Tiredness..

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Read Grain Brain by dr Pearlmutter. All about gluten since going gluten free made huge diffrence to my hub. Very worth the read and cross ref. to papers etc t back him up. Even if not a coeliac can be intolerant to glutin and hub doesnt bloat since no glutin (& lot other symptoms) if he has gluten ...he can not lie and say he didnt his first symptom is bloat ok so covered by his jerseys etc and "passing wind" no cover
Last night was my worst case of bloating ever I had a glass of skimmed milk about a pint size and I was so bloated I couldn't lay down without feeling uncomfortable and then I woke up at about 4am with terrible stomach pains :(

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Look at lactose intolerance. cut out all milk and milk products. Then try goats milk or soya. Hub is also lactose intolerant l gave him choice soya or goat he pulled a face tried goats milk...problem solved and he loves the taste.
It has smaller molecules than cows milk.
He though bloating after milk was normal :-\ EISH
Cheese has no lactose so continue with that no problem.

D

Deleted member 83869

Look at lactose intolerance. cut out all milk and milk products. Then try goats milk or soya. Hub is also lactose intolerant l gave him choice soya or goat he pulled a face tried goats milk...problem solved and he loves the taste.
It has smaller molecules than cows milk.
He though bloating after milk was normal :-\ EISH
Cheese has no lactose so continue with that no problem.
Oh no I hope im not I LOVE milk! I will have a look!

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
possibly less lactose in them l dont know their processes. Good grief you as bad as my other half he moaned about how he loved his milk goat milk would be vile he didnt like thoughts of soya.......
I dealt with it in my usual subtle way shoved a glass goats milk at him and said quit complaining try that see if you bloat...he tried it he didnt bloat loves goats milk and drinks that happily. He can have bit cow milk if we go out in a coffee and fine (apart from wind)
Bit like if he has some gluten a sudden concentration of product to much.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

possibly less lactose in them l dont know their processes. Good grief you as bad as my other half he moaned about how he loved his milk goat milk would be vile he didnt like thoughts of soya.......
I dealt with it in my usual subtle way shoved a glass goats milk at him and said quit complaining try that see if you bloat...he tried it he didnt bloat loves goats milk and drinks that happily. He can have bit cow milk if we go out in a coffee and fine (apart from wind)
Bit like if he has some gluten a sudden concentration of product to much.
Oooo I dont know I dont remember feeling like that after a small amount of milk say half a pint? maybe I drank too fast I do not know!! but often lately say in the past year or so when I eat a meal I often get nauseous say about 90% of the time after a meal!

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Collectingrocks mentions ms, please dont even go there as there are a million and one other things that can cause tiredness,i think mentioning serious illnesses to someone with tiredness is a tad silly, as with anything..if worried plz see your gp

D

Deleted member 83869

Collectingrocks mentions ms, please dont even go there as there are a million and one other things that can cause tiredness,i think mentioning serious illnesses to someone with tiredness is a tad silly, as with anything..if worried plz see your gp
Well I have seen her regarding my migraines and she has sent me to get my eyes tested which I guess could be the problem? I do not know

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Up to you milk is very easy to test get some soya or goat milk and have a glass.
Gluten longer as in so much but both easy to test.

D

Deleted member 83869

Up to you milk is very easy to test get some soya or goat milk and have a glass.
Gluten longer as in so much but both easy to test.
okay, so I should try goats milk and see what happens? and what is gluten?? like what foods? I sound so dumb! :(

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
You not dumb unless you think you are are you sure you not my Andy in disguise!!!

If you are fine on the goat milk means stick to drinking that and test your bodys reactions to normal milk see how much you can drink as l say my other half can enjoy a capuchino while out but not 2 at once.
If still have a problem some folks do try soya as it isnt a dairy product again see what happens.
If still a problem then ok it isnt lactose intolerance.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Gluten is wheat and grains the extreme problem is caelic but doubt like heck you have that but may be irritation to gluten again very common easiest is do a google on gluten intolerance.
Supermarkets now sell lot of gluten free products like diabetes it just means careful eating.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Put it this way bosses dog has been atvwork. The receptionist gave dog hug and gone all red and inflamed on her arms now...she hugs other dogs no oroblems...but bear is to soppy and cute not to cuddle.
Think of intolerances as being reactions like that

D

Deleted member 83869

Hmmm okay then I guess I could just keep an eye on what I am doing and drinking and eating etc! Isn't there gluten in most things though? and no no I'm not your hubby haha! :) Thank you for your help! :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Not most but an awful lot think diabeyes is easier than a coeliac but intolerance if it is that is easier to deal with.
The thing about lactose and gluten at least you can cross them off if you check them.

You not dumb to worry and you want to ask Q means you smart. Please update us as you go on :)
As they say the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.

D

Deleted member 83869

Not most but an awful lot think diabeyes is easier than a coeliac but intolerance if it is that is easier to deal with.
The thing about lactose and gluten at least you can cross them off if you check them.

You not dumb to worry and you want to ask Q means you smart. Please update us as you go on :)
As they say the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.
That is very true! Well I am away on Friday till Tuesday in Wales so no doubt I wont be as healthy but after that I am going to try very hard with what I am eating! And try to rule out what it could be! I am not sure if it is to do with the terrible pain that I am in with my back/sciatica, that may seem stupid but it just makes me feel so low because it seems that nothing wants to work for me. Sorry for going on! :(

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should test for coeliac disease before you go grain free, that is if you suspect you are coeliac. Another autoimmune disease! They test for antibodies and sometimes do some further testing that will be useless if you don't eat any grains/go gluten free.

There is a test for lactose intolerance as well, but easier, a bit like the OGTT so I don't know if they will let you have it, being diabetic. And goat milk is nice.

Gluten intolerance causes tiredness while going grain free can improve a lot of things, including diabetes control.

D

Deleted member 83869

You should test for coeliac disease before you go grain free, that is if you suspect you are coeliac. Another autoimmune disease! They test for antibodies and sometimes do some further testing that will be useless if you don't eat any grains/go gluten free.

There is a test for lactose intolerance as well, but easier, a bit like the OGTT so I don't know if they will let you have it, being diabetic. And goat milk is nice.

Gluten intolerance causes tiredness while going grain free can improve a lot of things, including diabetes control.
I have a blood test form to be tested for coeliac I hink but was told not to go for it until 2 weeks before my appointment with my Diabetes consultant its either that or test for Thyroid! Also can severe pain cause tiredness?