• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
I very much doubt she is coeliac Totto but intolerance is common and trying what l suggested over a few days is easier than dashing off in a panic for tests.

They rarely test lactose you have to have very strong symptoms for that will usually tell you do as l suggested. (friends son vomits etc for up to 2 days post dairy product they agreed to test him for lactose but said as he seemed to have such a reaction it was a waste of time he avoids dairy and never had a test)

And gluten for coelic test doesnt often show intolerance.

Going gluten free as much as possible is different to being coelic and having to go without. From what l have seen it is a bit like us lchf people say dont go gluten free. lf it works it works.

And my 2 suggestions were quick and easy to do and common before rushing in a panic to the dr with a google page of illness.

Reactions: 3 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know, MID, but the poor child needs to get her tiredness sorted and I know, wish I didn't, how autoimmunity can hit in several places

Reactions: 4 people

collectingrocks

Collectingrocks mentions ms, please dont even go there as there are a million and one other things that can cause tiredness,i think mentioning serious illnesses to someone with tiredness is a tad silly, as with anything..if worried plz see your gp

That is precisely why I asked NicolaAnne if she was having any other symptoms....to which she said "no".

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to get a lot of things sorted ha! :(
Indeed.

Who was that is so stupid as to make you choose between to have a thyroid test and a celiac test? That was the stupidest thing I have heard all day, both tests are very basic. Neither of them will rule out anything but may confirm.

D

Deleted member 83869

Indeed.

Who was that is so stupid as to make you choose between to have a thyroid test and a celiac test? That was the stupidest thing I have heard all day, both tests are very basic. Neither of them will rule out anything but may confirm.
No need to argue peoples :) i'll just leave it to the medical professionals!:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

and its not stupid she was just trying to help and i appreciate that so no hard feelings!:)

Nicola,

Go away on Friday and enjoy your long weekend.

It may be that you need a change of scenery and you may come back refreshed.

If you are still feeling tired when you come back then make an appointment with your G.P. and discuss it with him. It could be many things but guessing the cause is a waste of time and not necessary.

I hope you have a lovely time.

Take care,

CC.

Reactions: 3 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No need to argue peoples :) i'll just leave it to the medical professionals!:)

No. You need to take control. It is your life. To leave it to the medicals is lazy. And you want to be in control, don't you?

I still think it is really stupid to make you choose between tests or maybe unprofessional rather.

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola,

Go away on Friday and enjoy your long weekend.

It may be that you need a change of scenery and you may come back refreshed.

If you are still feeling tired when you come back then make an appointment with your G.P. and discuss it with him. It could be many things but guessing the cause is a waste of time and not necessary.

I hope you have a lovely time.

Take care,

CC.
Thank you i will do! Im going to go with the eye test and stuff first and see what that comes back with and take it from there, im more interested in my back being sorted out thats the main problem right now :( and you take care too!:) thank you again!

D

Deleted member 83869

No. You need to take control. It is your life. To leave it to the medicals is lazy. And you want to be in control, don't you?

I still think it is really stupid to make you choose between tests or maybe unprofessional rather.
Yes i do want to be in control its just frustrating i guess! But thank you though!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes i do want to be in control its just frustrating i guess! But thank you though!

Part of growing up! You are a woman, not a girl! Get your strength together and do something about it. Be difficult. May take a while to learn how to, but it pays off in the end. Do NOT rely on the professionals but on yourself.

Love
Aunt Totto

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Need more info, it could be low on anything that matters, before looking for complicated answers.

D

Deleted member 83869

Part of growing up! You are a woman, not a girl! Get your strength together and do something about it. Be difficult. May take a while to learn how to, but it pays off in the end. Do NOT rely on the professionals but on yourself.

Love
Aunt Totto
I guess that is true yes i just worry too much! And thank you :) x

collectingrocks

Hi NicolaAnne

CatherineCherub beat me to it...go and have a lovely weekend and forget all your ails for the duration. It may be that the stress of everything may be making things seem worse.

D

Deleted member 83869

Need more info, it could be low on anything that matters, before looking for complicated answers.
For breakfast i have porridge and sometimes go ahead bars, lunch is usually a sandwhich crisps and fruit and dinner is usually whatever my dad/stepmum cooks but its usually something with chips and i dont usually eat the chips because im fed up with them ha!