What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bloods in the bonds 007.

Not keen to come down it seems.

Have invite to a zoom T2D group with my surgery/area

Might be good for me at moment
Worried I'll just be a bad influence like I was at Desmond's and talk too much about non medicinal ways we can help ourselves

We'll see

Physio at hospital tomorrow.
Stressing out about it

Have 2 sets of physio exercises from two hospitals to do .
And the PTSD is beginning to occupy a lot of time, into the mission creep most projects get to.

But I've got LOTS of time, just never enough of it :rolleyes:

One exercise.
Sit on chair. Extend leg and hold

Did...ouch
But persevered.
Probably shouldn't have

.knee has been painful ever since
Feel like lower leg is a stump
And pressure on knee is like resting on glass :arghh:
Taking that pressure off knee is like pulling that glass out :arghh::arghh:

Walking more difficult.

Consequently all exercise is noticeably more sore :rolleyes:.(thank you SO much, psychosomatic illnesses ;):bag:)

Shoulder exercises make repeat days harder
And any exercise on hand inflames the wrist, which makes the hand almost useless next day or two.

IF I can get to appointment, gonna be straight

A bit of me is hoping I get sent for x-ray to check all is ok :sorry:.

As each trip out, is such a rarity,
I usually try to turn it into a Johnsons works meet., Without the fight,. Red wine up the walls and endless vomitting, obv.

WAS looking forward to meeting nephews for beer etc highlight of my month, really ..
Sod all else happens.

But might have to cancel :banghead:

I'll see what tomorrow brings, as mum used to say, god bless her :happy:

Adios amigos.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1
High, but I had an allergic reaction yesterday.

Midnight was on the swing at dawn for breakfast.

Still no sign of Shadow.

Midnight fed and now he is swinging on the large wooden swing.

Little Miss (baby sparrow), yesterday was doing her best Pink Panther Peter Sellers interpretation all through the grass and wild flowers, not caring about any cats in the garden. Mrs Bluetit came and checked on Little Miss each time she came in for food. And showed Little Miss where to search for interesting stuff. Mrs Bluetit must be reciprocating the care the sparrows took of her last year when she was orphaned when my horrible neighbour cut down my trees and bushes without my permission (which were not growing over on his property),

Her Daddy and Mummy are still trying to drive Little Miss away from their space. But like all recalcitrant difficult teenagers (which she is by now), Little Miss has no intention in leaving this excellent feeding ground. And has an ally in Mrs Bluetit...

The top of my left hand either got an insect bite (I can't see anything obvious), or I brushed it against something toxic, and it went all itchy for a few hours, and the suddenly started swelling badly, just the skin on the top of my hand. And I went very tired. I took an antihistamine but it carried on swelling, and so the only thing I could think of was lavender essential oil. So I poured some on neat. It stopped the swelling, and it started to go down. I had ice on it in the night and took ibuprofen. That helped a bit. It has not quite gone down completely, but I wish I knew what it was.

Creative today is some roses in my front garden. J's roses, in Laboscope as a kaleidoscope.

Like a bad penny, little Miss has just come back for her breakfast and another day of stuffing her face....

Dare I say, time for a hot cuppa....

E5388640-A4A4-4AC9-A2DE-90B98FA6B909.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bloods in the bonds 007.

Worried I'll just be a bad influence like I was at Desmond's and talk too much about non medicinal ways we can help ourselves

We'll see

Stressing out about it

And the PTSD is beginning to occupy a lot of time, into the mission creep most projects get to.

One exercise.

Did...ouch
But persevered.
Probably shouldn't have

Walking more difficult.

Consequently all exercise is noticeably more sore :rolleyes:.(thank you SO much, psychosomatic illnesses ;):bag:)

And any exercise on hand inflames the wrist, which makes the hand almost useless next day or two.

I usually try to turn it into a Johnsons works meet., Without the fight,. Red wine up the walls and endless vomitting, obv.

WAS looking forward to meeting nephews for beer etc highlight of my month, really ..
Sod all else happens.

Adios amigos.
Loads of gentle hugs for all that ongoing pushing through what seems an immense effort for no apparent gain apart from more pain @jjraak
It most certainly is not easy today to see any positives in this effort.
But at some point you will look back and realise and acknowledge the effort and struggle to get you mobile again.
Take care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Going by bus to the dentist in Norwich shortly.

When I get back I am getting in touch with the IT company who looks after my computers because I changed the password of office 365 and now cannot access any of my files on the computer my sister uses when she is working in the office.

It made me think just how ridiculous it is that I feel so stressed about the dentist check up and the computer problems after reading your post @jjraak . Hopefully you do get a physio appointment very soon.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods in the bonds 007.

We'll see

Stressing out about it

One exercise.

Did...ouch
But persevered.
Probably shouldn't have

Walking more difficult.

Sod all else happens.

Adios amigos.
Hope that you get some physio sorted and agree that you probably ought to have an X-ray if that hand is playing you up. Take care

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1
High, but I had an allergic reaction yesterday.

Midnight was on the swing at dawn for breakfast.

Still no sign of Shadow.

Midnight fed and now he is swinging on the large wooden swing.

Little Miss (baby sparrow), yesterday was doing her best Pink Panther Peter Sellers interpretation all through the grass and wild flowers, not caring about any cats in the garden. Mrs Bluetit came and checked on Little Miss each time she came in for food. And showed Little Miss where to search for interesting stuff. Mrs Bluetit must be reciprocating the care the sparrows took of her last year when she was orphaned when my horrible neighbour cut down my trees and bushes without my permission (which were not growing over on his property),

Her Daddy and Mummy are still trying to drive Little Miss away from their space. But like all recalcitrant difficult teenagers (which she is by now), Little Miss has no intention in leaving this excellent feeding ground. And has an ally in Mrs Bluetit...

The top of my left hand either got an insect bite (I can't see anything obvious), or I brushed it against something toxic, and it went all itchy for a few hours, and the suddenly started swelling badly, just the skin on the top of my hand. And I went very tired. I took an antihistamine but it carried on swelling, and so the only thing I could think of was lavender essential oil. So I poured some on neat. It stopped the swelling, and it started to go down. I had ice on it in the night and took ibuprofen. That helped a bit. It has not quite gone down completely, but I wish I knew what it was.

Creative today is some roses in my front garden. J's roses, in Laboscope as a kaleidoscope.

Like a bad penny, little Miss has just come back for her breakfast and another day of stuffing her face....

Dare I say, time for a hot cuppa....

View attachment 54697
Oh dear, hope that there is nothing in your garden to give you an allergic reaction - moocho investigation? Splendid kaleidoscopic roses.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what looks to be another bright and sunny day here in the dark and dangerous north.
My trip in search of the elusive whitebait was not all in vein as we found Whitby dressed crab salad and had to put up with that - oh poor us! Frantic packing going on today - Mrs Miggins is off to Spain with children and grandchildren tomorrow to lay on sun loungers and fry in the sun. Youngest son and family are not going but will be coming here on Thursday to eat cakes and cucumber sandwiches and wear matching hats and gloves and celebrate Mrs Queen.
Art bit - pining for the fjords. Have a glorious Friday if you can. I shall be making koffy and not much else.

upload_2022-5-27_8-44-7.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone from a grey skied Exotic East on Super Salmon Salad day. Should I be extravagant and have whitebait as a starter? I prefer to take the risk of disappointment out of the equation and have mine delivered. Thank you for the art @dunelm - beautiful plumage. Enjoy that cake and time with your son and family. Apparently this Close will be dining al fresco as one, complete with bouncy castles and musac just for Her Maj. Our son (middle) from Southampton and his family will be here for the "jollity" I'm very much a jovial guy by nature as y'all know :D Thank you and have a wonderful weekend yourself @Jojo85. @gennepher thanks for the wildlife story and rose kaleidoscope. I hope the allergic reaction isn't too troublesome and you solve the mystery of the cause. @jjraak gentlest of hugs for that tale of so much effort for so much pain. One of the most useful things I read on here is in someone's signature: tough times don't last, tough people do. This may give you a few minutes of light relief. @Krystyna23040 I hope you can solve the access problem and good relationships can be normalised (puns fully intended). This is one of the saddest things I've read in a very long time. There are days when even the strongest faith is challenged. Have a great whilst safe day everyone but think long and hard about the impact on other people.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Drat darlings, double drat and disaster darlings, disaster. Didn’t wake up till 9:00am ish, things not done and a busy morning is scheduled 10:20 phone appointment, should be fun or not. Then meeting friends for some light exercise followed by lunch which is guaranteed to negate the light exercise.
Bloods were 5.5
After lunch we, all of us me, me’s, myself and Mrs J will attempt to mow the back lawn which resembles a wild meadow, no chance of plinky plonky and woodworking today.
Stay safe all and remember if you can, because I’ve forgotten.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@alf_Josiah are you not following No Mow May? (Too woke for you perhaps?) As for multiple personalities and absurdity: on Wednesday we were sternly lectured on not letting parties get out of hand; on Thursday Dishy needed to give us all money as we can't buy food, heat our homes or use the oven. Apparently next week none of that matters since we need to buy tat/memorabilia drink sparkling wine of dubious quality, consume half raw/burned sausages or other non food, eat carb dense but disgusting - from what I've read- desserts and be superspreaders of covid and or monkey pox. Go figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
27.05 FBG 6.4
26.05 FBG 6.5
25.05 FBG 6.9
The black Restarts have lost 3 fledglings. They appear to have fallen from the nest somewhere high up in the stable. Very sad to find these almost completely feathered little birds dead on the floor. Meanwhile the moles are continuing to make a huge mess in the garden. They are also uprooting various plants, a small Bay tree and numerous vegetables. We were glad of the rain that filled our 1k litre cube, but are now wishing the miserable wet weather would go away. It doesnt help that rhe internet has been down all yesterday and is still only sporadically available. We are wondering if it is sabotage again.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, hope that there is nothing in your garden to give you an allergic reaction - moocho investigation? Splendid kaleidoscopic roses.
There are some plants that give me skin irritation/reaction, but none in my garden currently. When I see them growing, heavy duty gloves on and I get rid of them.

Thanks for the kaleidoscope compliment @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from what looks to be another bright and sunny day here in the dark and dangerous north.
My trip in search of the elusive whitebait was not all in vein as we found Whitby dressed crab salad and had to put up with that - oh poor us! Frantic packing going on today - Mrs Miggins is off to Spain with children and grandchildren tomorrow to lay on sun loungers and fry in the sun. Youngest son and family are not going but will be coming here on Thursday to eat cakes and cucumber sandwiches and wear matching hats and gloves and celebrate Mrs Queen.
Art bit - pining for the fjords. Have a glorious Friday if you can. I shall be making koffy and not much else.

View attachment 54698
Interesting mountains @dunelm
A scale of grandeur....
Enjoy your cakes and cucumber sandwiches next week....

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone from a grey skied Exotic East on Super Salmon Salad day. Should I be extravagant and have whitebait as a starter? I prefer to take the risk of disappointment out of the equation and have mine delivered. Thank you for the art @dunelm - beautiful plumage. Enjoy that cake and time with your son and family. Apparently this Close will be dining al fresco as one, complete with bouncy castles and musac just for Her Maj. Our son (middle) from Southampton and his family will be here for the "jollity" I'm very much a jovial guy by nature as y'all know :D Thank you and have a wonderful weekend yourself @Jojo85. @gennepher thanks for the wildlife story and rose kaleidoscope. I hope the allergic reaction isn't too troublesome and you solve the mystery of the cause. @jjraak gentlest of hugs for that tale of so much effort for so much pain. One of the most useful things I read on here is in someone's signature: tough times don't last, tough people do. This may give you a few minutes of light relief. @Krystyna23040 I hope you can solve the access problem and good relationships can be normalised (puns fully intended). This is one of the saddest things I've read in a very long time. There are days when even the strongest faith is challenged. Have a great but safe day everyone but think long and hard about the impact on other people.
Thanks for the wish and compliments @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@alf_Josiah are you not following No Mow May? (Too woke for you perhaps?) As for multiple personalities and absurdity: on Wednesday we were sternly lectured on not letting parties get out of hand; on Thursday Dishy needed to give us all money as we can't buy food, heat our homes or use the oven. Apparently next week none of that matters since we need to buy tat, drink sparkling wine of dubious quality, consume half raw/burned sausages or other non food, eat carb dense but disgusting - from what I've read- desserts and be superspreaders of covid and or monkey pox. Go figure.
@alf_Josiah @ianpspurs
Oh, I follow No Mow May every month through to the next May. That way all plants and critters get a chance every month of the year...

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An update on today.

Major appreciation for those responding with hugs, encouragement & personal PM's :)

Went.
Didn't want to, but felt it necessary.

Physio saying it needs orthopaedic Doctors who did ops to check & investigate.

But doesn't think it's too serious as pain does ease, though never goes,
which he thinks suggests is not a major malfunction of intermedial nail or bone issues

Appointment made for next week :)

Physio didn't touch for fear of making worse

And in the spirit of treating myself holistically.
Body AND soul.

I did meet with youngest nephew.
A very pleasant afternoon

Home, grilled chicken for dinner.
Feet up, watching TV

Didn't start the best of days, but all in.
Wasn't such a bad one.:D

Thank you all.:happy:

Reactions: dogslife

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good day. Dentist check up went well. Nothing needed doing. The bus was really empty and Norwich was quiet so it was a really relaxing trip.

When I got back I sorted out the Onedrive issue and didn't have to ring the IT people. Perhaps my IT skills are improving.

Reactions: dunelm and dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an early start here in the dark and dangerous north
5am - yes it does exist! Taxi duty to get Mrs Miggins and eldest granddaughter over to daughters house for 6am. They will now be on their way to Newcastle in a two car convoy to catch their flight to sun and swimming pool. Always a villa and self catering. I shall have an excellent quite time of it until youngest son and gang arrive on Thursday. Weeding yesterday with the girl in the bubble who thought that a fishing net was the ideal tool for carrying detritus over to the garden bin.
Art bit - just adding a touch of colour to the last three pieces. Have a wonderful day if you can. My early koffy is now ready.

upload_2022-5-28_6-33-51.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an early start here in the dark and dangerous north
5am - yes it does exist! Taxi duty to get Mrs Miggins and eldest granddaughter over to daughters house for 6am. They will now be on their way to Newcastle in a two car convoy to catch their flight to sun and swimming pool. Always a villa and self catering. I shall have an excellent quite time of it until youngest son and gang arrive on Thursday. Weeding yesterday with the girl in the bubble who thought that a fishing net was the ideal tool for carrying detritus over to the garden bin.
Art bit - just adding a touch of colour to the last three pieces. Have a wonderful day if you can. My early koffy is now ready.

View attachment 54705
Your art is different, since the Fjords @dunelm
I like it.
A lot of detailed sketching work in that...