Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Thanks Peacetrain for the title.
A group of us are taking part in a challenge to help us get fit.

It is very informal and individual to you. NO pressure.
The aim is to do 30minutes of exercise every day for 42 days starting Monday 19th May ie Monday.

The exercise can be as easy or hard as you wish. It can be walking , , swimming, keep fit , golf , dancing in your nightie ... what ever you wish
Its meant to be fun , no pressure .

Who's up for it?

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm up for it.

I swim pretty much every day, as well as riding my bike, maybe every other day, and our lifestyle here is very active generally. I reserve the right to do different things for my 30 minutes, over the 42 days.

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am certainly in. 12000 steps on my pedometer every day and a trip to Curves for a half hour workout three times a week.

I have two dogs to help me stay on track. They are happy to accompany me on most of the 12000 steps.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I want to be in but can only commit to weekends and holidays. The problem is I have a massive work load and a young family. I also do the shopping and the evening meals. My husband cooks cooked brekkie and does the kids pack ups whilst I shower them and me. He showers after we've all gone to school. In addition, he does all the washing. Before going to work. He doesn't get in till 6:45 so we all eat at 7. Once were done, I prepare work and mark stuff. Till 10-11. Except Wednesday when I feed each kid separately and ferry them to their separate clubs and don't have time so make up for that day by working at least part of one day of the week end. I am planning to do my 42 days in the summer holiday and will exercise every day in the Whitsun week. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i am in! of course hehe, as i do it now, im pledging to do an extra 30 mins on top each day, remember everyone that exercise for some can be a gentle walk they wouldnt normally do, there is no level to reach, just an extra amount of movement to normal, you dont have to do 30 minute intensive exercise to play, if you cant get out of the chair, do arm lifts holding a book in each hand, it dosent matter what it is, just join in :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Ok, I am in, but only if you don't laugh at me dancing in my nightie o_O Some activities are limited by my rubbish mental health, but I will give others things a go. I have a cross trainer, videos, a hula hoop and a garden that needs sorting. Should be enough to keep me going.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol youll be hula hooping in your nightie in your neatly trimmed garden by the end :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
i am in! of course hehe, as i do it now, im pledging to do an extra 30 mins on top each day, remember everyone that exercise for some can be a gentle walk they wouldnt normally do, there is no level to reach, just an extra amount of movement to normal, you dont have to do 30 minute intensive exercise to play, if you cant get out of the chair, do arm lifts holding a book in each hand, it dosent matter what it is, just join in :)
image.jpg

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I am certainly in. 12000 steps on my pedometer every day and a trip to Curves for a half hour workout three times a week.

I have two dogs to help me stay on track. They are happy to accompany me on most of the 12000 steps.

Glad you're with us Monicker

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I want to be in but can only commit to weekends and holidays. The problem is I have a massive work load and a young family. I also do the shopping and the evening meals. My husband cooks cooked brekkie and does the kids pack ups whilst I shower them and me. He showers after we've all gone to school. In addition, he does all the washing. Before going to work. He doesn't get in till 6:45 so we all eat at 7. Once were done, I prepare work and mark stuff. Till 10-11. Except Wednesday when I feed each kid separately and ferry them to their separate clubs and don't have time so make up for that day by working at least part of one day of the week end. I am planning to do my 42 days in the summer holiday and will exercise every day in the Whitsun week. :)

Do you work in education Scandichic?

I remember when my kids were young my life was like yours . You are probably active enough lol.
Can I offer you the role of cheer leader lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Andy12345 I couldn't have put it better myself .Glad you're with us

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Do you work in education Scandichic?

I remember when my kids were young my life was like yours . You are probably active enough lol.
Can I offer you the role of cheer leader lol

Yes! That would suit my current mood as I thought I'd only lost the pound I gained last week plus one other but I've stepped on the scales and I've lost a further pound taking me under the magic 14 stone to 13 stone 13lb ! Woo! Have dusted off my pom-poms and am practising my star jumps as we speak. Yes I am in education. I teach unruly teenagers - god help me!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ok, I am in, but only if you don't laugh at me dancing in my nightie o_O Some activities are limited by my rubbish mental health, but I will give others things a go. I have a cross trainer, videos, a hula hoop and a garden that needs sorting. Should be enough to keep me going.

Avacado Sevenfold that made me laugh . Just do what you can , no pressure , its a bit of fun enjoy it.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Yes! That would suit my current mood as I thought I'd only lost the pound I gained last week plus one other but I've stepped on the scales and I've lost a further pound taking me under the magic 14 stone to 13 stone 13lb ! Woo! Have dusted off my pom-poms and am practising my star jumps as we speak. Yes I am in education. I teach unruly teenagers - god help me!

My husband teaches in our local college and I have got lots of friends who are primary teachers so you are excused until the summer holidays lol.
If you are in England your holidays are quite a way off. In Scotland they start at the end of June. This is your very busy time. People don't realise the work you do at nights and weekends . Yes you get lots of holidays but if you are anything like my husband , who works every night after work, then you are probably owed more time lol

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Count me in. Given that I have sat on my ample a**e for the last 27 years, 30 mins a day will be a revelation.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have just been out in the back garden to test my hula hoop as I haven't used it for a while. It's ok - my next door neighbour is a hula girl too (what were the chances of that?? LOL) I am a bit rusty...or maybe it's a bit oval shaped :blackeye: Will master it again before the 42 days are up!