What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The sun appearing makes a heck of a lot of difference to how how I feel!
@Lamont D

Indeed, on a sunny day I enjoy accomplishing more and my BG is well controlled!

It's been less painful today maybe something to do with the warmer weather and seeing the sun???
We're volunteers at our local nature reserve. I find focusing on nature and wildlife can alleviate tension and stress. Exercise can also do this, but it's even more effective when you're outside, particularly in sunshine. The next best thing is a south-facing window lit by a sun beam.

II's all tied up with neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Exposure to sunlight raises the levels of these mood enhancers and regular access to green spaces, especially when bathed in sunshine, has been linked to lower risks of depression and improved concentration.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
The Badger the Fox & the Cat
41 secs

Creative...quick one line squiggle sketch of a lady walking her dog.

Have your best day.

Time for a cuppa...

IMG_6846.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on what is promised to be an overcast yet unprecipitous day here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s veterans breakfast club this morning and then a wander round the farmers market. I just wonder how many farmers participate. Still, no Tibetan prayer bowls like you find at Christmas markets - what’s that all about? We usually just fill up on some very good sourdough which I slice and freeze and stock up on kimchi which, although readily available is shops, is made locally here by a Korean woman so hopefully containing more good gut bacteria food. There may also be a scotch egg or two as we have salad things to use up this weekend. Art bit - slightly flatter, must try harder. Hope your day includes you. I had better make some koffy.

1712992217165.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. I got so much done yesterday but no time to catch up with posts. Today another non stop day but hopefully will do a bit of a catch up before I leave for classes.

It felt so good yesterday to get the work done and l actually didn't feel tired.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice work on the picture

A thousand words & all that.

Can be hard to find the right one that expresses what you want to say

Bonus points for non copyright issues.
Yes , you are so right. The picture told the story much better than a thousand words. Sometimes I spend hours trying to find the perfect picture and never find it - so I was really pleased to find this one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from L.A. on a good enough day to have the back door open to let the dogs go in and out freely. No known fbg. Last few hours of operation keep JKP unaware of the gathering and meal for her 70th next Friday. She is still not aware - the wonders of modern communication. Had to be today so all 3 boys and grandchildren could be together. Good to see Derek back as many of us have said in the return thread. @dunelm enjoy the breakfast and market. Thanks for the art. There are areas like that on the outskirts of Cambridge - the Gogs - quite upmarket not for the JAMS. @gennepher thanks for another splendid sketch - reminds me somewhat of Tony Hart hope you don't see that as an insult. Enjoy Saturday as much as you can. .

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone on what is promised to be an overcast yet unprecipitous day here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s veterans breakfast club this morning and then a wander round the farmers market. I just wonder how many farmers participate. Still, no Tibetan prayer bowls like you find at Christmas markets - what’s that all about? We usually just fill up on some very good sourdough which I slice and freeze and stock up on kimchi which, although readily available is shops, is made locally here by a Korean woman so hopefully containing more good gut bacteria food. There may also be a scotch egg or two as we have salad things to use up this weekend. Art bit - slightly flatter, must try harder. Hope your day includes you. I had better make some koffy.

View attachment 67160
Artwork - Fantastic. This may well be the best one yet.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 at 05.30 - didn't get to bed until just after 01.00 so expected to have to get up by 04.30 - an extra hour, so that was good. BP was a bit more reasonable as well - 145/70. Unfortunately the new tablets work by making blood vessels expand to reduce the pressure on them. This causers headaches but maybe I can get used to it.

We have radiators! The one in the kitchen actually works as well. Not so good in the other rooms so the plumbers will have to have a look at that on Monday when they come back. They are still waiting for a radiator to arrive for the lounge - it goes under a long, low window so is not a standard size.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from L.A. on a good enough day to have the back door open to let the dogs go in and out freely. No known fbg. Last few hours of operation keep JKP unaware of the gathering and meal for her 70th next Friday. She is still not aware - the wonders of modern communication. Had to be today so all 3 boys and grandchildren could be together. Good to see Derek back as many of us have said in the return thread. @dunelm enjoy the breakfast and market. Thanks for the art. There are areas like that on the outskirts of Cambridge - the Gogs - quite upmarket not for the JAMS. @gennepher thanks for another splendid sketch - reminds me somewhat of Tony Hart hope you don't see that as an insult. Enjoy Saturday as much as you can. .
Thank you @ianpspurs. I thought that Gog and Magog were members of the pop group Genesis.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 at 05.30 - didn't get to bed until just after 01.00 so expected to have to get up by 04.30 - an extra hour, so that was good. BP was a bit more reasonable as well - 145/70. Unfortunately the new tablets work by making blood vessels expand to reduce the pressure on them. This causers headaches but maybe I can get used to it.

We have radiators! The one in the kitchen actually works as well. Not so good in the other rooms so the plumbers will have to have a look at that on Monday when they come back. They are still waiting for a radiator to arrive for the lounge - it goes under a long, low window so is not a standard size.
Hooray! Huddle in the kitchen.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We're volunteers at our local nature reserve. I find focusing on nature and wildlife can alleviate tension and stress. Exercise can also do this, but it's even more effective when you're outside, particularly in sunshine. The next best thing is a south-facing window lit by a sun beam.

II's all tied up with neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Exposure to sunlight raises the levels of these mood enhancers and regular access to green spaces, especially when bathed in sunshine, has been linked to lower risks of depression and improved concentration.
Totally agree.
My back garden is facing West (ish) and from mid morning to sunset, the sun (when it does) shines into it.
And with the footie pitches, I have some great stargazing, when it is clear.
I have even discussed with my doctor about Seasonal Adjustment Disorder.
just to see if I could get a grip abroad on the NHS. Ha!
Wasn't having it!
I know I feel better i f the sun is out.
And it is no surprise that my mood has lifted since earlier in the year.