What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morening. A curtailed greeting this morning, having just read @ianpspurs posting, me, me’s and myself feel for you, I don’t do politics or religion so no prayers, I shall just hope for a successful recovery.
@gennepher this morning I showed your art work today to Mrs J who thought it is really good as do I.
@Krystyna23040 McDonalds koffy used to be absolute rubbish in my humble or not so humble opinion, but now it is very different, in the motorcycle world we called Mackey D’s another name used up’t in the dark and dangerous norf McSlashes because the toilets were always very clean and a useful meeting point.
Stay safe all and always look on the bright side of life, easy to say difficult to do.
You and Mrs J are kind @alf_Josiah

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning@ianpspurs. Just to send empathy and prayers for your pain and concerns. I had my blood test on Wednesday. A follow up message from the GP the next day asked me to make an appointment with the practice nurse re my diabetes. As expected my HbA1c has shot up to 79, the highest it's ever been. The first appointment I could get was 16th May. It will be interesting to discover next steps. Best wishes and take care. :)
(PS: I take Amitriptyline for my lower back pain and Gabapentin for my trigeminal neuralgia and the combination seems to help. I take them both in the evening as they both can cause drowsiness.)
Hug for the HbA1c and thanks for the empathy. Interestingly, JKP takes that combination for her back issues. The car seat issue is the interesting one since Wednesday I was fine to drive and do a school pickup. Paracetemol seem to work fine just now for everything except the car. Hopefully I can talk to or see my GP tomorrow since admin said nothing doing today. You take care.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Yesterday morning Shadow went up the garden path and had words with BBCat who was sitting on the shiny black garden chair (which seems to be his chosen spot). BBCat just sat there and didn't say a word, nor did he show any sign that Shadow was trying to intimidate him. Shadow did the tail flick, the arched back, the twisted turn of the head, and her words went something like, ' Now, when Mum puts out my food, you stay on that chair until I have eaten it all'. BBCat just sat impassively. I had gone up the path as well to check all was okay.

Shadow came back down the path with an attitude, and then finished her food.

BBCat stayed on that garden chair, until Shadow had eaten her food. Then he came cautiously down the path, and I had put a fresh sachet out for him which he appreciated. And we did the slow blinking thing...

Boss Cat Shadow knows this is her garden, and I am her #1 servant, and she gets first dibs at the cat diner.

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Bluebells, but the camera made them artificially purple, and I didn't like the look. So I played with the colour a bit, and I might have overworked it. I forgot to save a version a few moments earlier which I think I liked more. It is what it is. Next to the bluebells is Sweet Cicely, the white flowers, and their frondy leaves. What that red bit is in the middle I have no idea, except it may be what Laboscope did to the wild flower Stork's Bill. You have Shadow hiding at the bottom. It is very hard to see Shadow in real life, she has this knack of being hidden. Not so BBCat who sticks out a mile especially when on my garage roof...

A cuppa next, and a short nap. I am a bit tired...

Mr Magpie and Mr&Mrs B are now partaking of the wet and dry cat food...Mr Magpie, in particular, thought the scraps on the edge of the cat bowl (which was Shadow's leftovers) were absolutely delicious and he picked the bowl clean to take back to his babies...

View attachment 54477
Beautiful kaleidoscope today

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Yesterday we achieved all our goals so thanks be to God and thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I learned that Tramadol is of no use whatsoever. @dunelm thanks for the art and concern. Scans - multiple since Nov/Dec - have revealed something very sinister so a bone biopsy happened 2 weeks ago,; that was fun. I have known for months. Elsie and exercise were managing well until late March - last gym visit 21st,. I'm testing my limits - 6.5 k steps or lawn mowing pre-NoMowMay are PBs just now. A combination of apprehension around scans/tests to determine any other potential problems and pain are proving too much for her just now - I can manage low 4s sometimes. Some oncologists are very pro Elsie/keto. No hugs please God gave me grandchildren for that but prayers work incredibly well . @gennepher thanks for the diner update and the kaleidoscope. Stay safe and be considerate - have a cartoon.
Thank’s @ianpspurs. Keep well and enjoy those grandchildren

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are welcome @ianpspurs
Take care .
I will light a candle for your recovery with my Buddha Ian.

Here is my Buddha @ianpspurs holding a lit candle just for you.

He is in a little secret grove in the bamboo.

32FD07C7-0836-40BB-85FD-E248653325E1.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Yesterday we achieved all our goals so thanks be to God and thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I learned that Tramadol is of no use whatsoever. @dunelm thanks for the art and concern. Scans - multiple since Nov/Dec - have revealed something very sinister so a bone biopsy happened 2 weeks ago,; that was fun. I have known for months. Elsie and exercise were managing well until late March - last gym visit 21st,. I'm testing my limits - 6.5 k steps or lawn mowing pre-NoMowMay are PBs just now. A combination of apprehension around scans/tests to determine any other potential problems and pain are proving too much for her just now - I can manage low 4s sometimes. Some oncologists are very pro Elsie/keto. No hugs please God gave me grandchildren for that but prayers work incredibly well . @gennepher thanks for the diner update and the kaleidoscope. Stay safe and be considerate - have a cartoon.
@ianpspurs the bone biopsy sounds really painful. Will definitely pray for your full recovery from current issues.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening. A curtailed greeting this morning, having just read @ianpspurs posting, me, me’s and myself feel for you, I don’t do politics or religion so no prayers, I shall just hope for a successful recovery.
@gennepher this morning I showed your art work today to Mrs J who thought it is really good as do I.
@Krystyna23040 McDonalds koffy used to be absolute rubbish in my humble or not so humble opinion, but now it is very different, in the motorcycle world we called Mackey D’s another name used up’t in the dark and dangerous norf McSlashes because the toilets were always very clean and a useful meeting point.
Stay safe all and always look on the bright side of life, easy to say difficult to do.
@alf_Josiah you are right - McDonald's coffee was surprisingly good. I hadn't expected that.
McDonalds was really clean and light and airy. I hadn't been in one since the children were small - many many years ago.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Actually, the bone biopsy was less painful than I imagined. Laying still on my back for 4 hrs afterwards was "interesting"
Glad the bone biopsy wasn't as painful as it sounds. Laying still on your back for 4 hours afterwards would definitely have been 'interesting'

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning@ianpspurs. Just to send empathy and prayers for your pain and concerns. I had my blood test on Wednesday. A follow up message from the GP the next day asked me to make an appointment with the practice nurse re my diabetes. As expected my HbA1c has shot up to 79, the highest it's ever been. The first appointment I could get was 16th May. It will be interesting to discover next steps. Best wishes and take care. :)
(PS: I take Amitriptyline for my lower back pain and Gabapentin for my trigeminal neuralgia and the combination seems to help. I take them both in the evening as they both can cause drowsiness.)
Hope that your HCPs can discover the reason for your high HbA1c

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First Aid course was surprising tiring but really informative. The instructor was very good but I think that totally concentrating for 6 hours really 'fried ' my brain.
The boiler engineer didn't turn up. New appointment made for tomorrow morning.
Mr K and the dogs picked me up and we had dinner at my favourite pub opposite where I run my classes in Norwich. Food was delicious and it was so relaxing after all that concentration.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@alf_Josiah you are right - McDonald's coffee was surprisingly good. I hadn't expected that.
McDonalds was really clean and light and airy. I hadn't been in one since the children were small - many many years ago.
So NOT. a coffee person ...but

I do sometimes like the smell and actually fancy one

A morning treat pre DX was a McDonald's muffin with coffee
Think we had vouchers and got both for £1.99.

Having had Starbucks etc with Lauren at £3-£4 a cup I knew what coffee was meant to taste like, and what it should cost

McDonald's was on a par, for me.

Must be not paying tax that makes Starbucks so much more expensive. ?

Whodda thunk it.:rolleyes:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I went to bed in the early hours because I was sorting something out.
I thought I would have a sleep in, but when I opened my eyes around 2am, I realised there was a black shadow on the swing. Shadow or BBCat? They'll have to wait until daylight. But because I was aware there was a cat on the swing, every time my sleep was shallow, I opened my eyes to check it. 4 am came and with it a bit of daylight. I could see it was Shadow. Went out to feed her, and she was very affectionate.

Shadow had her fill and left. Mr Magpie was next, and spent the next 7 minutes sounding a very loud alarm call. I am sure the neighbours loved that. I could see him aggressively opening and shutting his beak so I put my hearing processor on. Mr Magpie was very nervous, but took one mouthful wet food.

Then the reason for Mr Magpie's nervousness appeared, BBCat. And he polished off the diner bowls. So a refill is now needed. And I need a sleep....

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of some buttercups that have just come out.

Now Mr Heffalump is partaking of his peanuts. Mr Magpie just came back, and tried to get Mr Heffalump to move off the bird table by flying at him, but the Heffalump steadfastly refused to move...Mr Magpie was not happy.

Oh, and yesterday, Ginger #2 was slowly enjoying his food, when suddenly Ginger #2 looked up in shock and realised Mr Magpie had walked up to the cat biscuit bowl next to him. Magpie and Ginger stared at each other, and Ginger #2 looked away first and went back to eating the wet cat food. And Mr Magpie picked up a pile of biscuits and flew off.

Enjoy your day...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a miserable start to the day here daaan saaaf in the county of Berks and Fools. I am working my way towards Southampton - what fun, catching up with old friends that I have not seen for a while and hopefully a relative. Having not travelled much during the past couple of years, the driving bit is quite tiring but thank goodness for cruise control. I once had such a device on my BMW 1200 motorcycle - which was interesting. Today is a day of resting up and hopefully sitting in some sunshine should the sun diene to make an appearance.
Art bit - another tree. I am assured that today is Tuesday so enjoy it while you can, this one will not pass your way again. Must finish my tea and then hunt down some koffy.

upload_2022-5-10_6-20-57.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I went to bed in the early hours because I was sorting something out.
I thought I would have a sleep in, but when I opened my eyes around 2am, I realised there was a black shadow on the swing. Shadow or BBCat? They'll have to wait until daylight. But because I was aware there was a cat on the swing, every time my sleep was shallow, I opened my eyes to check it. 4 am came and with it a bit of daylight. I could see it was Shadow. Went out to feed her, and she was very affectionate.

Shadow had her fill and left. Mr Magpie was next, and spent the next 7 minutes sounding a very loud alarm call. I am sure the neighbours loved that. I could see him aggressively opening and shutting his beak so I out my hearing processor on. Mr Magpie was very nervous, but took one mouthful wet food.

Then the reason for Mr Magpie's nervousness appeared, BBCat. And he polished off the diner bowls. So a refill is now needed. And I need a sleep....

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of some buttercups that have just come out.

Now Mr Heffalump is partaking of his peanuts. Mr Magpie just came back, and tried to get Mr Heffalump to move off the bird table by flying at him, but the Heffalump steadfastly refused to move...Mr Magpie was not happy.

Oh, and yesterday, Ginger #2 was slowly enjoying his food, when suddenly Ginger #2 looked up in shock and realised Mr Magpie had walked up to the cat biscuit bowl next to him. Magpie and Ginger stared at each other, and Ginger #2 looked away first and went back to eating the wet cat food. And Mr Magpie picked up a pile of biscuits and flew off.

Enjoy your day...

View attachment 54491
Beautiful golden colours of the buttercups and quite a bit of detail - do you like butter? Enjoy your day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a miserable start to the day here daaan saaaf in the county of Berks and Fools. I am working my way towards Southampton - what fun, catching up with old friends that I have not seen for a while and hopefully a relative. Having not travelled much during the past couple of years, the driving bit is quite tiring but thank goodness for cruise control. I once had such a device on my BMW 1200 motorcycle - which was interesting. Today is a day of resting up and hopefully sitting in some sunshine should the sun diene to make an appearance.
Art bit - another tree. I am assured that today is Tuesday so enjoy it while you can, this one will not pass your way again. Must finish my tea and then hunt down some koffy.

View attachment 54492
Sounds a great trip @dunelm
I am loving these trees, the detail, and I like these black leaves...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful golden colours of the buttercups and quite a bit of detail - do you like butter? Enjoy your day.
Thanks @dunelm
It was quite hard to position the iPad to get that detail...the previous 29 tries were failures, and that was the last one before I was going to give up!

Reactions: dunelm