Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
To me, it's not the pages and pages of statistics and different types of charts, or percentages that count, as it can be bewildering and baffling to some, but just someone to say,' I'm sorry you are feeling down, sad,hurt or confused' it's the small things that matter the most, like a virtual hug or a small suggestion that can go such a long way :)

My thoughts entirely RRB :)

By staying around it's nice to offer help & support to those who are struggling or newly diagnosed, we have to remember that we were all there ourselves at one time.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ewwwww! Think I'm with Andy12345 on this one.
Hug or laugh best? I dunno lol!

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Mr Mercury but I think this may be just as appropriate:

I'm sure I saw some members in there :). Huddled together in a group:
Noblehead
Spiker
Squire Fulwood
Daibell

Meant in jest boys! ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

desidiabulum

Historical note: A number of good and prolific posters left the forum in November 2012 in protest at what they saw as heavy-handed and injudicious moderating, followed by a good number of other active posters who were their friends and supporters. I am reluctant to post this because I may get some of their long-term opponents attacking me for even mentioning the fact, but someone had to point this out, for the historical record if nothing else.

Reactions: 5 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've only ever been on one other forum. I guess differences of opinion are bound to surface. I'm sorry it happened. I didn't mean open old wounds. Sorry.

desidiabulum

I've only ever been on one other forum. I guess differences of opinion are bound to surface. I'm sorry it happened. I didn't mean open old wounds. Sorry.

Not at all. Just a historical note. I think it's good for forums to constantly renew themselves with new people and ideas rather than feeling trapped in past arguments and personalities. The forum belongs to whoever uses it.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
This happens on most forums I think, sometimes more than once. Nobody wins really. I moderate on a hobby forum where this has happened, you just have to shrug and move on, there's no accounting for human idiosyncracies sometimes. We're lucky - some forums are effectively unmoderated and seem to comprise continuous flame wars in every thread.

K

Kat100

Odd I should find this thread. First diagnosed this forum was the first thing I logged onto every morning but I have drifted a bit. I have a rotten cold, was away a couple of weeks ago and have just got out of the habit. It's the middle of the night here, this cold is keeping me awake and I logged in to you lot, now I am wondering what on earth I have been playing at! This forum grounds me in a way that nothing else in my life does and it's simply because you all know exactly what I mean when I make some statement that any non-diabetic wouldn't have a clue about.....AND you don't give me funny looks either...at least I don't think you do, errrrr you don't do you? o_O

Like @Kat100 says, it's like having a huge community of friends and sorry Andy, but here's a big group hug to us all! :happy:

xxxxx
Great Popsy there you are, hugs and kisses to you , just sharing your cold around lol ;) x

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope to stay a while, where else can i discuss all things diabetic whenever I want. Certainly helps me whether just browsing or commenting. Thanks all :)

Type 1, pumping nova rapid

Reactions: 10 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Historical note: A number of good and prolific posters left the forum in November 2012 in protest at what they saw as heavy-handed and injudicious moderating, followed by a good number of other active posters who were their friends and supporters. I am reluctant to post this because I may get some of their long-term opponents attacking me for even mentioning the fact, but someone had to point this out, for the historical record if nothing else.

Like all history the facts get distorted. My recollection is they left as they couldn't dictate the terms of the forum, some have since returned so it's no big deal Desidiabulum and hardly worth mentioning in what, up until now has been a positive and jovial thread.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I've heard there were "troubles" just before I joined but hey ho, past is the past ! A forum is only as good as the members. Remember, those that post are only a fraction of those that just read these threads. You've no idea how many people you've helped, made laugh or annoyed along the way :)

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've heard there were "troubles" just before I joined but hey ho, past is the past ! A forum is only as good as the members. Remember, those that post are only a fraction of those that just read these threads. You've no idea how many people you've helped, made laugh or annoyed along the way :)
Yup, I looked in once before and did not like what I was reading, so went away for a long time. Shame really, as it was just a snapshot of a few moments in time, but made me miss out such a lot of good craic, and good advice.

Reactions: 7 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dip in now and then but can rarely be bothered to post anymore as it just isn't worth the aggravation, I know what works for me and thats good enough.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dip in now and then but can rarely be bothered to post anymore as it just isn't worth the aggravation, I know what works for me and thats good enough.

And if it works for you it may work for someone else too. Readers can try all different options and see what they like best.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

You don't have to say sorry at all, you haven't opened any old wounds, your thread has given most members a happy thread to post on. I have found it very enjoyable to read and comment on, thank you:D

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You don't have to say sorry at all, you haven't opened any old wounds, your thread has given most members a happy thread to post on. I have found it very enjoyable to read and comment on, thank you:D

Thanks,
I suppose it's good to have some distractions from the drudgery of daily life ha ha

Reactions: 2 people