What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Wow, that looks fantastic! I will need to go to Tesco to remind myself of the name of this, but I found a can of green lentils that stated they were 6g carbs per 100. I'll definitely be making this. Do you think it would be sandwichable?
It would not act like sandwich bread, but would certainly be sandwichable as a filling - if you sliced it thinly it would be like a Subway Veggie Delight patty. It is called a loaf as it is made in a loaf tin, but is more like a "meat" loaf or nut roast than a Hovis loaf. Hope this makes sense.

I buy the dried green lentils and boil them up. They last forever in the cupboard.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dinner was pretty good tonight, lettuce wrap fajitas!

Replace the flat bread with a lettuce leaf; I used romaine, where they were more like fajita boats. I'd probably use iceberg next time. I used shop-bought fajita seasoning, onion, a red pepper, yellow pepper, a topping of cheddar cheese, a blob of sour cream and a dollop of guacamole.

Will definitely be having it again!

Reactions: 2 people

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Toast houmous coffee.
Chicken, veg and chilli wrap (Tesco) diet coke
Small moussaka (Tesco) diet coke
3 squares galaxy choc

BG 6.7 this morning after breakfast. Hopefully similar result tomorrow morning. :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Dinner was pretty good tonight, lettuce wrap fajitas!

Replace the flat bread with a lettuce leaf; I used romaine, where they were more like fajita boats. I'd probably use iceberg next time. I used shop-bought fajita seasoning, onion, a red pepper, yellow pepper, a topping of cheddar cheese, a blob of sour cream and a dollop of guacamole.

Will definitely be having it again!
My kind of dinner. When I made wraps with romaine leaves, they looked very pretty, but I needed a bib to eat them!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Dinner tonight was nothing fancy, but very tasty.

Quorn family roast with salad and coleslaw.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: bulletproof coffee (coffee, unsalted butter, coconut oil, xylitol)

Lunch: lamb stew with veg and pearl barley

Snack: cheese strings

Dinner: curry - nawabi khan (sp?) brinjal baagi, sag paneer (out celebrating a colleagues retirement) and one mouthful of pretty vile pink cocktail sickly strawberry and industrial alcohol muck.

Decaf tea, effervescent sambucol, water,

Very pleased I stayed low carb with the curry. Delicious, satisfying, and didn't take my glucose above 7. Really chuffed.

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greek yogurt with cinnamon, blueberries, nuts and Chia seeds ( breakfast!), bowl of broccoli soup (lunch), a dark handmade chocolate with some almonds (treat) dinner was a scranbran with butter cheese and a couple slices of cornedbeef. A mixed day to say the least but that's life!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
Breakfast- Nothing
Lunch - Ryvita, apple and a plum
Dinner - Spaghetti bolognaise and a side salad
Evening snack - Fruit

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tonight's dinner was another good'un...fried (cauli) rice.

Spring onion, garlic, chilli, julienne carrot, chicken, prawns, fish sauce, soy sauce and cauli rice.

RLightning

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I just had breakfast so far. I ate crackers. And I hope my mum would allow me to have pizza for lunch lols :D

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Best dinner in ages! :joyful:

Coconut lime cauliflower "rice", Thai mushroom curry, cashews for luck.

Will pop the cauli rice recipe on the low carb recipe thread.

52cb3daf_ss.jpeg

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was two slices of Burgen bread, with marmite and butter. Very nice.
Fasting blood glucose 5.7. Two hours later, 10.1
So that is off the menu. :mad:
And means that I won't indulge in some choc this evening.

Tonight will be roast chicken. It is in the oven now. I'm on my own this evening, so I shall have 2 chicken legs and all the skin. That should keep my glucose nice and low for the evening.

I will also make some Greek yoghurt up this evening, ready for tomorrow's breakfast, and eat it alongside a green smoothie.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today was cheese omelette: three eggs, 50 grams of butter, cheese to cover.

Dinner was barbecued ribs of mutton, nicely greasy, with a salad of green beans, parsley, tomatoes, red onions, olives, grated parmesan and some boiled whole spelt. Plus a generous helping of olive oil. Hubby said: I know you are the archaeologist here but I feel like a stone age man. Chewing away on the ribs I must admit I felt rather like a stone age woman!

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pleased that I could have low carb cod fillet and green veg at Carluccio's last night. Very nice. Had a glass of white with. Doing well, but then I spoiled it all with a coffee ice-cream!:oops::rolleyes:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Tonight we had pickled herring, butter, cheese and crisp bread (small piece of bread for me) for starter, with a snaps and a small glass of beer.
Then roast lamb, broccoli with lemon, garlic and olive oil, melanzane alla parmigiana (and potatoes for hubby) and a glass of wine (for me).
Afters were a low carb chocolate pudding with whipped cream.

No wonder I can do without food in the morning, eh?

Chocolate pudding: melt 100 grams of butter, add 100 grams of 85% chocolate and let it melt. Add 1 dl of cream. Whip two eggs with sweetener equivalent to 3 tbsp of sugar, add some vanilla extract, mix with the butter/chocolate, pour into a dish. Bake at 200 C for 6 min. Let it cool and serve with whipped cream.
Hej på dej! Är det vispgrädde?

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.