have left, Foodgate is over, thankfully and tranquillity reigns here once more. MrSlim has a terrible cold though and we are both exhausted after the stresses and strains of the last few days. Why don't people just ask, or say if the food on the table doesn't appeal? I do try to offer variety. There is no need for any kind of bad feelings over food choices. Completely baffled me as to why there was so much angst about it
Also, after nearly three weeks of sunshine the weather has changed, it's now cool and drizzly. I wonder if this had anything to do with our guests sudden departure? Damp weather not withstanding, there is bedding and towels for six people to launder. That will keep me busy.
@jjraak hope the combination meds work for you. If you can tolerate nuts and seeds there are recipes for grain free granola online. 45g is about three dessertspoonfuls and looks pitifully lost in my very small bowl, but keeps me full until lunchtime.
@alf_Josiah no such thing as bin day here - we have to haul all our rubbish and recycling away ourselves. Next doors cat has once again reminded my of this duty despite the bricks meant to prevent access to the so vulnerable and attractive rubbish bags
Edit: Did I say drizzly? It's pouring down now. Might even be enough to water the vegetable beds.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.35am FBG 5.4
Have you all taken readings for gas and electricity? Today is the day to do so to make sure future bills are accurate.
The guests have left, Foodgate is over, thankfully and tranquillity reigns here once more. MrSlim has a terrible cold though and we are both exhausted after the stresses and strains of the last few days. Why don't people just ask, or say if the food on the table doesn't appeal? I do try to offer variety. There is no need for any kind of bad feelings over food choices. Completely baffled me as to why there was so much angst about it
Also, after nearly three weeks of sunshine the weather has changed, it's now cool and drizzly. I wonder if this had anything to do with our guests sudden departure? Damp weather not withstanding, there is bedding and towels for six people to launder. That will keep me busy.
@jjraak hope the combination meds work for you. If you can tolerate nuts and seeds there are recipes for grain free granola online. 45g is about three dessertspoonfuls and looks pitifully lost in my very small bowl, but keeps me full until lunchtime.
@alf_Josiah no such thing as bin day here - we have to haul all our rubbish and recycling away ourselves. Next doors cat has once again reminded my of this duty despite the bricks meant to prevent access to the so vulnerable and attractive rubbish bags
Edit: Did I say drizzly? It's pouring down now. Might even be enough to water the vegetable beds.
Hugs for all the washing to do @SlimLizzy
I do not use a bowl for food now. As you say, you need a magnifying glass to find the food.
I treated myself to some small China teacups And I now stand a chance of the food I eat from them being seeable...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.35am FBG 5.4
Hug for the wet weather combined with all the washing. I must have missed your posts about explaining whether the guests were friends, family or "customers." Good manners apply to all categories in any case. Breakfast; What percentage of posters on this thread are IF ers/breakfast deniers? There is no right answer so not a trick question.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well @ianpspurs

My usual breakfast would be egg bacon/sausage.one slice of bread or ryvita.
Tomato half a small tin of reduced etc baked beans.

No significant hit to BG levels, thank god.

Or

Greek yoghurt & berries.
Prefer the cooked brekkie, tbh.
But for the hit of energy..not much beats the yoghurt, for me :)

I do on many occasions skip breakfast
Usually a late afternoon snack, a few nuts or a boiled egg.

And then a decent dinner.

So no breakfast denier, simply a breakfast misser-outer, on occasions.:)

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well @ianpspurs

My usual breakfast would be egg bacon/sausage.one slice of bread or ryvita.
Tomato half a small tin of reduced etc baked beans.

No significant hit to BG levels, thank god.

Or

Greek yoghurt & berries.
Prefer the cooked brekkie, tbh.
But for the hit of energy..not much beats the yoghurt, for me :)

I do on many occasions skip breakfast
Usually a late afternoon snack, a few nuts or a boiled egg.

And then a decent dinner.

So no breakfast denier, simply a breakfast misser-outer, on occasions.:)
Thanks for the reply @jjraak. Good news on the cooked breakfast having no significant hit to BG levels. Imho that implies your body is fixing itself as per your theory. How is the easy does it, baby steps recovery going? Clearly doesn't suit you too well - I'm visualising Lauren rolling her eyes and nodding if reading that - whereas I'm superchilled - JKP has suddenly developed a mysterious cough:angelic:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Breakfast; What percentage of posters on this thread are IF ers/breakfast deniers? There is no right answer so not a trick question.
Break fast.
Is a must for me, I have shed load of medication to take in the morning and it cannot be taken on an empty stomach or I develop stomach ulcers….again. This is a must whether I want breakfast or not. Also I need carbs in the morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Break fast.
Is a must for me, I have shed load of medication to take in the morning and it cannot be taken on an empty stomach or I develop stomach ulcers….again. This is a must whether I want breakfast or not. Also I need carbs in the morning.
Thanks Alf and your need for food in order to take the medication is understandable. I await the unification bout over the need for carbs by the common herd between The Scientists. Mind you, even a knockout win would be declared fake news by the losers.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the reply @jjraak. Good news on the cooked breakfast having no significant hit to BG levels. Imho that implies your body is fixing itself as per your theory. How is the easy does it, baby steps recovery going? Clearly doesn't suit you too well - I'm visualising Lauren rolling her eyes and nodding if reading that - whereas I'm superchilled - JKP has suddenly developed a mysterious cough:angelic:
I hope so on the T2D front.

For other items..
Incredibly, incredibly frustrating :banghead::arghh::bigtears::arghh:

Babies are sailing past me..the nearest time scale is possibly at carbon dating level :sorry::sorry:

Trees grow rings quicker :rolleyes:

Anyway .

Cancelled hand therapy..too close to leg appointment..(the more important, but aren't they all)

And low and behold .an 11am appointment is now cruising to a 1pm slot judging by the others here all awaiting the same time slot, from the same surgeon/Mr...who we are now advised is running over one hour late :arghh:

Being sick & poorly is just No good for one's health, in any sphere :nurse: