Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Double dose???? I would assume hopefully by now you figured out you need to eat extra today and hopefully you have a cgm with alerts for the night. You need to keep a close eye on your BG levels. I think Levemir is only 24 hours acting time. You might look it up to make sure. So the lesser dose would depend if there is an overlap in dosing.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi everyone and have a good day.

@Fairygodmother I think because you were a bit nervous.

Hope you feel better by now :)
Thank you, I am feeling better.
The cause of the lows was revealed when I did the evening Levemir dose: and extra 0.5 on the morning dose. I’d reduced doses as warmer temperatures arrived and, maybe because there was a lot going on, my brain reverted to old memory yesterday morning.
Poor husband had a dental appointment yesterday too, also for implants, and had to have a post dug out of his jaw. It had embedded well but his jaw was shrinking away from it in the upper quadrant.
Lucky we have soup making down to a fine art chez FG.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi,

I usually take my levemir in the morning.

today as usual I had it in the morning and I just had another dose of levemir before dinner (same amount :( ) .
What should I do tomorrow?.

Should I skip it or take small amount of tomorrow's dose
I hope you’ve made it through the night ok! Let us know! Please.
Levemir is usually taken in split doses, which enables us to give a different amount for the night and the day. Very useful. However, if you’ve been used to having one dose to cover 24 hours you may have inadvertently loaded too much insulin. Did you have any hypos, are you ok this morning?
I take 21 units over 24 hours split into a morning dose of 11 units and an evening dose of 10 units. The doses can vary with the time of year so I keep an eye on the way my bloods behave and adjust the doses if needed.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much @Marie 2 and @Fairygodmother
Yes, double dose is terrible experience.

I sat the alarm for man mobile so I can keep an eye on the bg.

Next to me Coca Cola :D

Now bg is ok and hope thing will get better.

p.s.

I skipped my basal this morning :)

Thanks again:)

Reactions: Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Woohoo!!!! Last A1c was 30 (4.9). Lol......I expected it to be higher than my normal 32-34 (5.1-5.3) because I have been having irregular DP trends that I haven't been able to set up a basal rate because on for 2 days, off for 3, on for 4, off by.......but I also have been trending low for the last month and have reduced my basal by 2 units. But I have also started using Afrezza a lot which has made life easier. But I wasn't trying, in fact I feel like I have gotten more nonchalant.

We'll see what my endo says, she has never commented I have had too low of an A1c because I have a Dexcom that shows my TIR as being between 97-99%. But sometimes they don't like it under 31 or (5%) here. But my TIR is holding at 97% with 1-2% of that being high and they don't like lows so it should be okay.

I had wanted to be under 31 (5%) one of these days so I am happy. I really don't care to try to stay there, if I do, fine, but if not, it's fine too. I just wanted it one time!!!!! And when I was not trying anything special it made it easy!

RoughcutAU

Woohoo!!!! Last A1c was 30 (4.9). Lol......I expected it to be higher than my normal 32-34 (5.1-5.3) because I have been having irregular DP trends that I haven't been able to set up a basal rate because on for 2 days, off for 3, on for 4, off by.......but I also have been trending low for the last month and have reduced my basal by 2 units. But I have also started using Afrezza a lot which has made life easier. But I wasn't trying, in fact I feel like I have gotten more nonchalant.

We'll see what my endo says, she has never commented I have had too low of an A1c because I have a Dexcom that shows my TIR as being between 97-99%. But sometimes they don't like it under 31 or (5%) here. But my TIR is holding at 97% with 1-2% of that being high and they don't like lows so it should be okay.

I had wanted to be under 31 (5%) one of these days so I am happy. I really don't care to try to stay there, if I do, fine, but if not, it's fine too. I just wanted it one time!!!!! And when I was not trying anything special it made it easy!

Wow! Thats an amazing result! Well done.

My endo flips at my A1C at 40 though i don’t have flash/cgm and just rely on my finger pricks which are only rarely out of range.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@RoughcutAU Thank you! A 40 A1c is doing great! A cgm does make it a lot easier. Before a cgm I was usually around a 44 (6.2). I dropped my A1c when I got my first Libre and then dropped more with a Dexcom that had alerts and calibrations.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done @Marie 2 a fabulous result. I was pleased with my last one of 41. It has gone down each year since using a cgm, and dropped 2 since using Libre with alarms. The technology is a no brainer in my opinion.
To top it all I am not ultra low carb. Even eating things like rice and pizza at the weekends. TIR is the important bit these days, set at 4.5-8.5 it is mainly in the 90+% range with rare hypos.

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

That is great results

CGM is a great tool.

Btw, question to people here in the UK, does the nhs provides you with an insulin pump, or do we have to self-fund it?

Thanks you

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

That is great results

CGM is a great tool.

Btw, question to people here in the UK, does the nhs provides you with an insulin pump, or do we have to self-fund it?

Thanks you
If You meet the NICE guidelines your consultant can put you on the pump . . . though it can sometimes be a bit of a postcode lottery.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last day of wearing 3 sensors. Cannot wait to be back to one with alarms. Have really missed my Libre 2. My TIR has been nowhere near as good without it. Loving the little Libre 3s though. Have no idea what is happening with them (blind test)but they are so discreet you totally forget they are there.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves from the sofa whilst contemplating the day's activities and being utterly confused about the days of the Bank Holidays this week. Well, confused in that my brain wants today to be one.

I had a lovely day away from my organ bench yesterday and for the first time since 2019 went out of my city to another city to go to other churches. Friends in both of them were delightfully welcoming and pleased to see me! (Always a bonus.)

I've also been catching up on all kinds of things I've been putting off, so new glasses will be collected next Saturday, new clothes have been purchased, letter written post clinic's late, rushed, and by the end farcical tick box phone conversation (Do not grumble at me you have no data in front of you to help you solve my query, then dodge my request for a Libre to help you get that data.) Still, I didn't have to send their letter back this time for inaccurate recording of what I'd said.

The latter was probably helped along by my sheer frustration with a student who had an appointment to get one, then said student refused to go as it was favourite dinner day at college. (There's far, far more to it than that, but that was the presenting excuse.) I was suitably professional and calm with student, but my deeply sympathetic immediate colleagues were treated to a massive 5 minutes diatribe on the iniquities of various injustices once all students had vacated the premises for the duration.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So my visit with my endo went well. I have been having more issues with pod failures and wanted to try Novolog in my Omnipod to see if it works better. There is a whole blog on people that had issues with Humalog in the Omnipods and switching to Novolog cleared it up. She thinks I won't like it as well as I am a little bit of control freak (she said it much more diplomatically) and she said it's a little slower acting..................she is right about that lol, I am sort of a control freak about my BG levels!!!! So I told her I might be contacting her about a higher amount of an Afrezza script. I am using my Humalog in my Omnipod and Afrezza and I love being able to use both. But if the Novolog works better in my pods, but it's slower, I might just use it mostly for basal where it doesn't matter as much and use mostly Afrezza for bolusing.

I was also wondering what she would say about my 30 (4.9%) A1C. She wasn't even going to mention it. I brought it up and she said she thinks it's because of using the Afrezza more. That's very possible and for some reason my needed basal rate has dropped too.