Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!!! If one more person tells me to eat more carbs!

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
My son who is type 1 went for his annual checkup the nurse he saw asked him did he need a new meter he told he no he didn't but she kept pushing him to take one so he did it's exactly the same as the one he's using so he passed it on to me so now I have a meter and use his strips so my nurse who I see who wouldn't give me a meter and won't change me onto metformin sr even though I have terrible stomach pains with this one can stick her meter where the sun don't shine

Type 2 diagnosed 2010 1 metformin twice a day

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
My son who is type 1 went for his annual checkup the nurse he saw asked him did he need a new meter he told he no he didn't but she kept pushing him to take one so he did it's exactly the same as the one he's using so he passed it on to me so now I have a meter and use his strips so my nurse who I see who wouldn't give me a meter and won't change me onto metformin sr even though I have terrible stomach pains with this one can stick her meter where the sun don't shine

Type 2 diagnosed 2010 1 metformin twice a day
Good for you!

Tia73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I read the Grain Brain book after my GP told me to read it and my bs levels have been perfect from day one.... After years of being on meds and no one ever telling me carbs even in their whole grain form were still bad... And the whole craving them and sugary stuff.. Not craving anything now!! :)) mostly medical professionals are rubbish but this GP was great :))

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It all depends on how much insulin a type 2 is still producing, how quickly it is being produced and how effective it is. These three unknowns are rarely measured and using a capillary BG meter is like feeling in the dark.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I really don't get the craving for carbs a lot of the lchf seem to suffer from.
I just cut down on calories, ate a balanced diet, lost 4 stone, and have good bs.
If I have no choice, (if I'm out somewhere) I can eat what is available. As a one off, my bs doesn't suffer, and I can stop eating very quickly, when I feel I don't need more, and it tides me over until I can eat "properly"

Reactions: 3 people