Bad information !

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
Unfortunately Mo I can not see the pic, but I can guess :(:mad:, I work in a sports centre and know there attitude on diet

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is it a guessing game Mo?:D

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Love the new layout but just wish I could operate it lol !

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Are you trying to post a link or something, if so it's just the same as before if I'm not mistaken.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well, I couldn't do it before either lol ! I got a pic but I can't manage to post it ! Oh well, sausage fingers !!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
forum.jpg

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Think I've cracked it. This was part of a poster in a gym. Look at the dietary advice in "Lifestyle" !

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cleaver clogs:) Is it the first line about eating a diet high in carbs that your referring to, the rest looks spot-on.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Pretty much just advising a high carb diet ! I'm just happy I got the pic up now to be honest !

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's appalling and I hope you have asked them to correct this advice which as you know will make most diabetics worse. I'm lucky as my gym has at least some enlightened staff and the most recent Newsletter talked about Carbs being the problem and not Fat if trying to lose weight.

iHs

The advice should be along the lines of eat sufficient carbohydrate, protein and fat to maintain a healthy bodyweight
and to keep in mind that most types of exercise will usually lower blood glucose levels and so for insulin users, they should test their bg levels before doing any exercise and again at 1hr intervals and to seek guidance from their HCPs on how to manage exercise with food.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha thanks for that post. Perfect for Christmas. I wont feel guilty eating potatoes and christmas cake

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pretty much just advising a high carb diet ! I'm just happy I got the pic up now to be honest !

Yes it doesn't take into consideration if your type 1 or 2 or how you control your diabetes.

I know with exercise I have to carb load or decrease my insulin or do a bit of both depending on duration, if you feel strongly about what they've wrote Mo have a word with the gym management about it, you never know they may change the wording!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I had a chuckle rather than a word to be honest. Sad thing is, it's a Gov't poster. The gym I visited and took pic of poster was on a military installation ! It wouldn't have been so bad if it said a normal diet but to specifically push high carbs is a little scary !

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure they will take it down if you cite RCTs and meta-analyses that prove that a low carb diet can cure diabetes... Oh wait, you just have broscience, anecdotes and quacks selling books to the desperate but too afraid to publish in medical journals.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, Alex, of course you have plenty of RCTs and meta-analyses that prove a high carb diet is efficacious?

Incidentally, most of the published RCTs on various diabetes treatments consist of only a few dozen to a few hundred subjects and a couple of clinicians. Meta-analysis are tricky to conduct properly too. So, I'm not sure small-scale RCTs and meta-analyses will answer the question. I suspect that those that produced this literature will not have the scientific capacity to consider the finer points of RCTs and meta-analyses anyway.

In my opinion, if people find in their experience that low carbing works. Then, that is evidence it works. Clinicians will do well not to ignore patient experience. You too - who, judging by your posting history, are clearly against low carbing - will do well to be less antagonist with your posts and just accept that for some people, it does work. If low carbing is the only way some people can control their diabetes, then good for them, because at least they are controlling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people