Tiredness..

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

jobo

Please get checked for anaemia. I have pernicious anaemia and I can't absorb folate. No amount of diet change will help, only injections and infusions. The reason I say this is because every 12 weeks I need treatment, by week 10 I am so exhausted I struggle to stay awake for more than 6 hours a day, I get dizzy, light headed and suffer terrible headaches. It's a really simple blood test and something ruled out if it's not.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

D

Deleted member 83869

Please get checked for anaemia. I have pernicious anaemia and I can't absorb folate. No amount of diet change will help, only injections and infusions. The reason I say this is because every 12 weeks I need treatment, by week 10 I am so exhausted I struggle to stay awake for more than 6 hours a day, I get dizzy, light headed and suffer terrible headaches. It's a really simple blood test and something ruled out if it's not.

That sounds like me! I have terrible migraines!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi Nicola Anne

Before self diagnosing yourself with another disease lets start at basics.

I dont know how long you have been diagnosed or why you (i think) you are using slimfasts... However, from reading this and another posting I would personally start with basics.... Excessive yawning is not necessarily anything to do with tiredness, but can be boredom and literally breathing the same stale air.

Sleeping 8-9 hours is nice to be honest, many people would love to do this, however... Go back to basics.. Are you actually wanting to sleep because you go to bed early because of little to do in your life or staying in bed because really you havent got that much to get up for.

I realise that this sounds a bit harsh, it may be that you do have something else that is affecting you... Most of which can be determined by blood tests, which as a diabetic.. You should be getting quite a large range of blood tests like full blood counts etc done anyway.

Please consider starting of at basics...(i know how tiredness can affect you, I've been there)- but to be honest, mine I believe was due to having very little activitys and stimulation happening to my brain.

My tiredness has literally been cured by thinking more of myself and enjoying fantastic hobbies and having things to do. I had days a few years ago when I found it difficult to do anything because of tiredness.

Now (despite not having my dogs in my life anymore and their walks) The reason I have no dogs now, is because I wouldnt have the right amount of time to dedicate to them. My tiredness has been pretty much eliminated-- unless I am doing too much!!! And that can be resolved by catching up on a couple hours sleep for one night.

It looks as if you are being advised that you may have other diseases... To eliminate these concerns talk to your gp and they could do B12 tests etc.

Please though, consider whether you are eating enough vitamins, food etc in balance first off and look at your life and where you are getting stimulation to actually NOT sleep. Yawning is more likely to be from inactivity, stale air and boredom than anything else.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Is anyone else CONSTANTLY tired like for no reason, I am yawning near enough every couple of minutes and it is driving me insane, it's not my sugars as they have been about 8-10 today :(
YES IM THE SAME, what ive started doing is open the window for a while,what a difference it makes exspecially if the gas fires on.

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi Nicola Anne

Before self diagnosing yourself with another disease lets start at basics.

I dont know how long you have been diagnosed or why you (i think) you are using slimfasts... However, from reading this and another posting I would personally start with basics.... Excessive yawning is not necessarily anything to do with tiredness, but can be boredom and literally breathing the same stale air.

Sleeping 8-9 hours is nice to be honest, many people would love to do this, however... Go back to basics.. Are you actually wanting to sleep because you go to bed early because of little to do in your life or staying in bed because really you havent got that much to get up for.

I realise that this sounds a bit harsh, it may be that you do have something else that is affecting you... Most of which can be determined by blood tests, which as a diabetic.. You should be getting quite a large range of blood tests like full blood counts etc done anyway.

Please consider starting of at basics...(i know how tiredness can affect you, I've been there)- but to be honest, mine I believe was due to having very little activitys and stimulation happening to my brain.

My tiredness has literally been cured by thinking more of myself and enjoying fantastic hobbies and having things to do. I had days a few years ago when I found it difficult to do anything because of tiredness.

Now (despite not having my dogs in my life anymore and their walks) The reason I have no dogs now, is because I wouldnt have the right amount of time to dedicate to them. My tiredness has been pretty much eliminated-- unless I am doing too much!!! And that can be resolved by catching up on a couple hours sleep for one night.

It looks as if you are being advised that you may have other diseases... To eliminate these concerns talk to your gp and they could do B12 tests etc.

Please though, consider whether you are eating enough vitamins, food etc in balance first off and look at your life and where you are getting stimulation to actually NOT sleep. Yawning is more likely to be from inactivity, stale air and boredom than anything else.

I only did slim fast for about a week because I wanted to lose weight but it didnt agree with me so I stopped. And I go to bed around about 10:30 and wake up about 7 to go to work which yes is pretty boring most days but its a job at the end of the day so I cant really complain I guess. I have been diagnosed with depression due to the amount of stress in the home that I am living and I was told that can cause tiredness but I dont see how! Atm I am focusing on coming to the bottom of my migraines and sciatica first :(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Depresion and tiredness do go hand in hand together.

It is good that you do work although not necessarily in a job that you can enthuse about (but who can?).

When I've read your posts I did wonder whether you had depression, but didnt like to ask to be honest. 8-9 hours sleep is as said, not a huge sleep.. That is pretty much a nice length of sleep. Depression comes in many shapes and sizes.... One shape doesn't fit all, but tiredness is one of the biggest symptoms. Don't forget too that drugs can have side effects of tiredness.

You probably won't notice it immediately, but as summer months and longer days occur, then you will find thatt excessive yawning will naturally reduce (and I doubt if you will even notice).

It sounds as if you have enough problems to contend with (sciatica/migraines) without adding to your concerns.

Seriously, it may be worthwhile jyst asking your gp to check your thyroid and B12 functioning out explaining that you just would like reassurance over your tiredness... Then really you ought to look at how to get the "depression" label lifted.

Eveeybody unless physically injured should be able to go to work and come home and have an hour of activity and enjoyment at least....something that they look forward to ie evendoing kids homework with them, or walking dogs, or in my case upholstery. My reasoning on depression (certainly not nhs reasoning) is if you cant say every day that you have had an hours enjoyment and activity then you are not a modern, living human. Years ago, there was wars, coal miners strikes, no xboxes, no kindles etc... Really think is my advice.... Are you really getting at least one full hours enjoyment and activity everyday.. If not, try to...

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Depresion and tiredness do go hand in hand together.

It is good that you do work although not necessarily in a job that you can enthuse about (but who can?).

When I've read your posts I did wonder whether you had depression, but didnt like to ask to be honest. 8-9 hours sleep is as said, not a huge sleep.. That is pretty much a nice length of sleep. Depression comes in many shapes and sizes.... One shape doesn't fit all, but tiredness is one of the biggest symptoms. Don't forget too that drugs can have side effects of tiredness.

You probably won't notice it immediately, but as summer months and longer days occur, then you will find thatt excessive yawning will naturally reduce (and I doubt if you will even notice).

It sounds as if you have enough problems to contend with (sciatica/migraines) without adding to your concerns.

Seriously, it may be worthwhile jyst asking your gp to check your thyroid and B12 functioning out explaining that you just would like reassurance over your tiredness... Then really you ought to look at how to get the "depression" label lifted.

Eveeybody unless physically injured should be able to go to work and come home and have an hour of activity and enjoyment at least....something that they look forward to ie evendoing kids homework with them, or walking dogs, or in my case upholstery. My reasoning on depression (certainly not nhs reasoning) is if you cant say every day that you have had an hours enjoyment and activity then you are not a modern, living human. Years ago, there was wars, coal miners strikes, no xboxes, no kindles etc... Really think is my advice.... Are you really getting at least one full hours enjoyment and activity everyday.. If not, try to...

I haven't got major depression just mild depression apparently because there are causes of why I am depressed and I was put on tablets but I stopped taking them because well they was making me feel "happier" but they wasn't getting rid of my main problems etc plus I was scared that I was going to end up relying on them. As for the sleep it varies really its between 9:30 and 11 really, depending on how engrossed I am in my book! Ha!

Most days I have atleast an hour of enjoyment....until I have to come home as to which I am then ALWAYS unhappy! I hate this house so much, which is the main cause of my depression and no one seems to understand well I dont think they do. My Doctor has tried getting me out of this house but well the council are useless and aren't doing anything.

But first I will try and cut down on all the "bad" foods that I shouldnt really be eating and see if that helps with my tiredness etc and if not then i will take it from there to go to the doctors and request for those tests!!

Thank you though :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ha ha!!

Just another small tip.. Dont change all your foods n cut out everything less healthy in one go... As that can really make you feel low....

Depending on your current eating habits... Depends on how changing foods can affect your mind balace as well as physical weight loss as well. Eg if people have lots of mcdonslds, takeaways, pasties, chips etctbeirbodies will crave fats and carbs in these... And to be honest they will feel miserable somewhere betweenday 1 andday 45 of cutting them out... And they will give up.

Try to find a balance that you are going to be happy with if changing foods and diets etc, as you will probably have to think of foods that trigger migraines as well...

I lived in a caravan for a year (couple years ago)-that was tough, and yet depression wise it was a whole lot better than the previous 3 years living in a beautiful large bungalow!!! I'm glad that you can get out of your house to go to work, if it is your house causing stress.

Has your doctor tested your thyroid and b12 etc to eliminate these causing tiredness. D3 canhugely affect moods and tiredness too, I have large supplements of this everyday and for me its much better thanany anti depressant.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Ha ha!!

Just another small tip.. Dont change all your foods n cut out everything less healthy in one go... As that can really make you feel low....

Depending on your current eating habits... Depends on how changing foods can affect your mind balace as well as physical weight loss as well. Eg if people have lots of mcdonslds, takeaways, pasties, chips etctbeirbodies will crave fats and carbs in these... And to be honest they will feel miserable somewhere betweenday 1 andday 45 of cutting them out... And they will give up.

Try to find a balance that you are going to be happy with if changing foods and diets etc, as you will probably have to think of foods that trigger migraines as well...

I lived in a caravan for a year (couple years ago)-that was tough, and yet depression wise it was a whole lot better than the previous 3 years living in a beautiful large bungalow!!! I'm glad that you can get out of your house to go to work, if it is your house causing stress.

Has your doctor tested your thyroid and b12 etc to eliminate these causing tiredness. D3 canhugely affect moods and tiredness too, I have large supplements of this everyday and for me its much better thanany anti depressant.

I am not going to change my foods too much! Just cut down on the chocolate, fizzy drinks etc and start eating more Veg, and drinking more water! I think it could be my job causing tiredness too though as I woke up this morning tired (obviously) but once I had a shower and was walking to work I felt refreshed, but since being at work for 2 hours I just feel the need to yawn every so often! :( I had a migraine pretty much all weekend! So I think the answer to both the migraines and stress is probably the house I am in now.

I am going to go back to the Doctor's tonight though and make an appointment! :)

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Remind me, when did you have the tests for thyroid, vitamin D, B12 , folate and the other tests suggested in this thread? What did your GP say about the results? Or have you spent close to a month yawning without any action?

D

Deleted member 83869

Remind me, when did you have the tests for thyroid, vitamin D, B12 , folate and the other tests suggested in this thread? What did your GP say about the results? Or have you spent close to a month yawning without any action?
I had a thyroid test before I went on the insulin pump back in October and as far as I know they are fine! and im just constantly putting the tiredness down to depression I guess! and then there's the actual going to the doctors, I am always there for something or the other :/

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be a good idea. But first request a print out of your earlier results.

To take charge you need to get copies of all tests.

Reactions: 2 people