"A new you in 42"

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im on the verge of my new obsession "cycling" i havent mentioned it to the wife yet (she wont be happy lol) im reading about it online, this is very very bad for such an addictive personality, ill be riding across the arctic or something equally as stupid by may im sure

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK Jamrox. I am going to do at least 30 minutes walking as usual, but I feel I need to do something extra too, so I am going to do 30 minutes ironing or cleaning - some kind of housework which uses the muscles in my arms more, 'cos my arms are quite weak and need the exercise. I will be on holiday for some of your challenge so I started the ironing/housework bit 8 days ago so that I still do my 42 days worth.

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for organizing this, Jamrox. It should be fun to share our progress. Should we start a fund so we can send flowers to the injured?

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
no we just run passed the injured and rejoice in getting further than them, you can kick the injured on the floor but no spitting

im not competative or nothing

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
OK Jamrox. I am going to do at least 30 minutes walking as usual, but I feel I need to do something extra too, so I am going to do 30 minutes ironing or cleaning - some kind of housework which uses the muscles in my arms more, 'cos my arms are quite weak and need the exercise. I will be on holiday for some of your challenge so I started the ironing/housework bit 8 days ago so that I still do my 42 days worth.

Its all activity Zand . Good on ya xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Here are the flowers , hopefully we won't need to share them because no one will be injured x

Attachments

• 1400445901820.jpg
    1400445901820.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 207

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
im on the verge of my new obsession "cycling" i havent mentioned it to the wife yet (she wont be happy lol) im reading about it online, this is very very bad for such an addictive personality, ill be riding across the arctic or something equally as stupid by may im sure
Saw this and thought of you........
image.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Andy, why not do the Box hill ride on the 6th July? It's just been put up on the Bg website on the events page. Yay! Andy in lycra!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
.....errrrm i was just about to type ill do it when i saw the lycra.. ill do it if i dont have to wear lycra lol ???

one of the bikes is a proper road bike so thatll work :)

is there a route published so i cn practise?

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am certainly in. 12000 steps on my pedometer every day and a trip to Curves for a half hour workout three times a week.

I have two dogs to help me stay on track. They are happy to accompany me on most of the 12000 steps.
Same, but three dogs here!
I was so inspired I took them for a 30min run this morning (well a bit of walking too, our oldest dog isn't up to running too far). Looking forward to keeping up with all you lovely peeps!:D

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Reactions: 4 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
.....errrrm i was just about to type ill do it when i saw the lycra.. ill do it if i dont have to wear lycra lol ???

one of the bikes is a proper road bike so thatll work :)

is there a route published so i cn practise?
Lycra isn't essential, you have the alternative of teambg spandex hot pants Lol!:joyful:
I'll try to get more details on the route for you.
I'm in the same boat as you - only got my bike at Christmas, so I've got a bit of practicing to do! X

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Lycra isn't essential, you have the alternative of teambg spandex hot pants Lol!:joyful:
I'll try to get more details on the route for you.
I'm in the same boat as you - only got my bike at Christmas, so I've got a bit of practicing to do! X

maybe we could race to the finish line? lol :woot:

Hot pants sounds more my style :D

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
D day ....Day 1 Are you ready. .. lets play. ...any exercise you want for 30 minutes. ..good luck people.

Reactions: 4 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's blooming hot here already. Take care if you are exercising outside!