What type of work do we do?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone seen the film Black Sheep?
It's about man eating zombie sheep haha!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would anyone eat zombie sheep when there are plenty of non-zombie sheep available? Unless of course they were employed as lamb/mutton food tasters. Which, just in case anyone thought I was going off topic, is a job I would aspire to.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why would anyone eat zombie sheep when there are plenty of non-zombie sheep available? Unless of course they were employed as lamb/mutton food tasters. Which, just in case anyone thought I was going off topic, is a job I would aspire to.
I'd worry that zombie sheep were past their sell by date!

Reactions: 6 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think that people were doing experiments on the sheep and turned them into carnivores that had a taste for human flesh.
In all honesty, it could possibly be the worst film I've ever seen!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 people

RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
Jack of all trades,

Builder , ground worker, hard landscaper and gardener - just love the outdoors.

Dream job test driver for Aston martin :cool:

RoDnEyBoY

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
I've been a shift manager with mcdonalds for 17 years I finished up today start my new job as a learning disabilities nursing assistant on Monday really excited :))

Reactions: 11 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
This forum is my job! Lucky me

I also do a lot of the photography for diabetes.co.uk for various things like news articles, facebook posts, recipe books :)

Reactions: 7 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
..I work as a switchboard operator and do proofreading for the Correspondence Team at work...would love to go part time but only two of us are full time, the other part time...we cover 4,000 staff so they need two full timers ... intend to retire in a year of two but will miss an office full of people as I've known many of them for nearly twelve years..

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Retired dairy farmer. Sold up last May and now just live in farmhouse and rent land and buildings to a family member. Hoping to go back to uni next year to do MA in creative writing.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Retired dairy farmer. Sold up last May and now just live in farmhouse and rent land and buildings to a family member. Hoping to go back to uni next year to do MA in creative writing.
You could write about the nice folks from the forum.

Reactions: 4 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oooo, I'd love to do an MA in creative writing, but it's sooo expensive! Where would you do it? I'd like to go to UEA.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooo, I'd love to do an MA in creative writing, but it's sooo expensive! Where would you do it? I'd like to go to UEA.

Probably Newcastle as I could stay at parents that night as it is crammed into one evening for part time. UEA would be great but too far. First I have to fund junior's MA and get my writing mojo back!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Civil Engineer, currently managing contracts for the maintenance of bridges, culverts and other road related structures.....

Been in the industry since I was 21, 9 years ago, and will probably be in it till I retire..;)

gfgeoff

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all from leaving school I have been
Met police cadet
Met police constable
Diamond mounter+gemmologist
Financial adviser
Audiologist
Support worker
Highway white liner
Currently I provide entertainment to care nursing homes day care centres and memory cafés I play guitar and sing and play clarinet and sax
Phew
Geoff

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

I worked for one of the big 6 energy companies before it became a big 6, so started off as admin assistant in an office in Chichester, closed down office & transferred to Portsmouth and Street Lighting and stayed in various capacities until the company wrote and said that I had 40 years pensionable service and didn't need to pay anymore contributions. Asked if I could go early in that case, they sent me pension projections so I told them to sort it out and then went and told my boss where he could put the job (somewhere the sun don't shine much, though he seemed to think it shone out of his). Some would say my leaving date of 31st October (2010) was appropriate, but I couldn't possibly comment! Money may be a bit tighter than it was, but my improved health more than makes up for it even with T2. Husband was sort of retired anyway from teaching guitar and now just plays with an Irish band about once a week

C

chris lowe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Love reading about all the talented and hardworking members on here, doing such fantastic and interesting types of jobs:) Makes a lovely change from the evil Zombie sheep:rolleyes: lol

Adrian1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I work in telecoms and have done from school after an apprenticeship .
I work on behind the scenes networks involving fibre optics and work on networks for fixed line and mobile operators.
Bit geeky but I like anything computer/ software based.

I would like to change work for something that doesn't involve so much travelling as I feel it affects my ability to control my diabeties but scared to jump out of the frying pan into the fire in terms of job security etc.

Adie

@adie.harper