Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin,

Your reply brought tears to my eyes, you are such a sweet man, to me you are very courageous it takes an awful lot of guts to admit that you have made mistakes in life and are suffering terribly as a result, we all think it won't happen to us.

I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my daughter and was warned that I would probably get diabetes in later life. There is nobody in my family who has had diabetes so I thought I would get away with it, I carried on being a chocoholic and eating all the wrong things I had a terrible sweet tooth and wasn't satisfied with one piece of cake I would always have two, and here I am now almost twenty years to the day with T2 Diabetes. I have been borderline for probably about 2 years, but didn't do anything about it, if I had taken action straightaway I would not be in this situation today and could have delayed the onset for a few more years.

Your sad story has certainly shocked me into looking after myself, and the reality of what may lie ahead if I don't is terrifying. I am truly grateful that you allowed me and the rest of the forum into your life to help us not to suffer as you have.

I know you must be very scared and who wouldn't be in your situation, it takes someone very special to care about others when they are suffering so much, and Kevin YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL.

Take care, speak soon.

A BIG HUG to you and your family.

Love Marilyn xx

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Folks I dont think there is enough call either for the Thread or a. Blog, I am not going anywhere, and will post in the Forum, if ANYONE does need to talk, or to find out how things are, then Please feel free to PM me,

We really really want to thank you all for the Love, Care and. Empathy we have recieved,

Love. and. Hugs.

Kevin. and Wendie.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Love to you and wendie xxx

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi Kevin,
I have been reading your posts on a on going basis and admire your courage and determination.
I Have not responded as I share all the sentiment's expressed by so many others, I am certain everyone who looks at the forum posts has got your message of "Take good care" I certainly have.
I look forward to reading how things are Going
Best wishes

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin,

Glad to see you back on the Forum, It's been a while since you were last on, I have missed you and wondered if you were ok.

Lovely to hear from you again, always thinking of you.

Love to you and Wendie.

Marilyn xx

tizzy

Hi kman always look for any activity from you glad you still post I don't get on here as much at the moment but always have a read if I get time keep well tizzy

Reactions: 4 people

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sending you love and hugs, you have been an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others. At the moment my control is a bit haywire and there seems no pattern to work on but I know I have to control it somehow thanks to you. Take care of yourself and your family x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Hi hun I haven't been on much hope you are keeping well I just wanted you to know that you and the family are never far from my thoughts and prayers much love to you all xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't posted, but I have followed your thread, we all wish for the best for you both. keep posting
With 6,545 views, I'm not the only one

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Folks,

Wendie, Dayne, Delta the Dog was I few all still here, and OK as such,

Just 2 Days ago I had yet another Deterioration, and a bunch of Nerves in my upper left arm were damaged, but hey ho folks I live DisabledaboutPoweredWheelchairchairsChautauquaallowBuse fight another days right ?

I would love to had from a few you now and again, .it does get Lonely, So Please Keep in Touch, NOW is the Time for FRIENDS !!!

With ALL OUR. LOVE.

KEVIN and. WENDIE.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi kman, good to have you back again

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Folks,

Wendie, Dayne, Delta the Dog was I few all still here, and OK as such,

Just 2 Days ago I had yet another Deterioration, and a bunch of Nerves in my upper left arm were damaged, but hey ho folks I live DisabledaboutPoweredWheelchairchairsChautauquaallowBuse fight another days right ?

I would love to had from a few you now and again, .it does get Lonely, So Please Keep in Touch, NOW is the Time for FRIENDS !!!

With ALL OUR. LOVE.

KEVIN and. WENDIE.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Morning Kevin and hello to Wendie and family I wasn't around for a few months and now, so glad to participate on the forum again, plus you and Wendie were always in my thoughts:angelic:. There are so many wonderful people here following and sharing your journey through the better time's and the many bad times ( FRIENDS:D). We're rooting for you Kevin, keep on posting and keep that wonderful positive attitude of yours because that's what makes you who you are:) With love and my very best wishes to you all XXXX

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry folks, didnt realise AutoCorrect had took on my last post !!!

Anyway thanks all for the support, we love you all, there may be another big post soon with recent details, Drs now think 18 months max if I stay on very strict regime,

Think of me when Pollen count is high as I can't go out on those days, recent development, my eyes puff up so much I can't see. !

Email me people who have it, i'd love to hear how your all doing,

tizzy

Hi kman always always look fo your posts and to see if you are online only post when you can dont take too much on with blogs and stuff just good to know your about tizzy

Mad Dad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Litter Droppers. Ignorance & Arrogance. Liars. Tacky Reality TV Shows
Hi kman. I've not been around for a while so I hope your going well. Just read the last few posts and its a bit of good news from the Doc.... I've been off the wagon for a while and I'm really feeling it. I was doing so well too while I was training for a small duathlon. But I got a chest infection just before it so couldn't do it and my healthy regime hit the skids. That was 7 weeks ago and I've been sliding ever since. however I've just glanced through some of your scariest posts and its knocked be back on track. Keep up the good work, but only when you can. Nobody on here wants you to to more than you feel you can but you are a real motivator..... Thank You. Best wishes to the family.....

spirits

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Folks thank you all so very very much for all your love and support,

I have unfortunately been physically very ill for the last week, unable to eat and keep food down for the last 5 days,

The news of the deterioration in my condition hit me really hard, perhaps even harder than being told i was terminal,

Knowing now that my prognosis is such that my life expectancy is also significantly reduced,

I am very very scared,

The reason for this post, is that i have let some of you know i intend to start a Blog to take over where the Terminal and. Scared Thread left off, and i had intended to start that by now, but because of my physical illness and current state of being able to do pretty much nothing, and the fact this post alone is taking lots out of me, i am therefore begging you all to remain patient with me, and give me approximately another week to re over, and also get my mind back to normal, to be ready to run the blog,

Stay with folks, I want us to continue this journey TOGETHER. !

Love. and. Hugs.

Kevin and Wendie

xxx.
Hi kman, I do not know you and hope you are all right I am very sorry to hear of your shock with the illness,must not be easy to deal with at all,I hope you are getting through this bit better than the start of the news,it sounds a good idea to do a blog and post things that are meaningful to you and to share with others, I do hope you get through this, I so wish there was a miracle to fix all the ill health and make you better and the same for anyone else.stay strong thinking of you hugs x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
:oops::wideyed: When I was a kid in rural Lancashire (and in the books I had at the time) tupped merely meant to hit with your head (still does to me) - guess it means something different now! (where's the blushing icon when you want one:D)

Does explain why I have odd times heard of a Billy Goat referred to as a Tupp instead........;)
Just for the sheer randomness.... Tupp in Swedish is a cockerel!
@kman I would be honoured to offer my support for what it's worth! Big hugs to you and your wife. Take carexxx

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi kman. I've not been around for a while so I hope your going well. Just read the last few posts and its a bit of good news from the Doc.... I've been off the wagon for a while and I'm really feeling it. I was doing so well too while I was training for a small duathlon. But I got a chest infection just before it so couldn't do it and my healthy regime hit the skids. That was 7 weeks ago and I've been sliding ever since. however I've just glanced through some of your scariest posts and its knocked be back on track. Keep up the good work, but only when you can. Nobody on here wants you to to more than you feel you can but you are a real motivator..... Thank You. Best wishes to the family.....

Mad Dad, will try and PM , Lovely to hear from you again, please keep in touch mate. !

Status
Not open for further replies.