Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Breakfast. Greek style yogurt with berries, cinnamon and coconut

Lunch. Smoked salmon with very small potato salad with rocket, 3 chips from my sister in law. 1 soft drink, not coke or

similar. We went to a local pub

Snack. Apple

Dinner. 300gm veg with 4 new potatoes

Snack will be 2 rich tea biscuits.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was lovely ripe, home grown mango, with plain yoghurt and some bran.

The rest of the day is "white noise" due to the euphoria of breakfast; 3.8 before and 4.0 after! I'm calling that a result, and putting mango on the "Yes" list for occasional consumption.

I could run around the room, with my arms flailing, but that would be unseemly, and confirm my insanity. Instead I'll just keep grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I love and miss fruit, but I appear to be increasing my tolerance, as I can now have mango, pineapple, apple and next on the retest list in home grown banana. They're just the small finger bananas, so Mother Nature may have a means of protecting me from myself.

:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooooops. That would be mango. I'll edit.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The rest of the day is "white noise" due to the euphoria of breakfast; 3.8 before and 4.0 after! I'm calling that a result, and putting mango on the "Yes" list for occasional consumption.
:D:D

I am incredibly, wistfully, yearningly jealous.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
16 glucotabs, a Crunchie, six Jammie Dodgers, a 9 bar, and a can of full fat Coke.

Pump failure over correction rebound hypo day!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: coffee with double cream

Lunch: 2 poached eggs with butter on Livlife bread

Snack: 3 squares Lindt dark, with orange and almond

Evening: mr B came home from work tired and ravenous, and said 'I really fancy pizza. Want some? :woot:

And I said 'yes' :nailbiting:
So I had meat feast calzone, chips and onion rings with cheese :facepalm::banghead::bag:
Except that I actually had 1/2 calzone filling and 1/4 calzone dough, and 1/2 portion chips and more cheese than onion rings... :angelic:

But at 3 hrs, am 10.1 and rising slowly... o_O

So, to recap, that is not a single portion of fruit or veg all day, more carbs than I usually eat in 2 weeks, and a predicted case of heartburn at 2am :sorry:

However, in a shocking last minute turnaround, at 4 hrs, my BG is 5.3!!!
So perhaps not quite the train wreck I was expecting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Spam... Fried.. With eggs.. Lovely as a one off!!!!

Creamy vanilla yogurt n fruit..... Delicious...but not so good as my one off......

SPAM!!!!!!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Creamy vanilla yogurt n fruit..... Delicious...but not so good as my one off......

SPAM!!!!!!

I have never, ever had spam! Maybe I should branch out and have some! What does it taste like?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!

SPAM!!!!!!

At this point I had to check your profile to see how old you are! I remembered spam fritters from school but I think it was a 70s thing. There is an expensive chip shop near us in the posh bit of town and it sells them. Must admit, I was tempted! Don't go there at all now - lol!

mistyweather

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I n ever really enjoyed Spam first time round. When they re released it a couple of years ago, my husband got all excited and wanted to try it again. Nothing had changed much, I still wasn't too keen

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
Brekkie: Alpro soya yogurt and strawberries
Lunch: bacon, egg, mushrooms griddled in butter, tinned tomatoes, 1 slice toast and butter
Tea: fillet steak, mushrooms, 1 grilled tomato, 6 home made deep fried chips, 1 slice bread and butter, 300ml red wine
Too many mugs of tea
Readings between 5.4 and 7.7. Chuffed to bits!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I had papaya for breakfast. 3.9 before and 5.1 after.

Disappointingly, it tasted overly sweet for me. It was very ripe, but I'm not sure this will be on the "Yes, please" list too often; more due to taste than scores.

It's good to know again, I'm doing better with fruit these days.

Lunchtime, we have a beach BBQ arranged with friends, so that's very easy to keep the food sensible. At 11:15, it's already 29c, so best get the sunscreen out. I've had one too many Rudolph noses this spring already! :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Supper: moussaka (this is becoming a favourite!)

11pm snack: 1 inch cube Ardennes pate

On waking: 1 cheese string

Brekkie: green smoothie

Lunch: lamb shank with huge amount of caulicheese and 2 square inches of my Heston dark chocolate Easter egg.

K

Kat100

Alpen no sugar , almond milk

A coffee with almond milk ....very nice

Lunch ....homemade butter squash soup ....one slice seeded bread with soya ....

Then a walk ....

A bit of low sugar homemade lemon cake Coconut water

Tonight will be

Cauliflower cheese, new potatoes with roasted cumin seeds
Green beans

Raspberries with creme fresh and green and blacks , I love my bank holiday Monday :)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Just had avocado vinaigrette and steak & salad for dinner, then thought I'd try Squire Fulwood's recipe for fried rhubarb (in butter) with double cream (I added coconut shavings as well).

Interesting, but I think I'll stick to stewed rhubarb in future!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Naughty girl today.....
2 sausages and a poached egg
Handful of peanuts
Piece of Danish blue
Half a cadburys creme egg (yack!)
1 skip (double yack!)
Chicken casserole with bacon, wine and cream and broccoli and cauliflower
1/2 piece of chocolate fudge cake with a scoop of homemade sugar free strawberry ice-cream
Bs 15 mins after food 7.8 and 7.3 after 30 mins. I will not be eating creme eggs or skips again - utterly horrible (used to love them). Skip dissolved in mouth and tasted of purely sugar! Fudge cake will be occasional. Weird that I can have the cake without much of a problem but 4 mouthfuls of pasta or rice and go hyper!

Status
Not open for further replies.