What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Zoom course is from 10am to 4pm. It looks as though it will be really interesting but I would much rather be going to Sheringham Park today.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. If you are not a lady or gentleman then the world is your oyster, other crustaceans are available if you are picky.
A 5.5 this morning for me, me’s and myself.
I have plans for today, but they are top secret and if I told you we could be looking for patios to plant etc, etc, etc. No pictures.
The NHS attracts a lot of negative criticism, but behind scenes a lot of research is taking place, in a few minutes I have to complete an anti body test and fill in a survey, this is an ongoing study into covid, my guess is the media will never report this type news.
Now I really must go and continue with my secret squirrel doings.
Stay safe all and try and avoid that covid ridden poxy monkey as written in yesterdays Daily Misinformation paper.

Reactions: mojo37

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening

A slow/busy few days

Lauren back from Barbados
Tanned & refreshed :happy:

Our Steph off to turkey, so papa Uber into action

Lauren says no, but it's the one place, sat in the car being useful, where life seems anywhere near normal .. so 'Overruled'..play on

Easy run out, easy run back
Made more simpler by the middle laners who don't seem to get good lane procedures :banghead:

Sitting gloriously alone in lane 2 hugging 65mph grimly, ...because..:rolleyes:

Leaves lane 1 empty and a good gap until the car in front , just how I like it .

Busy week coming up
Monday have an independent expert running the tape over me, assessing how how well/ poorly I am progressing .

A bit nervous, if I'm honest, but positively dancing compared to Wednesdays meet about how to repair the broken leg bone that is not healing :sorry::bag:.

And my PTSD therapy has hit a few snags, more clarity of language then anything disastrous.

"What threats do you feel ... Expand."
And my answers seem to be the wrong ones,
Silly me .:banghead:

Sure we'll work it out

T2D, a doddle by comparison :D

Happy week all.
May the gods look over you
And keep you safe.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening

A slow/busy few days

Lauren says no, but it's the one place, sat in the car being useful, where life seems anywhere near normal .. so 'Overruled'..play on

Made more simpler by the middle laners who don't seem to get good lane procedures :banghead:

Leaves lane 1 empty and a good gap until the car in front , just how I like it .

Busy week coming up
Monday have an independent expert running the tape over me, assessing how how well/ poorly I am progressing .

A bit nervous, if I'm honest, but positively dancing compared to Wednesdays meet about how to repair the broken leg bone that is not healing :sorry::bag:.

And my PTSD therapy has hit a few snags, more clarity of language then anything disastrous.

Sure we'll work it out

Happy week all.
Papa Uber sounds good @jjraak
Good luck for Monday's independent expert..
Hope that goes well.
Language is an obtuse thing to get right with professionals. You can see the connections they are making, and you know they are not the connections you meant....but what are they putting two and two together and making?
Have a great day!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening

A slow/busy few days

Busy week coming up

Sure we'll work it out

Happy week all.
Hope all goes well at your appointment today @jjraak .
The language issue is tricky. I even find sometimes Mr K gets 'the wrong end of the stick' when I say something.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising 4.9 this morning as I spent most of yesterday sitting at the computer on my Zoom course.

The notes for my course were superb. They covered everything the physio was teaching us. So instead of a stressful 5 hours trying frantically to write notes on a very complex subject I was able to relax and let the information sink in. Then we took the dogs out to our little local fen and had a relaxing walk in the evening sunshine. A perfect day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A surprising 4.9 this morning as I spent most of yesterday sitting at the computer on my Zoom course.

The notes for my course were superb. They covered everything the physio was teaching us. So instead of a stressful 5 hours trying frantically to write notes on a very complex subject I was able to relax and let the information sink in. Then we took the dogs out to our little local fen and had a relaxing walk in the evening sunshine. A perfect day.
Brilliant notes before something is amazing @Krystyna23040
It does with me as a deaf person to then even follow what is going on.
So, I can see how those notes would make those 5 hours of zoom (which I would dread) into a very pleasant experience. I am pleased it was a good day instead of a stressful experience.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Yesterday, on Sunday, my AH neighbour, of the Fort Knox Fence and of the Land of Tarmcadam was making noise, a lot of noise for a Sunday. I tried listening to see what it was, because it was disturbing the peace of Midnight and I.

I was seriously ready with some words to say to him, about Sunday being a day of rest, after 6 constant days of intense horrendous noise from him (this was the polite version). Decided to say them, went out to my front garden because that was where the noise seemed to be coming from, and then stopped. What was he doing? Then I realised he might be extending that Fort Knox wood fence, along my front garden, right to the road.

So I turned round, and came in. Waited until the noise finished, then went back out in my garden to investigate. He hasn't finished it yet, but he has put in the post structures for a Fort Knox wood fence along the side of my front garden. I sincerely hope it is as high as the one in the back garden. You know what this means? Privacy in my front garden from him and now I can get J's and Meg's (my hearing dog for the deaf who died in 2016) wooden bench seat back. I used to go out there for a quiet early morning coffee before anyone got up. Please please may he put a high fence up. I would love my privacy back. Going out to check on it now before he gets up. I want to check on the height of those posts, and then I can celebrate if they are as high as I think they are. The fencing goes in between the wooden posts. At least I hope it is as solid a wooden fencing as in in the back garden.

Another celebration today (in a whisper, I am a whole year older than I was last year on this date).

Creative is a photo from this morning, and some digital artwork from some time ago which I put in TinyPlanets and then created a double exposure of these. I am happy with this. I needed a bit of creativity.

Now I have stuff to do. Things to achieve today (which is going to be getting those cardboard boxes out and throwing all my stuff in them, and throwing them in the garage, so I can get on with writing and gardening, and finding availabilities of parking space somewhere for next week).

Have a great day.

418D599E-DA8D-4D1B-A809-7E4705B31D83.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Yesterday, on Sunday, my AH neighbour, of the Fort Knox Fence and of the Land of Tarmcadam was making noise, a lot of noise for a Sunday. I tried listening to see what it was, because it was disturbing the peace of Midnight and I.

I was seriously ready with some words to say to him, about Sunday being a day of rest, after 6 constant days of intense horrendous noise from him (this was the polite version). Decided to say them, went out to my front garden because that was where the noise seemed to be coming from, and then stopped. What was he doing? Then I realised he might be extending that Fort Knox wood fence, along my front garden, right to the road.

So I turned round, and came in. Waited until the noise finished, then went back out in my garden to investigate. He hasn't finished it yet, but he has put in the post structures for a Fort Knox wood fence along the side of my front garden. I sincerely hope it is as high as the one in the back garden. You know what this means? Privacy in my front garden from him and now I can get J's and Meg's (my hearing dog for the deaf who died in 2016) wooden bench seat back. I used to go out there for a quiet early morning coffee before anyone got up. Please please may he put a high fence up. I would love my privacy back. Going out to check on it now before he gets up. I want to check on the height of those posts, and then I can celebrate if they are as high as I think they are. The fencing goes in between the wooden posts. At least I hope it is as solid a wooden fencing as in in the back garden.

Another celebration today (in a whisper, I am a whole year older than I was last year on this date).

Creative is a photo from this morning, and some digital artwork from some time ago which I put in TinyPlanets and then created a double exposure of these. I am happy with this. I needed a bit of creativity.

Now I have stuff to do. Things to achieve today (which is going to be getting those cardboard boxes out and throwing all my stuff in them, and throwing them in the garage, so I can get on with writing and gardening, and finding availabilities of parking space somewhere for next week).

Have a great day.

View attachment 55293

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY , @gennepher

And let's hope the noise repays itself with a degree of privacy for your bench, once more :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all goes well at your appointment today @jjraak .
The language issue is tricky. I even find sometimes Mr K gets 'the wrong end of the stick' when I say something.
Gave a funny...cos I've been there too ;):hilarious:

But agree.

It's just to get me to vocalise and confront my own issues, but the wording is wrong.

Conversation leading up was what / how do I cope with any flashbacks. & Describe those moments and how they make you feel

A van passing close, can make me feel threatened ....wrong answer :sorry:

Sure we can work it out, I believe we are just coming at it from different ends

An analogy.

Reality: before it was like the world was one big solid frozen lake

I trusted it to support me

But now I know how quickly It can give way, leaving me trapped under the ice, looking for a way out.

That trust has been broken.

I see cracks in many places
I now know the thickness of the ice is wafer thin in parts.

That childish belief & faith has evaporated

I now tread more carefully.

Each day getting more confident, but doubt that my questioning, "is this bit really safe" will ever truly fade .

That's how I see ' reality ' .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That is brilliant news

Had to do many write ups for what I was trying to pass on to others while taking a group for training.

Surprising that what ends up being a few pages, that possibly would take a half hour, hours tops to write....

Actually can take days, having reread and clarify, adapting and emphasising/de emphasising words/phrases/tones.

A sign for you that someone leading your course understood their brief very well.:happy:

Sounds like a lovely day was had x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I now tread more carefully.

Each day getting more confident, but doubt that my questioning, "is this bit really safe" will ever truly fade .

That's how I see ' reality ' .

In my experience @jjraak I would call that 'being aware' of my surroundings, the situation, or whatever. I can also call that 'shadow boxing', so I don't perceive it as a negative but see it as being mentally prepared in case of...

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, there that’s started the day nicely…..I think?
Bloods this morning were 6.8, all I can equate this to is crème fresh in the very nice dinner last night, but 6.8 is well within my hospital given limits.
A special mention for our @gennepher on her birthday today, may your day be filled with tea and koffy and special treats and many thanks for sharing for artwork. That’s a lot of and’s.
My day is spoken for, listening to Mrs J giving orders, wood shopping and planters to design, an awkward shape is demanded. Yes that’s correct demanded by Mrs J.
Stay safe all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. I sincerely wish you all experience the same joy I find from the recent weather when your ideal conditions arrive. Huge "explosions" here last night, before midnight, but did need to check our calendars. Happy birthday @gennepher, let's hope the fence is as high as you wish. Robert Frost had it right - ‘Good fences make good neighbors.’. Thank you for the creative. My, but you have a busy day ahead. @jjraak I hope today goes well, hence the hug. As for PTSD, to me the frozen lake analogy is totally lucid and reasonable. Also, surely if that is how you feel it is the only possible right answer. @Krystyna23040 the fbg is wonderful and the zoom course sounds exactly how I imagine one you would run. My day will be spent helping JKP mind some grandchildren and dealing with the great known unknowns of when someone may deign to deal with the Elephant in my room whilst trying to navigate a path through the need to eat and drink something helpful/healthy so I live long enough and well enough to maximise the benefits of those events. I am just one of thousands marooned in the interregnum between the current nonsense of UK PLC and repairing the damage. The last paragraph here highlights a famous Martin Luther King JR saying - the fierce urgency of now. (A3 poster on all my classrooms) Y’all come back real soon now, ya’hear?.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, there that’s started the day nicely…..I think?
Bloods this morning were 6.8, all I can equate this to is crème fresh in the very nice dinner last night, but 6.8 is well within my hospital given limits.
A special mention for our @gennepher on her birthday today, may your day be filled with tea and koffy and special treats and many thanks for sharing for artwork. That’s a lot of and’s.
My day is spoken for, listening to Mrs J giving orders, wood shopping and planters to design, an awkward shape is demanded. Yes that’s correct demanded by Mrs J.
Stay safe all.
Thank you @alf_Josiah
I have a wee little key lime pie in the fridge for my birthday cake...
You have a good day!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. I sincerely wish you all experience the same joy I find from the recent weather when your ideal conditions arrive. Huge "explosions" here last night, before midnight, but did need to check our calendars. Happy birthday @gennepher, let's hope the fence is as high as you wish. Robert Frost had it right - ‘Good fences make good neighbors.’. Thank you for the creative. My, but you have a busy day ahead. @jjraak I hope today goes well, hence the hug. As for PTSD to me the frozen lake analogy is totally lucid and reasonable. Also, surely if that is how you feel it is the only possible right answer. @Krystyna23040 the fbg is wonderful and the zoom course sounds exactly how I imagine one you would run. My day will be spent helping JKP mind some grandchildren and dealing with the great known unknowns of when someone may deign to deal with the Elephant in my room whilst trying to navigate a path through the need to eat and drink something helpful/healthy so I live long enough and well enough to maximise the benefits of those events. I am just one of thousands marooned in the interregnum between the current nonsense of UK PLC and repairing the damage. The last paragraph here highlights a famous Martin Luther King JR saying - the fierce urgency of now. (A3 poster on all my classrooms) Y’all come back real soon now, ya’hear?.
Thank you @ianpspurs :happy:
That is a perfect poem!
I want a high fence between me and him....
You have a good day!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs :happy:
That is a perfect poem!
I want a high fence between me and him....
You have a good day!
Key lime pie - great idea for a treat. I think my Food Fairy JKP could adapt this one . We can make a base using flaxseed, butter and inulin. Just found this idea for condensed milk substitute - sweetener is tricky as I detest erythritol. I'm still eating small slices of the LC/keto chocolate cake from my birthday on June 19. Food Fairy and granddaughter had a great time making that.

Last edited: