Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Brilliantly well done Docssj on your weight loss
good.gif

l agree 100% about lifestyle l call it that. I only use the word diet as an adhoc for instance what's your diet (food) as quicker than what food do you eat and what's your lifestyle is a bit off track.

Is the following link any use for you with your house problems?

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hey all and thanks for your reply I know a lot of people are sayin about low carbs.

however for me it doesn't work and per diabetic nurse and dietician I must keep my carbs min 120
the asthma is work and the situation the reason for the mould and damp is not a easy fix before we moved in the landlord told me the water tank got stolen (there was oil in the house but now gas) I use dehumidifiers and keep the bedroom window open all the time I wont bore yall with how cold it is as now the heating only now seems to work in the living room I wiped of most of the damp and thick black stuff and Tuesday with mould stuff and its just come back worse in the past few days ive 15 asthma attacks and had to be put on a nebuliser.
I suffer PTSD and have be honest mentally in the house I aint doing so good doctor has put me on sick for min of six months I have and keep in contact with lifeline.
one last thing the weight loss ive had is incredible and its due to stop thinkin bout the word DIET and started to see things as a lifestyle change

thanks for listening
love S.J
xxxxx

Hi S.J

Well done on your loss so far - that is excellent :)

I must admit low carbing doesn't work for me either, but using MyFitnessPal I have reduced carbs to the recommended daily allowance. Also, bought myself a Fitbit and introduced lots of walking and I'm hoping this will pay off.

Sorry to hear you've been put on sick for a min of six months - but at least you can concentrate on you and your health - which is the most important thing.

Let us know how your getting on.

Love
Kaz

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey all and hope we all feelin okay .

I on the other hand are not I cant bare to look at myself I measured myself and im at 60inch waist where did I go wrong my blood sugars are so off the chart that I go from 2-4 units of insulin to 18 units of insulin (mealtime injection) I saw the doctor last week and I phoned the diabetic clinic it seems like im doing the right thing but my weight is so **** outta control have been advised against doing the insanity workout maybe tryin slow and steady although I do walk and have major cals burnout most days this time last year I weighed 14 stone 0lb with a waist of 47inch and totally off insulin. which I managed till august till we started trying for a family for which had to go back on insulin
I keep getting stupid chest pains the weight is making me so **** depressed I feel helpless

I was gonna start 1000 daily calories with a miklaya dodds workout dvd its good place as any to start I think I have gotta focus

love

S.J
xx
hi there , do you like riveta try eating 3 with low fat cottage cheese with sliced tomatos for one meal a day youll be suprised how you feel

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Yay well done uve done so well and ova christmas too!!

My husband has lost alot of weight (nearly 5 stone) and he has done it by me reducing portion sizes (find a smaller plate) and he goes to the gym a few times a week. He also sees a personal trainer for half an hour a week to make sure that he is doing the right things and doing them properly. Im still ova weight and because i have major pain issues going to the gym isnt as possible as much as i would like, but my pysio has said to go for a walk for five mins each day, so two and a half each way, and he says that u will find that u are going further and further each day. I know that u said that u walk already but maybe this is something worth trying but for a longer time.

I am so happy for u tho hun, keep up the good work and keep smiling ok?

Big hugs xx

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Have crackerbread not ryvita they are really high carb crackers are 3.8/ crackerbread.... and very yummy :happy:

docssj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
to be honest at my fighting weight now my major dislike has to be ME
hey all im still not doing so good stress levels feel like this **** PTSD is gonna be the end of me and health suffering and im hardly eatin not by choice just not hungry well update on the house situation the housing officer came out and points aren't high but once I get to see a counsellor and nurse writes me a letter hopefully they will boast also environmental health came out the landlord has been served a notice of major things and has 28 days to complete. ive to see a solicitor later today in 4 weeks the house has increased in 100 pound im officially on sick for at least six months from work cue unhappy face :(:( asthma is getting worse ive used a full salbutamol (blue) in a week attacks so frequent and im panic attacks I get anxiety pains in my stomach.

oo crackerbread I had 2 of those just now mmmm im thinkin of tryin snack pot of beans and a few crackerbread oo I cant wait oo now im hungry

thanks for listening
LOVE
S.J

Adele99

hey all im still not doing so good stress levels feel like this **** PTSD is gonna be the end of me and health suffering and im hardly eatin not by choice just not hungry well update on the house situation the housing officer came out and points aren't high but once I get to see a counsellor and nurse writes me a letter hopefully they will boast also environmental health came out the landlord has been served a notice of major things and has 28 days to complete. ive to see a solicitor later today in 4 weeks the house has increased in 100 pound im officially on sick for at least six months from work cue unhappy face :(:( asthma is getting worse ive used a full salbutamol (blue) in a week attacks so frequent and im panic attacks I get anxiety pains in my stomach.

oo crackerbread I had 2 of those just now mmmm im thinkin of tryin snack pot of beans and a few crackerbread oo I cant wait oo now im hungry

thanks for listening
LOVE
S.J

Adele99

Our house is very old so damp used to be a general problem. A damp contractor said drying clothes indoor was adding to the prolbme at the time. Fact there was no heating system at all in the house didn't help. this was about 30 years ago. We bought a dehumidifier and several electric heaters.

When we used the dehumidifier we didn't have the windows open all the time. We were told to get a good airflow thorgh the house twice a day for 30 minutes. Then shut the windows. Get the heating on, and put the dehumidifier into tonr room with heating on and keep the door shut. Fixed our damp problem. Also put in central heating and fixed the window seals.

Hope your LL gets things fixed soon for you.

joancub1975

I on the other hand are not I cant bare to look at myself I measured myself and im at 60inch waist where did I go wrong my blood sugars are so off the chart that I go from 2-4 units of insulin to 18 units of insulin (mealtime injection) I saw the doctor last week and I phoned the diabetic clinic it seems like im doing the right thing but my weight is so **** outta control have been advised against doing the insanity workout maybe tryin slow and steady although I do walk and have major cals burnout most days this time last year I weighed 14 stone 0lb with a waist of 47inch and totally off insulin. which I managed till august till we started trying for a family for which had to go back on insulin
I keep getting stupid chest pains the weight is making me so **** depressed I feel helpless

I was gonna start 1000 daily calories with a miklaya dodds workout dvd its good place as any to start I think I have gotta focus

love

S.J
xx
Hiya docssj, I too was completely out of control with my weight but I saw the nurse at my surgery and she asked if I would like to be referred to Weightwatchers or Slimming World to get some help. I decided to try Slimming World and joined in September last year. I have now lost 2 stone 4 lbs in total, this is not a diet more a change of lifestyle, there isn't anything you can't eat it's just about making healthy choices. I have had my insulin reduced already by my G.P. only by 2 units so far but it's a start. I was nervous about going at first but everyone made me so very welcome that now I look forward to going every Tuesday. I have so much support from all members and have so many new friends too. The first 12 weeks were free with the referral too, a bonus. I hope this helps you to get where you want to be and you find that new healthier you, I know I have. GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE XXX

Ramona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Completely agree, cut out starchy carbs in particular eg, potatoes, rice, pasta bread, pizza etc.

If you can go low carb so much the better, has worked wonders for me.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Do you know anything about environmental allergies,such as mold keeping blood sugars high.I just recently had a pilonidal cyst removed about 6 weeks ago,but I was controlling my sugar with diet and exercise for about 4 years.This is the first winter in this house and since the house has been closed up I am getting sicker.The dr.put me on metformin and I really do not feel well.Could my sugar being high be fighting to keep out something in the air.I have also, been wondering about the drinking water.I cannot afford to move,but I think it is the house.Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I also live in a very damp cottage, if you can afford it running a dehumidifier can help. Vinagar is good to wipe mould away, try to increase the ventilation. I boil my tap water and keep it in the fridge when it's cooled. I have just found I have T2 DB my wife is fine ... So would think it's not a big contributor to sugar levels .. As it's not affecting my wife .. But others my know different ...

FluffyBeing

Type of diabetes
Type 2

love

S.J
xx

I am obese as well. I really think diabetes makes weight loss a challenge. Someone said to look at eating raw foods that will boost energy and metabolism. I decided this month (beginning with the 15th day) I will just drink more water and exercise a half hour a day. I am going to love myself unconditionally through this month as I do think it will help. I hope to see some improvement next month but if I just feel a bit better that is good enough. Next month I might reduce carbs or fats or both. I just try and focus on life style changes mainly. Beating yourself up really doesn't encourage weight loss or I would be razor thin by now.

FluffyBeing

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I also live in a very damp cottage, if you can afford it running a dehumidifier can help. Vinagar is good to wipe mould away, try to increase the ventilation. I boil my tap water and keep it in the fridge when it's cooled. I have just found I have T2 DB my wife is fine ... So would think it's not a big contributor to sugar levels .. As it's not affecting my wife .. But others my know different ...

http://angelbell444.blogspot.com/2012/09/surviving-toxic-black-mold-sickness.html

I came close to dying until I moved, broke my lease and slept on a friends couch. My eyes were beat red. I found out it has a great deal to do with gluten, diabetes, and my immune system as my son did not react as severely as I did. that is my blog about my ordeal.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question: when people say stone what is that?
1 stone = 14 lbs. Stones is a weight measurement used in the UK.

Not quite sure why you have revived this very old thread, but a lot of the people you are replying to no longer post on the forum.

FluffyBeing

Type of diabetes
Type 2
1 stone = 14 lbs. Stones is a weight measurement used in the UK.

Not quite sure why you have revived this very old thread, but a lot of the people you are replying to no longer post on the forum.

Thank you for this response. I am new as of right now...so not sure what is alive and kicking or not.

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is it about low carbing that doesn't work for you?
Your Gp and DSN may not be in the know about low carbs and by advising you to continue to eat carbs are actually not helping you, your BG levels or potentially any weight loss.
This way of eating is a massive lifestyle change for many of us. We all have our trials and tribulations along the way but we continue it as we see the results.
You are the only one that is responsible for you, the medical professionals can only advise you, just as this forum is here for advice . Whether you choose to take medical advice or listen to the people on here who live this lifestyle and know the journey that is ultimately up to you.
However if you read the advice given on here, ask questions when you are confused or don't understand ,you will ultimately take control of your diabetes and your life