WOW the nurse said

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to see the diabetic nurse today for my 6 month check, i knew I had reduced my weight with using the Newcastle diet regime and I knew I had reduced my HbA1c to 40 but I did not know what it was before I came on this site in October.
the nurse was looking at my results and went WOW,I have never had a patient do that before.it was 74 in October and now its 40 she wanted to know how I had done it, i told her I had found this site, carraways thread on the Newcastle diet ,mongoose thread on looking up the research, yorkman ,douglas 99 and furgus for good guidance and so many many others who have helped, and given good cheer, Kevin and mud id, so many people who have been inspirational. I hope nobody will feel left out because you are all brilliant.
The nurse said I am not diabetic any longer, but she would mark me down as at risk due to my family history and she wants to see me in 6 months to check all is well.
I intend to carry on carb control I still have 2st to lose but there is no rush, its a way of life for me now.

Reactions: 34 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure about not being diabetic any longer but well done Christine!!!!!!!!!!:)

Reactions: 3 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I am totally delighted that I have helped inspire someone!

I am standing on the shoulders of many in this group too

Keep up the great work!

Cara

:)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Go for it what an amazing result you deserve a low carb full fat shake or whatever your favorite tipple is nowadays ... Glad we have all been a help to some degree :happy:

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Just wonderful news - all your hard effort has paid off with dividends - hope you don't disappear from here though.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Welcome to the Hotel California (You can check out but you can never leave BWAHAHA!)
Congratulations on the result !

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Fantastic achievement Christine ! You should feel very proud !

C

catherinecherub

I went to see the diabetic nurse today for my 6 month check, i knew I had reduced my weight with using the Newcastle diet regime and I knew I had reduced my HbA1c to 40 but I did not know what it was before I came on this site in October.
the nurse was looking at my results and went WOW,I have never had a patient do that before.it was 74 in October and now its 40 she wanted to know how I had done it, i told her I had found this site, carraways thread on the Newcastle diet ,mongoose thread on looking up the research, yorkman ,douglas 99 and furgus for good guidance and so many many others who have helped, and given good cheer, Kevin and mud id, so many people who have been inspirational. I hope nobody will feel left out because you are all brilliant.
The nurse said I am not diabetic any longer, but she would mark me down as at risk due to my family history and she wants to see me in 6 months to check all is well.
I intend to carry on carb control I still have 2st to lose but there is no rush, its a way of life for me now.[/quo

Hi Christine,

Well done, you must be feeling great.

I am glad she is going to follow up in 6 months time and hope that she is still going to arrange all the essential tests. Your HBA1c is now 5.8 and many of us have HBA1cs in the 5's but we know to be complacent would result in the beast creeping back. Keep up the good work.

CC.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Amazing! Hope you're feeling very proud of yourself :D