Breakfast Scrambled egg (1) bacon medallions, tomato
lunch smoked turkey salad
dinner stirfry veg , leftover chicken , bit of curry sauce

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Allbran with ss milk, 100g tinned pink salmon. Eating protein means I can cope with the cereal.

bg on waking 4.8, bg pre breakfast 6.8!, bg 2 hr post meal 4.8 :)

homemade veg soup.

Salmon fillet; onion, pepper and sweetcorn omelette, roasted veg.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Allbran with ss milk, 100g tinned pink salmon. Eating protein means I can cope with the cereal.

bg on waking 4.8, bg pre breakfast 6.8!, bg 2 hr post meal 4.8 :)

homemade veg soup.

Salmon fillet; onion, pepper and sweetcorn omelette, roasted veg.

Think I'd just give up on the cereal if it meant eating salmon, especially tinned salmon!!

Reactions: 3 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Protein shake with alpro

Chicken salad
1 biccie

Strange dinner as not much in
2 boiled eggs runny with 1 slice of bread as soldiers ( it was lush)
2 black farmers burgers on BBQ
Yoghurt with some linseed

Pre dinner 5.7
Post 2 tbc

I'm guessing there is already a thread so apologies, but what time do most of you all have evening meal at..?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I'd just give up on the cereal if it meant eating salmon, especially tinned salmon!!

I ate tinned tuna (in oil) for breakfast for 3 straight months once.

I was doing a really stressful short-term contract that required intense concentration... Back in those days I knew that milk and cereal gave me brain fog followed by a hypoglycaemia at 11am. And I didn't want to cook.

High protein, high fat (and probably high mercury!), quick, easy, no cooking, and I felt great til lunchtime.
Tuna was perfect.
So I did it every day.

Once the contract was over, I couldn't face tuna for about... 4 years. :wacky:

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuna I could just about manage but tinned salmon always reminds me of being in hospital and that being all that was on trolley.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Protein shake with alpro

Chicken salad
1 biccie

Strange dinner as not much in
2 boiled eggs runny with 1 slice of bread as soldiers ( it was lush)
2 black farmers burgers on BBQ
Yoghurt with some linseed

Pre dinner 5.7
Post 2 tbc

I'm guessing there is already a thread so apologies, but what time do most of you all have evening meal at..?

tend to eat around 6 now that we are " retired" ( though not of retirement age!!!) - tonight Mr E was out so I hung on as long as I could but fely flaky by 6.30 and made mine then. I try not to eat too late at night as it just sits heavily all night and I don't do exercise before bed as that isn't recommended for the menopausal night sweats! Sometimes I feel like I'm juggling too many health balls!

Reactions: 4 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cold ethyl said:
Its quite nice with vinegar and black pepper! If I dont eat cereal on work days I would end up eating 4 eggs a day which is too many even for me!! And I like eggs. x

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I try not to eat too many eggs too, even though I love them. I never liked cereal so don't miss it, though I may try with some oats to lower cholesterol in the winter.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I have a wrapped cathedral city cheese portion as my low carb treat at bedtime. I agree treats are important. I just have so much weight to lose and despite it taking years to go on, I want it off ASAP. I can't help thinking that my mental health would improve if I didn't feel **** physically and I want to show my GP and DN that I'm not just another fat, lazy menopausal woman with diabetes..... Not that they've said that, but you get the picture......
It's weird isn't it? As you say, years to go on then you want it to come off in 5 mins. I am exactly the same! I want rid of it all NOW!

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
There's a couple of flatbread recipes on this list. I got the psyllium to try #9 healthy subway *fingers crossed*

http://authoritynutrition.com/15-low-carb-bread-recipes/

Weightloss - You can do it Ethyl! It is carbs that make us fat. Andy posted a video of the dishy Swedish doctor explaining it all :) I'll look for it if you want.
Just to let you know, psyllium husk is a laxative. We made waffles with it. All I'm going to say is, it's an extreme way to diet. It may not affect you but you might want to stay near a loo!

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat around 6ish

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
tend to eat around 6 now that we are " retired" ( though not of retirement age!!!) - tonight Mr E was out so I hung on as long as I could but fely flaky by 6.30 and made mine then. I try not to eat too late at night as it just sits heavily all night and I don't do exercise before bed as that isn't recommended for the menopausal night sweats! Sometimes I feel like I'm juggling too many health balls!
I know that feeling Ethyl I'm perimenopausal as well as having prediabetes, I started having hot flushes 2 years ago at the grand old age of 39. I'm also battling the hay fever from hell, I don't know why it's so much worse this year :(

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that feeling Ethyl I'm perimenopausal as well as having prediabetes, I started having hot flushes 2 years ago at the grand old age of 39. I'm also battling the hay fever from hell, I don't know why it's so much worse this year :(

It's awful isn't it? I'm 48 so I'm hoping this is the end of it soon, Started with them a few years back but they are much worse recently. Male GP just thinks it's part and parcel of the diabetes and being a woman and as I can't take HRT I'm having to like it or lump it. Hope the hay fever subsides a it- think it generally has been worse this year as everything was late then all came out in a rush.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
diamum and cold ethyl I so sympathise with you. I am sitting here in a sweat at the moment and nights are unbearable. I had these symptoms last summer and was then diagnosed with pre diabetes so thought the two were related. However my bg levels are OK now so think it is the perimenopause. I am 47. The GP suggested one of the antidepressants. I take amytriptiline for migraine and nerve pain which knocks me out - it I take 2 I won't be able to get out of bed!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just to let you know, psyllium husk is a laxative. We made waffles with it. All I'm going to say is, it's an extreme way to diet. It may not affect you but you might want to stay near a loo!
I have read it is what they make Fybogel out of! :eek: I did not notice a laxitive effect, but I did feel quite thirsty eating it so drank lots of water with the bread (bg ok at the time) I am pondering whether I could make a pizza crust out of the dough.

I am 49 and don't want a menopause! Not enough hours in the day for it I reckon what with the T2 and everything. I am on the progesterone mini pill so hope I can fly under menopause's radar for a while longer. I was reading a thread on here the other day on which women posted that their night sweats had stopped when they started low carbing, but @aqualung 's post makes me wonder if it is just the luck of the draw as her bg is so well controlled.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
diamum and cold ethyl I so sympathise with you. I am sitting here in a sweat at the moment and nights are unbearable. I had these symptoms last summer and was then diagnosed with pre diabetes so thought the two were related. However my bg levels are OK now so think it is the perimenopause. I am 47. The GP suggested one of the antidepressants. I take amytriptiline for migraine and nerve pain which knocks me out - it I take 2 I won't be able to get out of bed!

Yes apparently Effexor helps with them, but as I have highish BP already, I'd rather not take it a that is a possible side effect. i don't think mine is diabetes related as they get worse at certain times in month and I often get hot flushes throughout day and worse in evening. they have also made my anxiety and panic disorder much worse recently. I'm glad it's not just me that finds them unbearable ( not glad you've got them too) as i wake up bathed in sweat , heart racing and just want to cry some nights.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read it is what they make Fybogel out of! :eek: I did not notice a laxitive effect, but I did feel quite thirsty eating it so drank lots of water with the bread (bg ok at the time) I am pondering whether I could make a pizza crust out of the dough.

I am 49 and don't want a menopause! Not enough hours in the day for it I reckon what with the T2 and everything. I am on the progesterone mini pill so hope I can fly under menopause's radar for a while longer. I was reading a thread on here the other day on which women posted that their night sweats had stopped when they started low carbing, but @aqualung 's post makes me wonder if it is just the luck of the draw as her bg is so well controlled.

I just want it done and dusted as periods have been the bane of my life since I was 9!!!! I have endometriosis too so am hoping that improves once things stop. My BG is averaging about 5.5 and I've not seen anything above 7 on my meter so I do think the lo carbing is helping that if nothing else. It is a vicious circle for me as anxiety makes them worse and they make anxiety worse. I've treat myself to two books on guided mindfulness which a friend and another GP at practice recommended and hope that will help. I do think that given it affects so many women so badly, that the NHS could do something more like support groups at GP surgeries run by a woman GP etc, rather than doling out HRT and other pills.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I just want it done and dusted as periods have been the bane of my life since I was 9!!!! I have endometriosis too so am hoping that improves once things stop. My BG is averaging about 5.5 and I've not seen anything above 7 on my meter so I do think the lo carbing is helping that if nothing else. It is a vicious circle for me as anxiety makes them worse and they make anxiety worse. I've treat myself to two books on guided mindfulness which a friend and another GP at practice recommended and hope that will help. I do think that given it affects so many women so badly, that the NHS could do something more like support groups at GP surgeries run by a woman GP etc, rather than doling out HRT and other pills.
Aww hugs to you, my mum was the same age as you when she started her periods but she didn't have much trouble with them. I think the women's troubles in our family skipped a generation because I've inherited them all! I've always had longer periods than average (about 14 days) and I've tried various different pills in an effort to sort them out. At the moment I have the contraceptive implant but that's not working as well as I'd hoped - for the first 6 months after I had it inserted I had a permanent period! Luckily it settled down a bit after that but I still have the hot flushes and the hay fever from hell to contend with :( My stress is about to go through the roof as well, my son graduates from college next week and he is autistic so holidays are a big flash point for him. All he wants to do is sit on the computer all day. He used to be agoraphobic and is only just starting to go out independently but he is also starting a new college in September so we have all the transition worries as well. Good job my BG has settled down - just a few months ago it was 8.6 now it's between 5.5 and 6. Now I know how to compensate for any bad days.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My son is on spectrum too and suffers from OCD - he's just coming to end of second year at uni so will be back in a week or so. Holidays are worse for him too as he doesn't have friends here so this time he's going to stay in his student house a bit over summer as he can meet up with friends and get on with his dissertation for next year. Change is always hard for them, but he is coping better as he has got older and become more of his own person. Hope your son's college transition goes smoothly.
I've had the endless periods, erratic cycles and just soul sapping pain for years on and off so the only thing getting me through this is the thought that one day soonish it'll all stop. Strangely my BG was 8.6 on diagnosis and is about 5.7 now. I'm trying to do things to improve my stress levels as that has a massive impact on all my ailments but it's hard when you have family and their problems to juggle too. Big hugs to us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.